@af1899 reviews [Book V Begins: Reginn and more] --- New Heroes of Dec/2020! ⚙

Hello everyone, recently, heroes from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, along with a new Mythic Hero, made it into the game and I’ll review them as usual.
Let’s get straight into it!

[Book V Begins: Reginn and More]

LINKS
Open in a new tab
Japanese version
View [Tips & Tricks] video
Listen to the background music

Everyone’s stats

LINKS
Source
Enlarge
Datamine

New Heroes

Selena

EPITHET Fluorspar
DESCRIPTION «Commoner from out of a desolate village who used her magic ability to become the Fluorspar of the Imperial Three.»
ORIGIN GAME Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
WEAPON TYPE Tome (Blue)
MOVEMENT TYPE Cavalry
INFORMATION PAGES FANDOM | FE Wiki | FEH info | GamePress page | Gamepedia article
PREV. RELEASES 1 (Summer)

Bio

:briefcase: Written by an anonymous reader.

Skillset

feh_review_skill.1_weapon
☆[Tome of Storms]: :lock: Pref. | :crossed_swords: Might = 14 | :sparkles: Base stat boost: Speed +3
If she enters a combat, regardless of who initiated it (her or foe) with the foe having ¾ or more of their HP, Selena will get an in-combat boost of attack and speed +5, plus [Null Follow-Up 3].
[Null Follow-Up 3] is an infantry-only skill that allows a unit to deny forced follow-up attacks from the enemy, as well as deny anything that prevents the user from making a follow-up attack.

feh_review_skill.2_assist
[Rally Atk/Res+]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: Staff users | :stars: Type: booster | :rewind: 2 | :crown: High cost
Making it onto the regular pool… at last, this skill grants a visible boost to the targeted ally’s attack and resistance by +6 for one turn.

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
[Life and Death 4]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 2 | :crown: High cost | :arrows_counterclockwise: Alters various base stats
It adds 7 points to the base value of her attack and speed, but, at the same time, reduces the base value for defence and resistance by -5.

feh_review_skill.b_pasv
☆[Atk/Res Ruse 3]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 0

Stats & Gameplay

Selena makes it in the game as an OG version, she’s a mounted glass cannon with conditional [Null Follow-Up 3], perfect for offensive builds, her bulk is hardly salvageable, but not worth investing into Imo.
Personally, I think more attack is great on her, specially if making her part of a cavalry team with access to [Goad Cavalry] and/or as she’s merged; speed would be my second, but close to first, pick, still great on her.
A bane in her two key stats would be hurtful, but it won’t be the end of the world, she still stacks attack and speed quite well, and team support is a thing.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-01-01-735
:arrow_double_up: Att, Spd | :arrow_double_down: HP, Def

The closest comparison point I could find on her class is Groom Pent, the Count Reglay of Etruria… naturally, outperformed, he’ll be only worth the investment if you really like him, but ultimately, not only Selena is better all-around, she’s easier to get.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-01-15-879
:arrow_double_up: HP | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2019-05-21T03:00:00Z

Inheritance recommendations

OPTIMAL FOR [ARENA] [Rally Atk/Res+] + [Life and Death 4]

Those two skills provide your unit a boost to your scoring potential in [Arena] and it’s rather easy to pick who receives this combo as you’d like it on a high BST unit that’s part of your [Arena] core, staff users aren’t known to score that high anyway.
For this combo, all you need is a Sothe at 4★.

RECOMMENDED [Rally Atk/Res+] + ☆[Atk/Res Ruse 3]

This combo allows you to boost an ally that uses those stats and debuff a foe at the same time, best used on a team with a lot of magical units.
This combo is a little more expensive and less recommendable, but still good. It requires you get either Lute or Summer Elise, the latter of which has more valuable fodder for collectors.

NOT RECOMMENDED One skill

Just one? No, unless we’re talking about a recipient that already possesses a {rally+} for ☆[Atk/Res Ruse 3] or is in dire need for [Life and Death 4], then again, the other two sources of said skill offer good skills to fodder along.
Out of all those choices, the least useful one is ☆[Atk/Res Ruse 3].

