@af1899 reviews [Familial Festivities] --- Special Heroes of Mar/2020! :feh_excidunn:

To note

:outbox_tray: All the links in my reviews will open in a new tab/window by default upon click/tap
:uruguay: All the datetimes are in Uruguay standard time

Introduction

Good day everyone! This month, new spring seasonals have been added and among them a big surprise to me at least.

:feh_bklul:
But well, here goes the banner, let’s S L A P P onto it :feh_bigbeauty:

[Familial Festivities]

LINKS Open in a new tab Japanese trailer | BGM

Everyone’s stats

LINKS Source Enlarge

Special Heroes

Est

EPITHET Springtime Flier
WEAPON TYPE Blue Tome
MOVEMENT TYPE Flying
INFORMATION PAGES FANDOM | FE Wiki | FEH info | GamePress page

Bio

Est is the minor of a trio of sisters from the Akaneia continent, all of them form part of a group of pegasus riders of Macedonia known as the Whitewings, and possess a devastating secret move – the Triangle Attack.
She has 16 years according to the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia game and eventually becomes Abel’s bride, he’s a knight in service of Altea, a Kingdom ruled by Marth.

Skillset

Completing the trio of pegasus Whitewings, Est is the last of the three to get the spring seasonal variant and it’s her first alt. Now I hope Minverva gets her alt!.
Alright… this is her skillset:

• ☆[Eagle’s Egg]: Mgt. 14 — it grants [Attack +3] and checks if there’s an allied unit within a 2-square radius area of her, if that’s the case she gets an all stat increase of +5 during battles and debuff neutralization
  • [Moonbow]: Cooldown = 2 attacks — it ignores 30% of the target’s defenses during the attack in which it activates
  • [Fury 4]: it grants boosts to the unit’s base stats by +4 at the expense of suffering 8 recoil damage after any combat, this is non-lethal damage, meaning that the holder’s HP can’t KO the unit
  • ☆[Chill Atk/Res 2]:
    EXCEL,Microsoft_Excel_-_feh_dual_chill.xlsx_2020-03-18_15-03-09-331
  • [Hone Fliers]: it grants visible buffs of attack and speed +6 to adjacent flier units at the start of each turn

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-52-59-116

• Superboons: attack, resistance
  • Superbanes: HP, defense

Spring Est has high attack, good speed and low-to-mid bulk, with easily salvageable RES thanks to her superboon on it, but you’ll like an attack superboon, she’s a flier and her weapon has really good synergy with the offensive buffs she can get from a flier emblem such as [Goad Fliers].
For comparison, I’ve thought of F!Morgan as she can also stack stats that way and with [Father’s Tactics (+eff)] (even though it works really differently):

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-53-49-693

While blue tome fliers don’t have a really big BST, their uses and stat balance goes along really well without the totals being a small worry

Inheritance options

☆[Chill Atk/Res 2] and whichever passive skill you need more, with [Fury 4] which is rare you have a lot of options these could go onto but with [Hone Fliers] you’re limited to… fliers.
Either can bring some effective support capabilities, with [Fury 4] being great for providing a solid all-around boost to the bases, high stats units can use it for absorbing more {chill} debuffs for example

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

:globe_with_meridians: Source: Original FE TCG

Her artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Fir

EPITHET Student of Spring
WEAPON TYPE Axe
MOVEMENT TYPE Flying

Bio

Daughter to Karla and Bartre, Fir was born in Sacae and aspires to become a skilled swordswoman like her mother, resolved to see this goal through she travels through Elibe to hone her skill and take on strong opponents.
She’s described to be gullible which leads her to be tricked easily, but she also inherited the traits from her mother, making her “quite headstrong”

Skillset

• ☆[Bun-Bun Baton]: Mgt. 16 — well… :feh_hecstare: this reduces the cooldown of all specials by 1 but there’s a catch… she needs to be given one for this part to be of use.
    That aside this PRF bestows her a form of [Null Follow-Up] as it disables effects that guarantees the target’s follow-ups or prevents her from doubling.
    It’s also effective against armored units
  • [Harsh Command+]: it’ll remove any visible stat decrease on the target but also converts these into buffs
  • [Atk/Spd Solo 3]: if the unit is next to no ally holder gets attack and speed +6 during battle
  • [Air Orders 3]: this skill will grant adjacent fliers an status that allows them to move to any adjacent square of any ally that’s within a 2-square radius area of the benefitted units

Inheritance options

[Air Orders 3] and [Harsh Command+] is the best combo, the former is still pretty elusive as it’s only on 3 other seasonals so far and you have [Atk/Spd Solo 3] on the regular pool… 6 units have it and are solely 5★

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-50-27-612

• Superboon: speed
  • Superbanes: HP, defense

High speed, good attack and decent mixed bulk make of Sp!Fir a solid unit overall whose offenses are best invested at. It’s one of those unit in which a normal attack boon is preferrable over a speed boon but that doesn’t mean speed isn’t desirable, it’s really great but she can use some extra attack power and she’s already fast naturally.

