Advice on Armament of Triumph and Crest of Humanity CCs

Mash doesn’t have class advantage against anyone, so she takes neutral damage rather than 0.5% damage from enemies, so I could see it being useful for her, especially in a stall or semi-stall team where you’ll be using her cards to charge her NP anyway. If you don’t have a healer in the team or if the healing isn’t powerful enough, then a little bit of flat damage reduction every few turns can add up. Or at least, hopefully it works that way, I’m still working on the point ladders to get it before I can try it out.

Mash has a taunt, so you could at least ensure the damage cut gets used when it is applied. But still… I don’t see 100 HP/turn making any significant difference when MOBs hit for 2k+ without crits.

Do these sound like guidelines that seem reasonable for the star cards?

(Note: I know there is a spreadsheet out there, but I checked and it seems to only list a few Servants for each CC. I’m thinking general guidelines might be more useful for most players, especially new ones who will have a smaller roster and more questions.)

The recipient of a stargen CC should have trouble generating stars:

• no 3-Quick Servants
  • low hit counts (probably 2) on Quick card compared to other possibilities
  • No passive or active stargen skills
  • low-stargen class: Berserker, Avenger, Archer, Rider
  • Not all of these have to apply if one or two do!

The recipient of a star weight CC should have opportunities to make use of stars:

• Independent (Action, Manifestation, Navigation) increases critical strength and magnifies the utility of stars
  • So do a few random passives like Oblivion Correction and Decline of Civilization.
  • Many active skills increase critical damage and thus make stars extra-useful.
  • Simply putting star weight on your Grailed, Fou’ed high-Attack Servant will magnify the effects of any stars they gain. Note that this applies to facecard damage, not to Servants whose damage depends on their NP!
  • If a Servant has a passive or active skill such as “Quick damage up,” the star weight CC should probably go on that type of card.

Hmm… Yeah, seems like a good set of general guidelines to keep in mind. Though, you should leave a warning not to see it as a checklist, but rather a list of things to take into consideration, as there are many possible corner cases. For example, you could put a stargen CE n Merlin’s 5-hit buster card, since it can be used to enable buster chains with your DPS, and extra stars beyond GoA are usually welcome. Only an example of interesting possibilities.

Isn’t it the opposite; the higher the hit count the higher the benefit of the increased stargen? Wouldn’t a +20% stargen generate on average 0.4 extra stars per use of a 2 hit card, vs an average of 1 extra star per use of a 5 hit card?

1 Like

So, based on what I saw on the forum prior, it seems like Star Drop Rate Up is best used on either Buster Cards or Arts.
For some servants that have a specific number of extra hit counts or NP hit counts, see my post here:

Explanation of how star drop rates work

Buster Cards have an innate (small) crit start drop rate depending on their position in the chain, so high hitcounts + a 30% star gen up can generate several stars.
The built-in buff for buster cards scales as follows:
10% 15% 20%

So if you have a servant with 6 hit counts on their buster cards you would get the following min/max (with no outside buffs:)
Min (buster card first in chain):
6 x (0.1 + 0.3) = 2.4 stars ~= 2 stars.
Max (buster card last in chain):
6 x (0.2 + 0.3) = 3 stars

You need to factor in the servants innate drop rate though:
So for example, Caster Gilgamesh would have the following:
6 x (0.1 + 0.3 + 0.1 built in) = 3 stars for free.
6 x (0.2 + 0.3 + 0.1 built in) = 3.6 stars ~= 3 stars for free
When attacking certain types of enemies some have built-in extra star drop rates, but enemy servants seem to have like zero extra drop buff when you attack them.
But with the CC +30% buff on CasGil his Buster generates at least 9 stars when you have his 100% star gen up.
6 * 1.50 = 9

Thus it helps to know which servants have high buster and/or arts hit counts:

Buster Servants 6 hit counts

These are the servants with 6 buster hit counts:
Kiyohime (Lancer)
Oda Nobunaga (Berserker)
Scathach
Gilgamesh (Caster)
EMIYA (Assassin)

Buster Servants 5 hit counts

These are the ones with 5 buster hit counts:
Tristan
Chacha
Frankenstein (Saber)
Ishtar (Rider)
BB (Summer)
Gilgamesh
Merlin
Archer of Shinjuku
Asvatthaman

Arts Servants 5 hit counts

These are the servants with at least 5 arts cards hit counts:
Abigail Williams
Ereshkigal
Katsushika Hokusai
Chloe von Einzbern
Marie Antoinette (Caster)
Nero Claudius (Caster)
Gorgon
Illyasviel von Einzbern
Helena Blavatsky (Archer)
Tamamo-no-Mae
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh (Caster)
Enkidu

Naturally, you will want to consider their innate star drop percentage, and what passive skills they have.
Some servants have passive star drop rate.