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Her artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Duessel

EPITHET Obsidian
DESCRIPTION «One of Grado's oldest generals, he is known as the Obsidian, one of the Imperial Three.»
WEAPON TYPE Lance
MOVEMENT TYPE Cavalry
INFORMATION PAGES FANDOM | FE Wiki | FEH info | GamePress page | Gamepedia article
PREV. RELEASES 0 (This is his debut)

Bio

Skillset

☆[Obsidian Lance]: :lock: Pref. | :crossed_swords: Might = 16 | :sparkles: Base stat boost: Defence +3
It grants him a boost to his base defence of +3.
In addition to that, if there are no allies next to him (i.e.: adjacent), he’ll get the opportunity to make a guaranteed follow-up attack and inflict attack and defense -6 during the battle.

feh_review_skill.3_special
[Bonfire]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 27 | :feh_special: Cooldown = 3
Upon activation, next strike will count 50% of the total defence stat and accrue it to the damage power.

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
☆[Def/Res Solo 4]: :feh_inherit: All | :rewind: 0 | :crown: High cost
It grants defense and resistance +7 during any battle he’s NOT adjacent to an ally.

feh_review_skill.b_pasv
[Lull Atk/Def 3]: :feh_inherit: Inf./Cav. only | :rewind: 4
During any battle he participates, his foe’s attack and defence will decrease by 3 points, on top of that, any visible boost the foe has on said stats will be neutralized (i.e.: considered 0).

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
[Rouse Def/Res 3]: :feh_inherit: Inf./Cav. only | :rewind: 2
It grants him a boost of defence and resistance +6 at the start of all the turns he begins without any allies next to him.

BEST IMO ☆[Def/Res Solo 4] + either [Lull Atk/Def 3] or [Def/Res Rouse 3]

[Def/Res Rouse 3] is rare and somewhat useful for mixed tanks, but [Lull Atk/Def 3] provides slightly extra bulkiness and damage output, making it more useful overall.
However, to extract those skills, you need to summon Duma, who’s a Mythic Hero. He’s going to return in the Legendary Hero banner this month.

RECOMMENDED One skill of: [Lull Atk/Def 3] or [Def/Res Rouse 3]

I can’t blame you if you go this route, after all, chances are you’ll only need one of the skills which is enough, plus, Duessel is one of those guys that’s hard to fodder optimally, like Perceval.
My recommendation here is [Lull Atk/Def 3].

NOT RECOMMENDED [Def/Res Solo 4]

Out of all the skills, this one is the least recommended, quite useful for mixed tanks but with limited optimal eligiblity.

Stats & Gameplay

Slow but sturdy, the Obsidian from the Imperial Three of Grado plays out at his best alone, this means, without allies sticking close to him, making of him an excellent [Galeforce] user, he specializes at tanking physical hits, but he’s still quite great at taking magic ones, except from several green mages such as Rhajat or Nino.
He can also make good use of [Distant Counter] and the [Atk/Def Solo 3] seal.
As for his IVs, attack is his clear best with defence being a close second to capitalize on his high defence, but I feel +resistance could be worth looking for too… a bane on that stat will be fine too, generally, he’ll be best facing physical foes.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-02-35-465
:arrow_double_up: Att, Def | :arrow_double_down: HP, Spd

Fallen Berkut plays out quite differently but offers a good comparison point, his [Kriemhild] hurts the nearest ally/allies and gives him [Distant Counter] if the requirements are met, however, to double, he’ll need [Quick Riposte 3] for the enemy phase… to make up for the lack of guaranteed follow-ups, he gets to deny those of the foe, unless they have [Null Follow-Up 3] or a form of that skill.
I’ve seen OG Berkut might be better for comparison, and I see that yeah, however, I’ve felt like his Fallen version could compare ideally for the stats.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-05-17-395
:arrow_double_up: Att | :arrow_double_down: HP, Spd, Res | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2019-05-09T03:00:00Z

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

His artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

⤨Natasha

EPITHET Sacred Healer
DESCRIPTION «A gentle cleric from Grado, and a woman of beauty and grace.»
WEAPON TYPE Staff
MOVEMENT TYPE Infantry
PREV. RELEASES 0 (This is her debut)

Bio

Skillset

[Absorb+]: :feh_inherit: Staff users only | :crossed_swords: Might = 7 | :rewind: 3
It lets her restore HP equal to half the damage dealt on a strike, and, after the battle, the allies within a 2-square radius area of her will recover 7HP.

