Adrift Talks: The Return

Hey! It’s been a minute.
Sorry that I posted this later than I said I would. Not gonna lie, I’ve been a little out of it mentally and have been just drained. I haven’t felt like doing anything for a long time, and I’m still kinda in that pit. I’m better than I was, but like I said. Still there.
Anyway, enough about that. Lets get into it shall we?

So, I am excited to say that I have (finally) gotten my first job! Not that exciting, I know, but I’m really looking forward to it. It pays pretty well, and I’m able to get some work experience before I head into college.

As you may know, I did delay July’s Adrift Talks because I was visiting family and what not. It was a pretty good time. When we first landed, the pilot didn’t use the brakes at the start. So he just slammed on the brakes when his method didn’t work. After that, he came on the intercom and said “Well, the good news is the brakes work haha.” So that was a great start to that trip. The rest was great though. I got to see family that I hadn’t seen in years. One of my little cousins thought I was 30, while the other thought I was 25. I’m 18 ;u;
But it was great to see them, and I had a blast.

That’s all I got for now. I wish I had more to talk about, but with COVID spiking up again, it’s been rough trying to get out of the house.
Either way, stay safe and I’ll see you guys next time!

11 Likes

What do you call a C- pilot?

“Captain”

Stay safe and congrats on the job. Your first job is a great opportunity to learn how to deal with being forced to work with a wide range of personalities, which IMHO is at least half the stress you’ll have at every job in the future.

5 Likes

What a coincidence, I just got my first job too!!! Also I’m.glad you had fun!!!

2 Likes

Glad for ya. :feh_bigbeauty:

I miss traveling… Most of my family does live nearby at least.

1 Like