As for who should get that sweet sweet 100% star gather up:
Edit:
As @The_Cheeseman pointed out:

Musashi also has the option of turning her arts card into 6-hits at 0.87% via Fifth Force. Probably the best possible candidate for Armament of Victory.

Thus, Musashi is a great candidate for the star gather up. Aside from Musashi, I think Enkidu and Ereshkigal are the only 2 servants in NA atm that have NP gain > 0.5 and 5 hit counts on their arts. (if I’m not mistaken)
The next closest is Caster Umu with NP gain > 0.4 and 5 hit counts on their arts.
Actually, Fran (Saber) and Raikou (Lancer) both have 4 hit arts cards and NP gain > 0.7.

A lot of new servants have come out, look at the groups below to see how they compare.

Edit:
Wanted to include this as well:

Arts Servants 4 hit counts NP Gen > 0.5

The servants with at least 4 hit counts on their arts and NP gen >= 0.5
Ereshkigal (5 hit counts)
Enkidu (5 hit counts)

The rest have 4 hit counts:
Xiang Yu
Yu Mei-ren
Jeanne d’Arc (Berserker Alter)
Ushiwakamaru (Assassin)
Minamoto-no-Raikou (Lancer)
Asvatthaman
Sima Yi (Reines)
Fuuma Kotarou
Frankenstein (Saber)

Servants with >=4 arts hit counts and NP Gen >= 0.7

Frankenstein (Saber)
Minamoto-no-Raikou (Lancer)
Yu Mei-ren

Some relevant Quick servants:

Servants with >= 5 Quick hit counts, and NP Gen >= 0.5

First Hassan
Okita Souji (Alter)
Xiang Yu
Beni-Enma
Ozymandias
Okita Souji
Jack the Ripper
Nightingale

Servants with 4 quick hit counts, and NP gen >= 0.5

Achilles
Sigurd
Sakamoto Ryouma
Okada Izo
Ivan the Terrible
Scathach-Skadi
Avicebron
Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova
Jeanne d’Arc (Archer)
Ereshkigal
Quetzalcoatl (Samba/Santa)
Bradamante
Red Hare
Yu Mei-ren
Qin Liangyu
Ibaraki-Douji (Lancer)
Sitonai
Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (Saber)
Mysterious Heroine XX
Queen Medb (Saber)
BB (Summer)
Jeanne d’Arc (Berserker Alter)
Ushiwakamaru (Assassin)
Li Shuwen (Assassin)
Nitocris
Saint Martha (Ruler)
BB
Passionlip
Meltryllis
Caster of Midrash
Nezha
Mecha Eli-chan Mk.II
Mecha Eli-chan
Osakabehime
Elisabeth Bathory (Brave)
Tristan
Caster of the Nightless City
Arjuna (Alter)
Asclepius
Asvatthaman
Kama
Mysterious Heroine X
Enkidu
Yagyu Munenori
Cleopatra
Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Fuuma Kotarou
Altria Pendragon (Archer)
Katou Danzo
Tamamo-no-Mae (Lancer)
Cu Chulainn (Alter)
Edmond Dantes
Ryougi Shiki (Saber)
Ibaraki-Douji
Leonardo da Vinci
Shuten-Douji

Servants with >= 4 quick hit counts and NP gen >= 0.7

Okada Izo
Okita Souji (Alter)
Quetzalcoatl (Samba/Santa)
Bradamante
Yu Mei-ren
Qin Liangyu
Ibaraki-Douji (Lancer)
Sitonai
Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (Saber)
Queen Medb (Saber)
Li Shuwen (Assassin)
Saint Martha (Ruler)
Passionlip
Meltryllis
Caster of Midrash
Nezha
Mecha Eli-chan Mk.II
Mecha Eli-chan
Osakabehime
First Hassan
Arjuna (Alter)
Asclepius
Kama
Jack the Ripper
Okita Souji
Mysterious Heroine X
Yagyu Munenori
Cleopatra
Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Katou Danzo
Tamamo-no-Mae (Lancer)
Ryougi Shiki (Saber)
Ibaraki-Douji