feh_review_skill.2_assist
[Martyr+]: :feh_inherit: Staff users only | :test_tube: Type: healing | :rewind: 8
First, the unit you use it on will recover HP based on this formula:
EXCEL,Microsoft_Excel_-_feh_nh_12-2020.xlsx_2020-12-13_02-22-37-172
Simultaneously, she’ll recover:
EXCEL,Microsoft_Excel_-_feh_nh_12-2020.xlsx_2020-12-13_02-23-01-655

:bulb: Reminder: healing assists always use visible attack for HP recovery calculation.

[Heavenly Light]: :feh_inherit: Staff users only | :rewind: 11 | :feh_special: Cooldown = 2
When using a healing type assist and this skill is ready, recovers 10HP to all allies but the target and the skill holder.

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
[HP/Res 2]: :feh_inherit: All | :rewind: 2 | :star: Available at 4★
Boosts base HP and resistance by 4 and 2 points respectively.

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
[Close Guard 3]: :feh_inherit: All | :rewind: 6 | :star: Available at 5★
Allies within a 2-square radius area get a defence a resistance boost of +4 during any battle they engage against a foe that employs a melee weapon such as a sword or a dragonstone.

Stats & Gameplay

The gentle and graceful [Cleric] from Grado makes it onto FEH as an infantry healer possessing high attack and resistance, plus decent speed and okay physical bulk of 61.
I feel more attack is ideal for her to improve her healing capabilities but speed is quite workable, with enough investment, it can service her well as a way to deny non-guaranteed follow-up attacks, in that case, [Lull Atk/Spd 3] can turn out to be amazing, she’s pretty flexible to build.
The most ideal bane would be defence, but speed and HP are fine too.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-06-13-186
:no_entry: No super stats

I chose Emmeryn for the comparison and is a healer I’ve been working on but won’t give up at all.
The subtle powercreep is not much of a significant blow as you’d think, but it kinda hurts… still, I think she’s worth looking onto, at least she has high HP.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-06-46-642
:arrow_double_down: Res | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2010-01-01T02:00:00Z | :notebook: Was reviewed

She’s hardly recommended to be foddered due to scarceness of useful skills, but if you really insist…

RECOMMENDED [Martyr+] + [Close Guard 3]

[Absorb+] is quite useful yeah, but not a staff you usually use in any kind of healer, it should preferably be a tanky one like Silque and have some investment on their attack stat.
But seeing [Close Guard 3] is a rare skill that just made it onto the regular pool, might as well promote her to fodder her healing assist too, you’ll need to think of a candidate that DOESN’T come with [Martyr] and fodder that from a 4★ staff user that has it to your recipient.

NOT RECOMMENDED Anything else or one of the skills

If she came to you as a 4★, promoting her purely for foddering ONE skill is advised against, specially since you don’t miss on much.

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Her artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Knoll

EPITHET Darkness Watcher
DESCRIPTION «Royal mage of Grado and researcher of dark magic. He knows the secret of Prince Lyon's change and the Dark Stone's creation.»
WEAPON TYPE Tome (Red)
MOVEMENT TYPE Infantry
MEDIA INFO たかや友英
David Matranga

Bio

Skillset

[Rauðrfox+]: :feh_inherit: Tome (Red) users only | :crossed_swords: Might = 12 | :rewind: 1
Whenever he starts a battle, his target foe’s stats will be reduced by -4 during the match.

[Luna]: :feh_inherit: | :rewind: 34 | :feh_special: Cooldown = 3
User’s next strike will ignore half of the target’s total of resistance.

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
[Mirror Strike 2]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 7 | :star: Available at 5★
Grants attack and resistance +4 during battles initiated by its user.