Sm!Innes is the closest comparison point we have:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-50-56-029

His class isn’t as behind as some others when it comes to stat totals, and he’s still a nice unit to use, but Sp!Fir surpasses him mainly thanks to her PRF but also offensive spread too

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Her artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

༄Narcian

EPITHET Vernal General
AKA Narshen
WEAPON TYPE Lance
MOVEMENT TYPE Flying

Bio

Narcian is one of the Three Dragon Generals of Bern and a very ambitious one. The reason why he could easily rose into this post was because of his rival: Galle is a wyvern rider born outside Bern and the other candidate of the post, because of that very reason he’s not eligible so Narcian was chosen instead, he was entrusted with the invasion of Lycia by King Zephiel himself.
His name is analogue to the word “narcissism” which is ideal for him, it’s an adjective for a person that loves/admires themselves a lot, and he’ll not hesitate to throw his underlings’ lifes to save his own skin

Skillset

Getting his first alt as a lance flier spring seasonal he comes with this set:

• ☆[Gilt Fork]: Mgt. 14 — if an allied unit is within a 2-square radius area of the holder then s/he gets attack and defense +5 during battle on top of debuff neutralization to these stats. This effect is analogue to that of Lv.4 {bond} skills, weaker but less restrictive
  • [Vengeance]: Cooldown = 3 attacks — this skill will boost the attack on which it activates by 50% of the lost HP
  • [Chill Spd 3]: it’ll look for the enemy/enemies with the highest speed and inflict on them a debuff of speed -7
  • ☆[Lance Exp. 3]: it doubles the experience gains for lance units on the same team as the skill holder for as long as s/he’s on the map, it doesn’t stack with other copies of this skill

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-49-09-680

• Superboon: defense

A really well-balanced unit with good initial weapon and low magical defense, his BST is on par with our latest batch of lance fliers.
Cormag comes to mind as a comparison point as they can fill similar roles with their stats and have same totals:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-50-05-307

Sp!Narcian doesn’t obsolete previous units, it’s great that he’s another lance flier you can choose to +10 if you like his character more than the others

Inheritance options

At 4★ he offers [Chill Spd 3], definitely take it.
At 5★ he offers ☆[Gilt Fork+] which is more recommendable due to its effect.

If you have copies of both rarities you want to fodder here’s my advice:

1. Choose a lance unit that makes good use of attack and defense and that you’re actively working on, to give an example it can be Lukas but I know he has his refine.
  2. From the 4★ copy, take [Chill Spd 3] and ☆[Gilt Fork]
  3. From the 5★ copy, take ☆[Gilt Fork+] and ☆[Lance Exp 3] — this last skill may seem useless but it mever hurts to have something like this to train more lancers if you need to, specially those you don’t want to invest into but want to get the DF before foddering

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

His artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

ↀIdunn+Fae

EPITHET Dragonkin Duo
AKA Idoun, Idenn.

Fa.
WEAPON TYPE Red Dragonstone
MOVEMENT TYPE Armored
INFORMATION PAGES
FEH info | GamePress page
BST MINIMUM 185
DUO SKILL
(Enlarge | Official info)
IDUNN'S VA Minae Noji

Bio

Idunn is one of the Divine Dragons from the Elibe continent, her race of dragons was one of the most powerful and remained neutral during the events of The Scouring, a vicious war of common hatred between humans and dragons that ocurred a thousand years ago prior to the events of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade — the dragons were losing that war and they were in desperate need of a Divine Dragon’s power to turn the tips on their favor, that’s when Idunn was caught by them and got her soul destroyed, so that she’ll obey the dragons and produce war ones (this explains her usually expressionless and doubtful personality), eventually some of the most talented humans rose up with Legendary Weapons to crush their forces, but Hartmut – one of the human leaders and the founder of the country of Bern – found Idunn in the Dragon Temple of his country staring into nothingness so he pitied her and sealed her with the [Binding Blade], about a thousand years later she’d be unsealed again by Zephiel and given orders to retake Elibe and repeat the events from the past.
Fae is also a Divine Dragon, one of the few survivors from her race hidden in the desertic village of Arcadia, she’s childish and naïve as her appearance suggests, curious of the world outside the village she’s mostly spend her life on.

Both of them are manaketes, humans that rely on dragonstones for transforming into dragons temporarily as they can keep their dragon form in the human world for too long

Skillset

About a year after her debut Idunn gets her first alt and seasonal variant as a Duo Hero, leading the pair with Fae as her cohort and as a red armored dragon like the original, she starts with this set:

• ☆[Zephyr Breath]: Mgt. 16
  • [Iceberg]: upon its activation it’ll increase damage dealt by 50% of the user’s total of resistance. Cooldown is 3 attacks
  • ☆[Sturdy Stance 3]: it’s the third Lv.3 dual {stance} skill but the first locked to a seasonal, it’ll grant the holder attack, defense +6 and [Guard] during battles initiated by their foes (this inflicts cooldown charge -1 on foe per any attack during the battle, without any HP requirement)
  • [Vengeful Fighter 3]: if the foe initiates and the holder has their HP above half their maximum then the skill grants a guaranteed follow-up attack and an extra special charge per holder’s attack
  • [Goad Dragons]: a VERY rare skill in nature, it grants attack and speed +4 during battles to any dragon unit within the 2-square radius area of the holder, it shines with dragon teams

