A Hypothetical Xane Build

So, not sure how many people actually know of this guy’s existence, but Xane, from the Archanean games, was a Manakete who had the ability to transform and copy the stats of an allied unit (Except Manaketes,) and he’s one of the most highly requested units from that game for FEH. Given the fact that he’s all about transforming, here’s my idea on how to make that as balanced as possible…

So, first thing’s first, you may notice, he is incredibly weak. He would have the lowest BST in the game at 138 (Though I considered lowering his attack and defensive stats some more.) Really, most of his abilities went into speed (which is quite important to him.) He has a stat-spread of 38/28/40/16/16. I also chose to give him a colorless breath, despite not using dragonstones in his own game, because I figured being colorless would fit him a whole lot better in-combat, than the sword and lance unit he was in his own game, giving him neutral matchups against all but Raventome users. But the real abilities he has, lies in his abilities…

Mimic Breath: 16 MT. If unit initiates combat, and unit’s Spd ≥ target’s speed +3, and target is not wielding green/red/blue/colorless breath type or beaststone weapons, unit transforms, and copies all stats and skills of the opponent, and can move again. Inflicts -7 Atk/Spd/Def/Res on unit, after any combat initiated. If foe’s Range = 2, damage calculated using the lower of foe’s Def or Res

So, essentially, that means, if he outspeeds his target by 3 points, and they AREN’T a dragon or beast unit, he can transform into them, and can move again, either to try to finish the target off, or try to retreat. Now, obviously, this would be rather busted in single-player battles, so, to balance it out, the turn you transform, you gain a -7 debuff to every stat, so you can’t just decide to go ham on the enemy team the moment you copy their L!Alm or something.
Impersonate acts similarly, only instead of an enemy, it’s an ally, and you have to outspeed them by 6 or so points, so, unless they’re slower than 34, you can’t just transform first thing each round. You also still gain the -7 debuff when using Impersonate. I’m not sure if this debuff should last for a few turns, or if the first turn debuff is enough to balance it out though.

The skills in his base kit will be replaced on transformation, so I just gave him some stuff that will help him to achieve transformation in the first place. Darting Blow helps him to reach the speed threshold he needs for the faster enemies, like Ayra or Alm. Windsweep is crucial in making sure he doesn’t…you know…die whenever he tries to transform into an enemy. Xane will still get the debuff, even if he doesn’t transform, so, of course, watch out for that.

So, anyway, that’s my idea for whenever Xane shows up in Heroes. If you have any feedback on it, let me know, so I could try to work on that.

5 Likes

hi dad

2 Likes

Greetings, daughter!

2 Likes

have you been okie

2 Likes

Not at all! :D

1 Like

o h no
what can i do to help

1 Like

Start a crusade

1 Like

i would need supplies

2 Likes

All you need is a catapult and looooots of children to fire!

1 Like

instead of children

may i suggest

people who brush off rape and promote racist ways

1 Like

Too big. They’ll break my precious catapult

1 Like

make a bigger one for all of them dad, i know you can do it

1 Like

I have a question:
If Xane transforms into an ally, will he have the exact same abilities of the allies that he impersonates (transforms into)? Like if he is able to transform into L!Azura, will he be able to use Gray Waves and will he also spread out the buffs that the target currently has (with Prayer Weel)? Or will he just look like them and only have the same stats as the unit he impersonates?

I would imagine so. That would make him incredibly annoying on AR defensive teams, if the AI wasn’t aggressive and just a little stupid, so he may just transform into someone else, and suicide rush your units with his debuffed stats

Well I was thinking more about offense. If he has the same skills like Loki or B!Fjorm for example and his transformation lasts until the start of your next turn (lets say after Loki’s and B!Fjorm’s skills would trigger) then you can actually make a team that has (some) of these units and then you could transform him into whatever the offense team needs the most at the moment. He could for example transform into another Kaden as well and deliver additional Drive support.

Of course he will still need to reach the speed requirement for this, but that can be done with merges, speed modification and even buffs.

1 Like

I really like Xane, and I made this a while back.

Shapeshifter: Grants Spd +3. If unit is not transformed and unit can counterattack, copies foe’s stats and skills during combat. After combat, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on opponent. Unit retains form until the beginning of the next phase
Transform: Unit copies an ally’s stats and skills, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 and unit gets another action.