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
[Spd Ploy 3]: :feh_inherit: | :rewind: 2 | :star: Available at 4★

Stats & Gameplay

One of Grado’s [Shamans], he has high attack and resistance, useful to set the staple for a magic wall set, his speed is okay but will require some investment to be of use… it’s also in a state where it’s safe to dump as well, personally, I think I’d dump it, but because I’m already building Lilina around speed and I prefer to variate with builds, if possible.
It’s also hard to go wrong with him, but a bane in defence is most desirable, followed by speed.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-07-30-561
:no_entry: No super stats

Ewan striked me as a good comparison point, the closest I could think of from the same class as Knoll.
Personally, I like more the distribution on his statline and it can be used slightly better for a tank role, plus, three superboons back him up.
Also, it’s worth noting there haven’t been many red mages recently, and the addition of Knoll didn’t set a new standard.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-08-21-397
:arrow_double_up: Att, Def, Res | :arrow_double_down: HP | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2019-11-06T03:00:00Z | :notebook: Was reviewed

6 Likes

RECOMMENDED [Mirror Strike 2] + [Rauðrfox+]

Those two skills require him to be promoted, however, this gives you the ability to get his Lv.40 confession and an easier time to fullfill his [Heroic Ordeal].
[Warding Blow 1] OR [Death Blow 1] are the only requirements here, either suffices and both are easy to get.

NOT RECOMMENDED Only one skill

[Spd Ploy 3] is his only recommendable skill to be extracted at 4★, the rest aren’t really worth it as you have other easy to get sources… unless you’re really desperate for [Luna], which is rare to occur.

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

His artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

❃Reginn

EPITHET Bearing Hope
DESCRIPTION «Stepsister of Niðavellir's king, Fáfnir. Chooses to work together with Askr to stop her suddenly changing brother.»
ORIGIN GAME Fire Emblem Heroes
WEAPON TYPE Sword
MOVEMENT TYPE Cavalry
MYTHIC HERO DATA Astra.

HP+5, Att+3. During Astra season, if she's placed on your [AR-O] team, gives an extra slot to place up to 6 allies with Reginn included.
PREV. RELEASES 0 (This is her debut)
NOTES
  • An [Astra Blessing] along with this unit will awarded for free with neutral IV set to the player upon clearing B5C1P5 on Normal difficulty.
  • This unit will also be summonable near the end of the month with Plumeria and a third red unit on the coming Legendary Hero banner, scheduled for «Dec. 25th, 2020».

Bio

:briefcase: Written by: @NickofTime80

Skillset

☆[Lyngheiðr]: :lock: Pref. | :crossed_swords: Might = 16 | :sparkles: Base stat boost: Speed +3
It confers her a base speed boost of 3 points and [Canto (3)] from the start of turn 1 to the end of turn 4 in her phase, and gives her a boost of attack and speed +6 during battles initiated by her, plus damage reduction of 30% from foe’s first strike.

☆[Seiðr Shell]: :lock: Pref. | :feh_special: Cooldown = 3
This skill starts ready for use on first turn on each map.
It gives her next strike a damage boost of 15 and the ability to target the lowest total value of the enemy’s defence or resistance, the latter effect can be negated by [Mystic Boost 3] and similar skills such as [Aureola] from Guinivere.

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
[Swift Sparrow 3]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 9 | :crown: High cost
To capitalize on her player phase potential, her attack and speed increase by 6 and 7 respectively during match-ups she starts.

feh_review_skill.b_pasv
[Lull Spd/Def 3]: :feh_inherit: For: Inf./Cav. | :rewind: 5
During any battle she participates, her foe’s speed and defence will decrease by 3 points, on top of that, any visible boost the target has on said stats will be neutralized (i.e.: considered 0).

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
[Panic Smoke 3]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 3
This skill acts as [Panic+] — it lets her inflict the [Panic] status on the target and foes within a 2-square radius of the targetted foe.
[Panic] status transforms the affected units’s visible boosts into penalties.

Stats & Gameplay

Man… after trying her for a while, I can tell she’s a deadly unit on the player phase, right and left, strong offenses and middling bulk but workable as she’s merged up, but ☆[Lyngheiðr] specially, is her selling point, offering a form of [Canto] which allows her to move to any area within a 3-square radius she can traverse after attacking, very useful for hit-and-run tactics and helps reducing the need to bait foes… it does work for the first four turns though, but usually, a match doesn’t last longer than that, it depends of the map layout though.
She’ll be a great presence with a lovely personality in Astra seasons of [AR-O], allowing you to bring 6 units during said season.
I feel attack is her best boon, even if unmerged, she stacks a lot of speed already and has access to boosts from fellow {cavalry} mates, but speed is also excellent, it’s a superboon and is ideal for [Galeforce] (which does work with [Canto]), a bane in HP or either defensive stat is good, but in order of preference: RES > DEF > HP.
A bane in attack or speed would be nasty, but she’ll still hit hard and double many enemies, you even get a free copy with neutral IVs, which you can use to patch her bane right away if it’s called to.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-03-56-112
:arrow_double_up: Spd, Res | :arrow_double_down: HP, Def