These guys are probably already self sufficient to some degree idk:
(Arjuna later is basically in this group, he has 0.98% np gain and 4 hit quicks)

Servants with >= 4 quick hit count and NP Gen >= 1

First Hassan
Tamamo-no-Mae (Lancer)
Ibaraki-Douji (Lancer)
Okita Souji
Jack the Ripper
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Cleopatra
Ibaraki-Douji

Note: Make sure their kit and passive skills / active skills would synergise with those cards though.
These are just ideas of people to look into more, just based on hit counts and NP gain.

I gave CasGil’s buster the +30% and one of his arts a generic + 20% just so he can generate a few extra stars here and there when his 100% buff is on cooldown, or when you need/want to lead with his buster card.

Special Note: Arjuna Alter has 0.98% np gain per hit for all his cards.
This means he gains a decent chunk with his 2-hit arts card, and with his 4 hit quick.
Also he can gain some decent meter with his buster cards, which have 4 hits (only if you lead the chain with an arts card)
But I think he should get debuff CCs. (from what I’ve heard anyway)

8 Likes

For the stargen CC, it’s actually the opposite, you want to give it to servants with at least 4-hit quick cards, though I think it can work for high hit count Buster/Arts as well, since stars generated is partly based on hit counts as well.

Would love to put it on a servants that can make use of the stars produced like an Archer (Ishtar/Archuria) with crit up or independent action for better self-sufficiency.

5 Likes

Musashi also has the option of turning her arts card into 6-hits at 0.87% via Fifth Force. Probably the best possible candidate for Armament of Victory.

3 Likes

Ahh yes, I thought about Musashi but then forgot to mention her :fgo_seiba:
Thanks for pointing that out :fgo_umu:
Speaking of Musashi, I need to level mine’s skills :c
feels bad

1 Like

Both of you who mention that it should go on a card with a higher hit count make a good point. I was pursuing the line of thought that it should go to Servants who have trouble generating stars – but that particular trouble, low Quick hit count, actually militates against the utility of a stargen CC on that card. That’s an excellent point.

1 Like

Oh, I just assumed you meant that, if a servant has low hitcounts on their quicks, you could put the CC on one of their other cards with a better hitcount.

Ha ha. Well, spotting an oversight like that is what drafts and hashing-things-out threads are for! :^)

1 Like

I gave my Crest of Humanity to my Martha Ruler’s only quick card. I am almost always gonna use that card to get whatever little np gauge I can get anyway so might as well get some more stars out of it too. She makes it in Lexi’s list too. Any favorite servant of yours in a similar situation?

2 Likes

Done with Archuria with both quick cards and yes works quite well (testing everyday with current node farm).

1 Like

Nice! My main account doesn’t have Archuria but my Alt does and I was planning on using both CCs on her :slight_smile: It’s great to know it’s working out nicely!

1 Like

I threw mine on grailed saber Fran’s lone arts card. If I can get that single card to crit at the end of a chain with her +NP Gain buff up, she pretty much fills her gauge immediately. Fran deserves to NP as much as she wants, so why not?

5 Likes

I give that to non-Assassin classes who need high drops. There’s not much point in giving that to an Assassin class. My Crest of Humanity went to Valk.

I already screwed up, so I had 2 removers used. I put the Armament and First Servant on on Mash (high star would work wonders on her).

I decided I’ll wait for the Arts star gathering.

Giving Mash Command Codes isn’t at all advisable from a gameplay standpoint unless you frequently use her.

Even if you do use her more than once in a blue moon, we usually don’t want to prioritize her cards beyond maybe forming Arts chains, so on-hit effects don’t get to do much work.

2 Likes

I pretty much use her as a normal Servant

1 Like

Sometimes I use her in defense stall strategies, and she’s often on the backline in CQs to lower the party cost and/or defense buff the party and/or taunt an NP, so she gets plenty of use. There’s a reason she’s highly ranked among the 4 stars, she’s quite useful in Camelot form.