A few mega questions

Three questions:

1. A few weeks ago, early in the process (9/17), I mega evolved my 98% purified Beedrill, for the first Mega evolve quest line. Evolved to a CP of 3545. Evolved again, for the more recent mega quest, had CP just below 2500, same Beedrill; only differences were that this was the second time mega evolving it, and it was buddied up the first time, not the second time. The base beedrill is not powered up much, has a CP of 1314.

Was this a fluke bug? The 3500+ CP was more than Gamepress said it could have at level 40. Seems like way to big a CP difference for buddying up to cause.

1. For those of you who have done it, when you mega evolve Charizard, how does choosing between X and Y work? Is there a dialogue box, is it random, and how do the evolve costs change to do one or the other?

2. Related to #2, reports were that evolving 'Zard Y did not check the evolve box, and evolving 'Zard Y a second time cost 200 mega energy again. Has that bug been fixed?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to replies.

A few weeks ago, early in the process (9/17), I mega evolved my 98% purified Beedrill, for the first Mega evolve quest line. Evolved to a CP of 3545. Evolved again, for the more recent mega quest, had CP just below 2500, same Beedrill; only differences were that this was the second time mega evolving it, and it was buddied up the first time, not the second time. The base beedrill is not powered up much, has a CP of 1314.

This was an event feature where Mega Beedrill is level 44.

In reality, the feature is bugged in so many levels.

1. If your Beedrill is hurt it will ALWAYS stay hurt at 1HP left
  2. The numbers on Beedrill’s Mega Evolve Screen are bugged and it acts exactly as if it had that CP. I had a Beedrill which displayed 5000CP something and it acted as such, and sometimes the Beedrills had 10000+ CP and those EXACTLY act as if they had 10000+.
  1. As Mr-ex777 stated there was an event where any Beedrill would Mega Evolve to level 44. That’s over so, provided you don’t intentionally use the current “bug” your Mega Beedrill will have the proper CP when you Mega evolve it. That said, the bug which grants Mega Beedrill absurdly high CP (actually works for any Mega) is something you need to intentionally do, you don’t stumble upon it by accident.

2. When you go to Mega evolve a Charizard you get a dialogue box asking if you want to evolve to X or Y, it will show you how much energy it will cost, and it will show you the Mega’s CP. The bug with the energy cost was fixed as of 9/15. https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?s=release-notes-known-issues&f=0-187-release-notes&p=web

Both of you, thanks. Much appreciated. Not surprised the Beedrill thing was a bug.