Legendary Eirika strikes me as the comparison point… this is rough, but fortunately, she still stands out pretty well if invested, on top of that, [Flashing Blade] seal would be perfect for Reginn but both her and Eirika can’t use it because they’re cavalry units… but that’s where one of Eirika’s advantages come from (true, you have [Heavy Blade] seal but with her PRF and inferior attack, it’s less reliable, plus, changes are you might like to keep it where it is) as she gets free cooldown charges for fighting with same/more enemies than allies near her, and the passive attack boost makes up for the lower attack stat.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-04-36-621
:arrow_double_up: Def | :arrow_double_down: HP | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2018-10-31T03:00:00Z | Legendary_Effect_Water Lgn. Hero: Water, HP+4, Att+2

:warning: Be careful!: she’s a Mythic Hero that’s given for free to everyone without expiration date to redeem, HOWEVER, once you get rid of her, you’ll lock yourself out of any quests that require you to field her until at least a second copy is summoned, such as the [Book V] celebration ones and any future quests that may appear.
:warning: Furthermore: PhoenixMaster1 has stated he’ll use her for F2P guides, so, if you use those (even if rarely) you might struggle to clear newer content.
Considering those two things, always keep a copy of her with you, you’ll never know when they’ll be a must-have.

BEST IMO [Swift Sparrow 3] and [Lull Spd/Def 3].

Imo, I think her A+B-skills are her best combos because they can turn a player phase physical combatant into a force to be reckoned, I was thinking that Clarisse is a solid candidate as her refine lets her safely use those skills and maximize her damage output.
But anyway, back onto business — to get this combo, all you need is a [Swift Sparrow 2] source like B!Lyn or a fully promoted Naesala.

RECOMMENDED [Swift Sparrow 3] + [Panic Smoke 3].

[Panic Smoke 3] is a good skill to have but not that necessary to use, I don’t highly encourage this combo but I can’t say it’s a bad idea either.
You still need [Swift Sparrow 2] from another source.

NOT RECOMMENDED One of the skills.

Taking one skill is alright but mostly a waste, but if you want to read my recommendation: [Lull Spd/Def 3].
It’s not an easy skill to come by and it’s proven to be really useful.

Aesthetics reference

Her artwork
Normal + combat

Expressions

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

⊕Caellach

EPITHET Tiger Eye
DESCRIPTION «The Tiger Eye of Grado's six generals. Rose from mercenary life doing whatever it takes to achieve his goals.»
WEAPON TYPE Axe
MOVEMENT TYPE Infantry
[GHB] DURATION Dec. 9st, 2020 — 4 a.m. ▸ Dec. 19st, 2020 — 3:59 a.m.

Timezone: GMT-3 or America/Montevideo.
MEDIA INFO Yoneko.
Mike McFarland.

Bio

Skillset

☆[Reprisal Axe+]: :feh_inherit: Axe units only | :crossed_swords: Might = 14 | :rewind: 0
It solely grants [Fierce Stance 3], meaning that his attack is boosted by +6 during battles initiates by his foes on him.

[Dragon Fang]: :feh_inherit: | :rewind: 20 | :feh_special: Cooldown = 4
Next strike’s damage power will increase by the unit’s half the attack stat (total = including any form of stat boost taking place).

feh_review_skill.b_pasv
[Guard 3]: :feh_inherit: All | :rewind: 10 | :star: Available at 5★
If he enters in a combat with his HP above/equal 80% of the maximum, all attacks from both parties will inflict a special cooldown charge delay of -1.

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
[Even Def Wave 3]: :feh_inherit: | :rewind: 4 | :star: Available at 4★
At the start of even-numbered turns (2, 4, 6, 8, …) he and any allies next to him get a visible stat boost of defence +6, allies aren’t required to start next to him for him to benefit from the skill.

