@af1899 pulls for Sara + appreciation thread

Updated: 3/18/2022, 12:37 a.m.

(Changelog)
  • Reworded or retouched portions of text.
  • Removed clutter from summoning marathon, and replaced with video.
  • Added a section of thoughts early on the thread, in which I share what I think of her nowadays in FEH.
  • Revamped showcase section and updated builds, removed flex build since it was deemed unnecesary and there’s not much to it.

Hey guys! This is a separate thread I had planned to make for my summoning quest for Sara back in her debut, as well as sharing appreciation and progress in FEH for my favorite Thracia girl!

If you’d like to read the review I did on her banner, here it is:

Her theme

Did you know Sara has her own scene theme in FE5? If not feel free to listen to it here, I felt this should go first because you can scroll down while listening to it if you like.

LINKS
Open in a new tab

Attachment to her

Now, I’ll talk about the unit I’ve been looking forward to see in FEH the most:

As you may or may not know, I really admire Sara, she’s that one character I’ve been waiting to see in FEH and now here she is! So here’s some appreciation talk:

Why I'm so attached to Sara?

It all started with my first runs on the Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 game, I don’t exactly remember when I first played, but it was probably early in 2015 as I was getting deeper into the series, that’s when I found out about Sara…
These past years, I’ve been always the type of guy that’d train someone if they just seemed likeable enough, without critical thought about character intricacies and features, I was more frivolous and valorized viability more…
Now, later in 2019 and 2020, it’s when things started to change with GP being a great influence, and therefore I would appreciate characters in more than one way, this definitely applies to Sara, who I adore so much ajshdfjvfh.

But Sara is truly adorable, she’s like an angel, dressed in light colored clothes and having a great physical quality: long, light purple hair… believe it or not, that draws my interest into someone because most of the time, the character ends up being my liking, it’s my favourite color and I feel it’s a lucky one.
She’s soft-spoken, serene and mysterious, a wandering girl that takes instructions from no one and answered Leif’s call echoing in her mind… being gifted with the power to read minds and hearts alike, she got a lot of my attention, and I really like characters with a mysterious yet gentle aura like her.
FEH made her even better… I’ve read all her quotes, listened to her voice, admiring her artwork and the interactions in the [Forging Bonds] event, eponymously named after her debut banner, her S rank dialogue was a sweet surprise as she interacts with Eir to know what are the voices inside… Eir is unable to get rid of those negative voices inside her, but there’s a light of hope driving her forward… why I feel “Alpha” from Minecraft is a great music to read this?
:sob:

Reaction to the announcement, explained.

Prior to the banner, I was playing on my Minecraft: Java Edition world and thinking about what could I do… time passed quickly but I was still nervous and unable to take off my mind from that trailer that was going to be announced.
11:55 p.m., I save my progress, close the game, open GamePress on Pale Moon, YouTube in Microsoft Edge because it lets me watch in 1080p and Twitter on Opera for Android… I went to the game’s Twitter profile, refreshed the page soon as it was midnight for me and find that “Heroes from the Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 game” will be released… heavily concerned, I skip to where the portraits of the four Heroes appear at first and…

Damn, I wanted to jump in excitement and scream as if my favourite soccer team scored a goal in a very important match versus their traditional rival… but Sara was there, brightly smiling and so sweet looking, I could only smile in excitement and enter a hype state, agitated but really happy about her release, and the artwork by Sachie which was my hope for her was made a thing and it added to the hype.
Of course, I’m content with the rest of the banner, though kinda bummed Linoan didn’t make it in the game yet but that’s still okay, and Miranda looks like a likely project for me…

What I think of her in FEH - Mar/2022 edition

Honestly a solid unit, not really broken and flexible to build, her statline and good PRF being the selling points.

I’m really happy with her class and specially the references (developed on my review linked previously), it makes sense she’s a healer since that’s her biggest mastery in her home game with a B rank on them, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the [Return+] on her which is an unused staff.

