A Tale of Two Mages

So I pulled this unit late last nite on a free pull…

I don’t know anything about her (as I’m pretty new to the game) other than she is super OG.

I also got this off focus hero (but did get two focus heroes on the same summon wheel, so it’s all good) …

Any insights on these two mages would be appreciated thanks!

4 Likes

the first one is offense oriented
the 2nd one is defense oriented
you can still build both however you want
and ye, thats basically it

8 Likes

Oh wow, Lugh ties or beats Linde in every stat :feh_bernieshock:

7 Likes

Lugh’s rally up res+ skill is AMAZING for arena scoring. I’m not sure how far you are into the game, but once you are at a point where you’re building units for arena, that rally will come in handy as fodder
Linde kinda sucks these days tbh

2 Likes

I started yesterday. It’s good to know that he will at least be good for something thanks.

I kinda thought this much and was a bit bummed that she was my free pull on Forsyth’s banner. I thought I may have to restart the game after finishing my summon session, but the pirate banner (which gave me Lugh) redeemed the poor Linde pull by giving me Tibarn and Geese on the first summon wheel… thanks for your insight!

5 Likes

I love Linde,but she is pretty outdated. If you are new she is still good and fun to use. Back in year 1, she was really thee best mage in the game, fwiw

5 Likes

Welcome to the game! IMO, this gacha is tons of fun and quite generous to free players. I’ve only played pokemon ones and their summon mechanic is really frustrating (in masters). Anyway, since you just started you literally have access to 1K orbs+ in all the chapters to complete. And I’d highly recommend you play the dialogue for at each Normal difficulty play though. And beginning with chapter 1 book 1 and progressing is best. I really like the story and I hope you do too! And the paralogues can be played however you want. Cuz they don’t really co tribute to the story.

If you ever need any more advice on builds, saving orbs for a project, etc, just make a thread and ask. Everyone here is super helpful.

5 Likes

I just wrapped up the first Book in the story mode. So, she’ll most likely be on the team I stick in to play the next book… thanks for replying.

3 Likes

Thanks, for the welcome! I’ve finished the first book and snagged the free heroes the story gives you. The story mode seems interesting enough.
I’ve been using the Heroes Path’ as a guide through the game progress (I figured it set a decent pace and the extra loot is nice)… I don’t plan on blowing through my orbs. I’ve really only pulled on Herofest and the pirate banner. It seems like all the different banners is a trap… thanks for your help

2 Likes

They are a bit of a trap. Did you pull the two free 5* summons yet? If not, your best picks are Veronica and Micaiah on those banners

2 Likes

@iamnotkiran My man @We_like_Ike is right on here. I would collect as many as you can, and then look on one or talk to people about who the “best” are.

In case you’re wondering who the best is…

[insert Top Gun meme here]

And then once you know that, you can spend your orbs on some of the banners with best odds like Weekly Revivals for older units or your Hero Fest one, which you should have for a while as a new guy.

3 Likes

@iamnotkiran Yeah I feel the game is pretty balanced as far as new players to vets goes. New players have access to so many orbs to spend on the newest, broken unit and merging/top fodder pulling. Vets like myself have exhausted our orb supply besides new free orb inflow, that when it comes to new, if we haven’t been saving for awhile, we’re hooped unless we get really lucky or spend coin. Yes new players don’t have as great of access to OG unit availability, and while we may have max merges on some (Micaiah for me), so many new units are better out of the box than her at 0 investment, that unless new players must have an OG character, they are better off waiting and pulling for the newest characters being released and saving their F2P orbs they gather now.

Anyway, you’re in a great place for starting out! Have you been a long-time FE fan or did you come across this game a different way?

3 Likes

Sac Linde for feathers and fodder Lugh to a green mage you can merge.

4 Likes

Okay, so as sad as it is going to sound, I haven’t played ant Fire Emblem games… sadder still, is that I remember turning on the Nintendo on Saturday mornings. I had to get up before my siblings or I got stuck playing Duck Hunt or Mario. I always preferred the likes of Zelda, but there was always one game we weren’t aloud to play , because it was Dad’s (he kept a notebook on the side of the TV for it too, and I found it odd at the time), it was none other than the original Fire Emblem… even though I was never aloud to play it I stole the insert to the game (because back then they always had a poster that showed what tge characters were supposed to look lile) and used it for a book cover for one of my school books… yes I’m that old to have had an original Nintendo when it was the latest and greattest…

3 Likes

I haven’t pulled on those. Figured I’d save um for a Rainy Day… outside of the pirate banner and the Herofest, I’ve only pulled the free summon. The Herofest has been a bit of a bust thus far bur I’ll probably throw a little more at it to try for Sothis. I’ve only done three circles on the pirate banner, but it has ironically been the more lucrative banner for me (go figure). This is my barracks after grabbing the free heroes in the story and Heroes’ Path (and finishing the first book)…

3 Likes

So yeah veronica and Micaiah are the best picks for those free summons. And in another week another banner like those will drop with 4 new units

2 Likes

Cool thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

if you are a one day old player, I would recommend rerolling to get the unit(s) you want, at least up to a point. Now is a particularly good time to do it since you’ll have an extra 15 orbs to pull with.

Who is the best unit to reroll for currently is tougher to say. All units get access to the hero fest banner for one week, so probably not any of them. Rerolling for a +atk harmonic veronica or pirate tibarn would definitely be a good choice. After that, I’d probably recommend pulling on the hero fest banner for 1-2 copies of each unit, their fodder is just that good. The rest of your orbs from the story I’d save until you see what cyl4 offers.

Also - when cyl4 drops in a week, you’ll lose your free pick from cyl2 soon after. So if you want three free heroes, make sure you choose one before then.

2 Likes

You could try to emulate the old games

If use have an iPhone I can help just DM me.

3 Likes

1 Like