Stats & Gameplay

Caellach is your [Grand Hero Battle] unit of the month, yet another infantry axe unit but with an awesome statline to work with.
If you know me, you’d remember I tend to pick super assets on middling stats as they can actually end up favoring the unit quite well… in this case, I’d say +spd, he can’t reliably run a {damage mitigation} skill most of the time but he can still run [Lull Atk/Spd 3], +attack would be more optimal though, his speed is on a state where it’s safe to dump in favor of improving his strengths: high raw attack with a superboon and respectable mixed bulk, plus, his HP is rather high, 4 points lower than Bartre but still great to run HP-based skills like [Infantry Pulse 3] and [Sudden Panic 3].
All in all, he’s a pretty flexible unit worth looking into as a project.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-10_19-09-24-145
:arrow_double_up: Att, Spd | :feh_traitfruit: IVs can be changed with [Trait Fruits]

At first, I was gonna compare him against Itsuki but then, I remembered Mustafa, because I realized… the two of them have speed super assets, and they’re from the same class so…

Mustafa… well, he has 4 points less of BST than Caellach, however, he’s still great, and easier to obtain, thus merge.
He possesses higher defence and equal HP but in the rest, he’s beaten all-around… just by a small margin though, and an extra super asset.
palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-12-16_06-03-26-460
:arrow_double_up: Spd | :arrow_double_down: Res | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2019-06-05T03:00:00Z | :notebook: Was reviewed

It’s mildly infuriating that [Guard 3] continues to be a mostly 5★ only skill, “we’re closing 2021, come on @Intelligent_Systems”.
But fortunately, we can still make efficient use of his fodder:

RECOMMENDED “I’ll take your entire stock… or most of it.” :fgo_rinlaugh:

Basically… take all of his skills but [Dragon Fang], it’s possible so… let’s get right onto it!

1. Ensure you possess the following resources:
  2. Extract [Guard 2] from Titania or Leon, the latter is recommended as you can add [Ignis].
  3. Extract [Even Def Wave 2] and [Reposition] from Silas.
  4. Extract ☆[Reprisal Axe+], [Guard 3] and [Even Def Wave 3] from your 5★ Caellach.
NOT RECOMMENDED One or two skills

Kind of a waste Imo, but not entirely a bad choice, if anything, I recommend [Even Def Wave 3] or better, ☆[Reprisal Axe+] (currently unique) for collection purposes… but if you want his weapon, why not add the other two skills?

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

His artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Progress on the story

(Click/tap on a part number to check its article on Gamepedia)
NEW CHAPTERS
Book V  →  1  → 1  2  3  4  5 
Book V  →  2  → 1  2  3  4  5 

For now, there’s not much known of the new characters so far asides Reginn, but [Book V] starts with our Heroes trying to repel a sudden invasion from the forces of Niðavellir, a realm with advanced technology and mechanical armor.
It starts with a girl in horse-like “Magitek” armor, she’s called Reginn and is the princess of Niðavellir, on her second assault near the end of the first chapter, she shows hesitation to fight Askr and seeks help to rescue her once kind brother Fáfnir… said figurately because he’s actually possessed, she joins forces with them and tells them that Eitri, a sage, might know how to deal with that, on chapter 2, with the help of Reginn’s indications, they march towards Eitri’s place and face Ótr on the way, he’s shocked but also laughs at the fact Reginn joined the Order of Heroes, and so, they engage on a fight, which results in his defeat.

Ótr

:warning: About his statline: Notice that the statline was extracted from his appearance on the mentioned map, stat order for merging is unknown without information about his statline at level 1, however, his final statline as a playable (once added in a future) should look like this.

Ótr is Fáfnir’s and Reginn’s middle brother, he highly esteems his big brother and supports him.

His artwork
Normal + combat

Expressions

Fáfnir

He is the big brother of the family and the king of Niðavellir, once kind, he was suddenly possessed and now seeks to conquer other lands.
He adopted both Reginn and Ótr back when they were children, they were abandoned back then.

