About the game's state

What do you guys think about Dragalia Lost right now and its future?

It’s tough to say, there is so much that has happened with the game recently.

Until void battles, the game had become a bit repetitive and grindy, but they seem to have made some effort to reduce the grind and add more varied content.

Then there is also the Nintendo statement about reducing micro-transaction and specifically calls out Dragalia Lost.

I’m hopeful that they continue to support the game and refine it, FGO had it’s issues on launch in JP and it’s just become a better game over the years.

I would personally like to see them reduce the character limitations the game has in place; Co-abilities kinda force you to not play the character you have because another player already is using them, if you want an optimal setup, and resistances really effect what content a character is good in.

As someone who has played many different gachas over the years (including Summoner’s War, Brave Frontier, Epic7, Grand Chase) Dragalia Lost is the only mobile game I have thoroughly enjoyed. I’m sure there were others, but I was one of the people that left feedback about giving people a second Wyrmprint slot. Two months later they were already setting that up. O.o

The fact that Nintendo has directed CyGames to reduce micro-transactions is amazing. This isn’t a cash cow for Nintendo. They are a company that wants to create iconic IPs that people can grow with. This fact alone makes me more wiling to spend money, even if it’s just money to unbind 5* dragons.

The action JRPG elements are amazing. Just being able to dodge/roll/evade is amazing in and of itself and I think that with the additional improvements to team AI, this game will only continue to push developers in a new dynamic direction.

Also the music and humor in this game is amazing. You can really tell that they care about bringing personality to every story event, which really helps create a bond with whoever your favorite waifu/husbando is (fingers crossed for Mym adventurer/Fat Notte/Jacked Luca/Leif/Forte).

Also I really love the emphasis on coop as opposed to PVP. Whether they do PVP in the future is still up in the air, but I feel like any gacha that emphasizes PVP over content(like that’s their main priority) is lazy and is looking for a 2-year cashcow that dies in obscurity (die slow Summoner’s War).

Overall, I’m really excited about what they have already accomplished as far as game mechanics and quality of life improvements. It’s hard to believe this game hasn’t even hit 6 months yet. I hope they continue to innovate and push the developers to create something really iconic. Don’t settle for a few whales when you have the opportunity to turn everyone into dolphins!

The dev team’s responsiveness to feedback is really promising. Aside from the smaller QoL changes, they’ve also done a lot to break up the monotony by adding Void battles, increasing the difficulty of Challenge Battles, and leveling the sharp incline towards High Midgardsormr.

I still think the event cycle is a bit repetitive though, and would really enjoy the addition of a new event type. There were rumors about a dungeon-crawling mode and that sounds super fun. They’ve done a great job keeping the combat fresh with a high skill ceiling, but I think the exploration aspect of the story mode is under-utilized.

I have enjoyed this game from day one and I appreciate all he work that has been put into it. My only gripe is the *5 summon voucher allows for duplicates to be pulled. The things cost $25. The least they could do is program it such that a duplicate can’t be pulled.

There’s definitely room for improvement in the game, but it’s so far been a very smooth experience, with a great localization and a highly responsive dev team. I enjoy the action combat, and the main story appears to be going places, finally. I’m still not sure if Dragalia will develop the same affection in me that I have for, say, FGO or Granblue Fantasy (GBF is by far the closest point of comparison, design-wise), but it’s on track, from my perspective.

That said, I would advise folks pinning their hopes on the news about Nintendo allegedly directing the team to reduce microtransactions with a large grain of salt. The reporting around that story is confused by the desire some press and fans have to demonize gacha and valorize Nintendo, despite the fact that the Big N runs one of the most predatory gacha games out there (Fire Emblem Heroes). When it comes to this style of game, only ever believe it when you actually see it happening.

Currently, I feel the game is at a good point for its age, it’s second behind FEH which has been around a good minute longer. The dev team listens to its audience, apologizes for inconveniences, and is generous with gifting compared to FEH from what I’ve seen. Because it’s still a baby game in my eyes, I don’t have many grievances since it’s still being updated, edited, made nice.

I played FEH for a while and got bored and annoyed with it for a bunch of reasons, Dragalia has yet to do anything to make me delete the game, and with how the team treats its players it makes me feel less guilty about spending some money on it. I’d love for the game to help new players for a while longer (more than it does right now) since new and more difficult content is being unloaded onto us and with facility events, it feels as though new players have a disadvantage with High Trials especially, I joined around the end of Wish to the Winds and my shrine from that event has been stuck at 20. A way to obtain past facility at least would be fantastic. As well as more love for dark units. It’s my favorite typing and I’m super biased about it.

TL;DR : Dragalia is going in a good direction and I hope that they continue to build it and its fanbase. I want it to run FEH and Lyn into the ground.

Since ive been playing since day 1, i can tell that this game has been the most generous by far in terms of the developers giving out free stuff when a bug/glitch occurs that can ruin the gameplay for other players compared with FEH devs. Some of the banners that have come out till now have been giving players a 10 summon ticket so this allpws f2p a shot at the 5*s dispite the summon rate… If you want to know where FEH got those free summon tickets in forging bonds, this game gave them that idea. The other thing i like is the castle, (personally i wish we could see castle lv beside other players we co-op with so that way you can get a feel where there stats are but that could be implemented later), having structures that stat boost really improve charecters so technically there is no teir rank on who can do what better, it all depends on building’s level in the end.