Also the art is super lovely and I knew Sachie would nail it creating something new in #fire-emblem-heroes, still being highly faithful to the original design while proposing new details that match her nicely.
I figured they'd be a great artist to draw her since they did two pieces of artwork for Sara on the Fire Emblem Cipher (can be viewed here) and there was a pattern (kinda) regarding who they pick to draw, like... Julia and Sara for instance sorta share traits both in looks and personality, having this rather "angelical" aura about them and gentle/sweet personalities (their work in FEH can be seen here).

And also... (A little of proof I've been waiting for her... quite a long journey)

:fgo_rinlaugh:

Pieces of #art

Here’s some fan #art I found both before her debut and after it, as well as her official #art:

:arrow_up: Drawn by: ゆきあ (Pixiv)

:arrow_up: Drawn by: @sachie6005 (Twitter, same artist that did her FEH artwork)

:arrow_up: Drawn by: ベタス (Pixiv)

:arrow_up: Drawn by: @zunbayasi (Twitter)

:arrow_up: Official artwork for FE5

The pulls

I’ve decided to remove the clutter that was around here, the video should be better to look at:

(Link if the embedded video doesn’t appear)

Mini showcase

I’ll show the build I use in my main account, as well as that of my alt right below, feel free to read the commentary if you like, otherwise the builds only are on the second block:

(Builds with commentary)

Here’s her current build:

Although sadly I don’t use her much lately because her build is incomplete and I tend to prefer grinding [HM] when possible, she’s a unit I know I can rely on to, being a great glass cannon with good support capabilities and able to remove [Isolation], as well as crazy good RES to boot in support builds. Eventually I want to achieve the build I have on my alt, this:

It’s great, she doesn’t need to face physical units that can counter her if she can’t kill them in one shot and that’s why [Lull Spd/Res 3] is there, but the build is pretty helpful and makes use of all her key stats and support capabilities, being able to yield a +6 field boost to all of an ally’s stats (or more allies if they also have the lowest current HP on the team) because [Earthwater Balm+] gives the boosts to DEF and RES to complete the spectrum, and [Time’s Pulse 3] comes in handy since [Return+] stops specials from charging no matter what you do, but it’s convenient {Balms} have a cooldown of 1, and this C-skill will guarantee the special works at the start of every turn, which is needed once anyway.
[Return+] is wonderful, not only is a reference to the unused staff in #thracia-776 but it’s also helpful to heal and [Reposition] an ally.
I love [Mystic Boost 3] the most on units with statlines like Sara, since dragons will continue to target their absurdly high RES, [Wrathful Staff] from her enemies is negated and it patches the backfire damage from [Atk/Spd Push 4], letting her recover 1 HP after each battle.

If you like Sara and want to make of her a project, go for this build! It’s possibly the best for her, or one of the best, it has pretty good synergy with her kit and stats.

(Only builds)

Main account (WIP):

Alt account (dream to be done on my main):

The End

Thanks so much for reading through this thread, I appreciate you took the time to read thru it and I hope you’ve enjoyed it.

While my summoning for her on debut didn’t go so well, I was still overjoyed with just having her, she’s just too lovable. :fgo_ereshlove:

52 Likes
Mentions (2/2) - Please check OP!

@Aeming
@Agayracer
@Edward_Vyse
@GetKosiorekt
@Heryna88
@Master_Squalala
@Skworter
@SothisPocus
@Tohlward

17 Likes

I wish I got a sara while pulling, trust me I pulled colorless each time they weren’t any blue orbs and that happened a lot.

8 Likes

Big F.

I hope you get her soon enough, she’s great.
:fgo_ereshwoah:

7 Likes

Still feel pretty great to get Thracia content, I almost feel like playing the game again.
I remember hoping that Sara had an epic prf.

10 Likes

Congratulations on finally getting Sara! I hope you have better luck getting more copies before the banner ends. Which IV are you hoping for?

7 Likes

Spent a ton of orbs and only got pitybreakers and the Spark of Sara Squad rise up! ;_:

Oh my god you even got hit by Larum and Nina too, what is this banner’s problem?

