A question for Close Counter

So as it turns out, my sister recently got close counter fodder, and isn’t sure what to do with it. I wasn’t much help either, so I was wondering if there were any suggestions. She did tell me that I can post any of her units if this helps anyone.

4 Likes

Yes, do this please.

4 Likes

Yeah posting units she has may help out.
In general I have used it on my V!Faye, and Lena.
Merge projects are the best choice when using it.

4 Likes

The best close counter users are ones with higher defense or vantage sweepers (vantage units that get to 75% hp and then attack first and try to kill every single unit before they get killed) I personally gave my cc fodder from the divine codes to kronya, because she has a built in weapon effect that let’s her vantage any enemies who has less than 100% hp. Another good option is legendary leif

3 Likes

I have L!Leif with CC + Vantage and it’s stupidly good. I also have a Broadleaf fan Sothe with CC + Vantage. I have as well a Sophia (with Close Foil this time, but CC is good as well) who is a great tank with that.

Generally, you’ll want it on ranged Enemy Phase units, like tanks or Vantage Sweepers.

6 Likes

This is her options

5 Likes

The best one I see is Norne, an easy merge project that has some of the best bst for an archer.
After that maybe W!Jaffar or Robin.

3 Likes

Perhaps some potential, cheap, builds? She is really at a loss. And I am tired of hearing her talk over and over about it…

4 Likes

She has a Sothe, and a potential for the broadleaf fan. So perhaps…

2 Likes

Very cheap builds here, just 20k feathers…

1 Like

Appreciated! She’s eyeing the Robin build. Thanks for the options!

1 Like

Micaiah with CC Vantage is another good option for AR-O though it’s more niche

No problem, I’ve been messing around with a ton of builds for units like Norne, though more expensive.

Well, she has access to Sothe and a Broadleaf fan. That makes for a fairly solid - albeit common - combination when used with Close Counter and Vantage.

If she wants to sack Thrasir, she also has access to Panic Smoke for easier self-Broadleaf procs, though it’s not necessary, she would just need…like…Aversa or someone else who can debuff to support him. He’s also a fairly easy unit to get, making him much easier to merge up to +10.

1 Like

She likes the idea. Thanks for the option :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How so?

She’s great as a pocket pick vs. cav teams which are really popular. But honestly if she only has one CC to fodder, I’d agree with the broadleaf idea. Sothe was mentioned already, but Chad and Gangrel are also great picks since they can avoid panic effects easier.

I see. I’ll let her know. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like