Expressions artwork

Banner

:clock930: Duration: 2020-12-08T07:00:00Z2020-12-25T06:59:59Z

GENDER RATIO 2(+1) 3

Overview

Have I probably played too much Minecraft that I think of this whenever I see Duessel’s title?
Obsidian_JE3_BE2
In case you don’t know, this is a block of [Obsidian], a not-so-common but quite useful mineral with high hardness and blast resistance in the game… I guess it’ll come up to my mind whenever I read the term…

Alright… back onto what matters:
I think this banner is great, FE8 has gotten some well deserved representation after a long while as more beloved characters make it into the game… however, regardless of whether or not they’ll fix this, and regardless of its triviality, I’ll always feel bothered by banner titles like…

<insert a new OC name, most likely a waifu> and more

The “and more” part is the worst, because it’s part of a scummy tactic to advertise the new OC and, at the same time, not equally treating the rest of the characters.
…But that’s me, I know they’ll very likely continue using such uncreative titles and that it’s a trivial issue, still, I felt I needed to dedicate some space on the opinions for this.

Still, I like this batch a lot, and Reginn as well, but moreso for her personality.
The character pick is excellent and I’m excited to work on Natasha… yes, even if I have a super invested Emmeryn. :crazy_face: I’ll be patient with the merges though, just get them on future banners whenever I pull colorless.
And the [Grand Hero Battle] unit pick looks good too, but I think we have enough axe infantry users for a while (also, I’m not fan of Caellach), if anything, I don’t take it kindly when they keep spamming a specific class in the game.

As for [Book V] itself…

Aesthetics

Aesthetics are almost perfect in general… except for one thing, Selena’s voice, in one of her castle quotes she sounds kind of vague, and there was a second one in a similar case, neverthless, I liked her voicing for the most part.
The rest… all good as always, in aesthetics, I can’t add much considering that most of the time, they’re going in the right direction and deliver quality artwork and voice clips.

Ratings

Associated event data

• Event type: [Forging Bonds]
  • Event name: “Driven by Vision”
  • Duration: 2020-12-08T07:00:00Z2020-12-22T06:59:59Z
  • Bonus accesories:
    ImageGlass,Screenshot_2020-12-08-14-59-33-733_com.nintendo.za_2020-12-08_15-02-11-605
  • Note: As with all banners that add New Heroes, after pulling 40 times, you get an one-time chance to redeem one of the advertised Heroes of your choice for free, for potential [Orb] cost breakdown, please check this review.

:speech_balloon: Discussion thread
:envelope_with_arrow: Third feedback round
:clock230: Click/tap here to check my other reviews

The End

Thanks as always everyone, for following, reading my reviews and most importantly, kindly supporting their continuity, I hope they’ve been your liking and that we can work together.
I’d like to start encouraging fellow readers to feel free to contact me if they wish to write a bio for a character of their liking.
I’m sorry this review took longer than normal to arrive, I’ve been waiting for the bios and also combating my procrastinator’s habits…
This review got close to the 64k character count so I had to make a very few cut-offs to keep it a two-part one… so, keeping this simple, you can subscribe by watching the first post of this tag: #af1899-reviews

11 Likes

:feh_nino:

6 Likes

:sparkles: S P E E D :sparkles:

Also, I’m about to post the [Feh Channel] one too.

8 Likes

Tis was a wonderful review! :feh_nini:

Only thing I’d fix is OG Dimitri being a more comparable to Duessel since both have forced follow ups and focused on Atk + Def but Duessel has way better everything except spd and his prf is more consistent in follow ups. (Ironically, Duessel powercreeps L!Ephraim in that role of forced follow ups by being alone AND stats except spd and Hp :feh_disgusting:)

Looking forward to the FEH channel one!

6 Likes

Nice! :feh_nino:

You always put so much effort into these and it really shows. Unfortunately I can’t read your FEH Channel one atm, but I will as soon as I can

Keep up the good work! :feh_hridexcited:

4 Likes

Thank you! That’s a good suggestion, Dimitri didn’t strike me as much of a standing comparison point because of his significantly lower resistance, and I tend to prefer comparing units from same class and similar statlines and roles:

His speed is about 10 points higher than Duessel’s too and both possess [Lull Atk/Def 3].

Nonethless, I appreciate the suggestion, it might be helpful for future comparisons. :fgo_ishtarsmug:
Btw, the [Feh Channel] review is up here:

4 Likes