So sorry to hear the overall session didn’t go so well. Fortunately the banner’s up for a while, and there are a lot of free orbs we should be able to collect yet, so hopefully later pulls turn your luck around. Godspeed, friend.

9 Likes

Sorry pulls weren’t great but glad you got the spark!

Yeah, Larum is the only one in her game which is why I haven’t foddered her B skill… yet.

5 Likes

Thanks! For now I’ll aim for a +1 but maybe I’ll go and get more. As for the IV, +attack feels great, I usually like working around super assets but +spd is a tempting pick too…
But I’m leaning towards that extra of attack since her healing skills are great with that high base and more doesn’t hurt.

(Here's a comparison done on the builder)

TF2_F

Really though, this banner has been a letdown in terms of summons but I’m happy the spark system was of help for us to get Sara. I wish you all the same and that we can +10 Sara soon enough. :feh_excidunn:

Thinking about submitting an emoji based on her. :fgo_mordredthink:

11 Likes

Man, 54 atk before merges, dfs, and neutral. Not counting the push

Fully merged with an atk boon would be NASTY

11 Likes

45 base speed is a beautiful thing to see. I’ve honestly been tempted too. 63 is an amazing attack stat, but 59’s pretty solid too and I don’t know if she needs the extra attack? Honestly, with how the summoning went, she might be a Legendary Julia scenario, where I just cannot draw what’s considered their optimal boon, and go with whatever I get and find out it’s still great.

At least we know which banner we’ll be voting to get a rerun as soon as it’s available. Gonna need that second spark at this rate.

7 Likes

Hey look, it’s me :fgo_ereshwoah:

Anyway, it really sucks that you got so many pity breakers and only the one Sara, I know how much you were looking forward to her. Major F for that :feh_elisad:

She looks great right now tho, and thank God for the spark system. Hopefully when you finally break pity you get multiple Sara’s in the circle

8 Likes

Very impressive! Honestly, I think it’s nice to see people so attached to characters from video games. One of many ways to show how much they love and appreciate the game. And, Sara is definitely one of the most powerful staff users in the game with that Spd of hers.

8 Likes

Nice pulls but sad for Sara :feh_ikecry:

If I could, I’d take that Ellie and summon a Sara to compensate

At least you got one though. You’ll get more of her though so don’t give up :fgo_ereshlove:

6 Likes

I would give her to you if I could, anything for best FE5 girl.
:feh_ikecry::feh_orb::x:

Also, thanks everyone! Even if it wasn’t a great summoning session, I’m enjoying Sara and I’ll be looking forward to showcase a +10 one someday with all manners of skills inherited.
:fgo_davinci:

8 Likes

I look forward to it :feh_hridexcited:

7 Likes

Linoan hype :feh_catria:

but rip on the summoning :fgo_meltpensive:

12 Likes

Good future luck.

I share your pain, having also summoned a helbindi I really don’t want.

7 Likes

Many thanks everyone! Honestly, I’ve missed getting this badge, it feels like I’ve contributed to something people really enjoyed despite the adversities, I did too, writing this post was a pleasure and best FE5 girl deserves it. :fgo_ereshlove:
After the emotional hit this banner landed on me, I’ve slowly started to recover and now I feel fired up, ready to finish up my review.

I want to share my Sara in FE5 but I lost my old files and I’m making a completionist run, currently I’m at chapter 5 and resuming the plot however I can for my understanding, I can share the PDF once it’s done, however.

Also:

Day 1. :blush:

14 Likes

Thank God for the spark system but man you deserve more Sara. Especially with this huge appreciation you have for her and the one year wait you did.

At least you got her and are happy with her! So congratulations to you! I hope more copies of Sara are fated for you in the future! FEH did a good job translating her in voice and combat. A lovely unit with a solid and unique prf is great for any 5 star and Sara got well treated.

I’d spark for her but I have a lot of priorities for my current units but maybe she’ll come to me during a free summon someday? I can only hope she hears my inner voice for her.

Why is Nina still in the regular pool IS? That one hurts me seeing that. Should’ve been Sara

11 Likes