With this set and the Duo Skill they’re built to face several range=1 units on enemy phase, those that may seem dangerous with effective VS. armored/dragon weapons will be less threatening if using the skill, this’ll make the Duo a tough unit to take down in close combats your units initiate against them

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-45-03-026

• Superboons: defense, resistance
  • Superbane: speed

She’s our third red dragarmor unit and the second seasonal that’s from said class, her BST is a point behind that of W!Sothis’ but it’s almost there, and surpasses it by 5 in comparison to the OG version and H!Myrrh who I chose for comparing.
Her mixed bulk is slightly more balanced and has the same IV set as her OG, but like the others her HP is around 45 and boasts mid-to-high base attack

Inheritance options

☆[Sturdy Stance 3] and also [Goad Dragons] is my recommendation. Why not [Vengeful Fighter 3]? Because it has become a rather common skill in the 5★ whereas [Goad Dragons] is on… F!Kana.
If your target isn’t a dragon then it’s fine but if you pulled her for fodder consider making the most out of it and the rarity of said skills.

If you take the recommended route you may either use an H!Dorcas at 4★ (grail character!) or Altena at 5★ for the [Sturdy Stance 2] who should be on your recipient before foddering the Duo

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Their artwork in FEH

Sample quotes:

(Click/tap for quotes)

◍Bartre

EPITHET Earsome Warrior
WEAPON TYPE Sword
MOVEMENT TYPE Infantry
MEDIA INFO DAI-XT.

Kyle Hebert

Bio

Bartre is an axeman described to be “very rash and reckless, but good-hearted,” he’s Fir’s father and Karla’s husband. He’s first shown to be a rather uneducated man but as he grows he becomes wiser, nonethless he continues to be the same warrior as before

Skillset

Getting a seasonal variant as a sword infantry tempest unit he’s granted this skillset:

• ☆[Carrot Cudgel+]: Mgt. 14 — if an allied unit is within a 2-square radius area of the holder then s/he gets attack and defense +5 during battle on top of debuff neutralization to these stats. This effect is analogue to that of Lv.4 {bond} skills, weaker but less restrictive
  • [Smite]: this moves the ally two spaces away in the direction this assist was used
  • [Obstruct 3]: …in 2020?

Well… what this skill does is preventing enemies passing through adjacent spaces to unit in one go if the holder’s HP is above half the max, this skill is akin to the ZoC mechanism in The Battle for Wesnoth
  • [Odd Atk Wave 3]: it grants a visible buff of +6 attack to unit and any adjacent ally at the start of odd-numbered turns (1, 3, 5, 7, …)

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-54-07-949

• Unused super IVs: +attack, +resistance, -speed

That base attack is quite high and he offers high HP and defense too, but his speed and resistance are rather low, that reminds me of:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-19_16-55-11-275

That’s quite the low BST but his refine is a good silver lining like his accessibility and Sp!Bartre is a good high BST F2P option if you’re in need of one

Inheritance options

He has [Odd Atk Wave 3] at 4★ which is great since we can safely take it from the free copy we get in the [Tempest Trials+] at 1.5k points, the 5★ copy obtained at 15k points should be used for ☆[Carrot Cudgel+]

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

His artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Banner

Duration: 2020-03-18T07:00:00Z2020-04-18T06:59:59Z

GENDER RATIO 2 3(+1)

Overview

The only thing I question is that instead of a female character we’d have a male one get an alt, but who? We have several choices, let alone from Elibe.
Est completes the trio of Spring Whitewings but Minerva, who leads them, is missing an alt… maybe one of them will be in the next Spring to complete this theme? :thinking:.

But I feel that overall the choice is good, all the characters here haven’t got an alt before this banner so it’s great they’ve got the chance

Aesthetics

In general, artwork is excellent, Idunn+Fae’s is the best but Bartre’s the worst, it only takes a good look at it once more to realize but this artwork feels rather poorly done in comparison to the rest, but it’s not a complete mess either.
I find the others worthy of a 10/10 because of the amount of detail and precision seen in these drawings, asides Bartre’s there’s a minor nitpick with Fir’s art which is just her attire, it looks more like a swimsuit for children but it’s OK.

Voice acting is nearly perfect too but there’s something keeping the overall from a 10/10, a very little something, this:

It’s one of the attack screams… but is it really one?
:feh_bylethconfused:

Ratings

Associated event data

LINKS Source Enlarge | Datamine

• Event type: [Tempest Trials+]
  • Event name: “Full-Bloom Bout”
  • Duration: 2020-03-20T07:00:00Z2020-03-30T06:59:59Z
  • Seals: [Def Feint], [Death Blow]
  • Tempest unit: Bartre: Earsome Warrior
  • Note: instead of a third seal at 6000 points you’ll get [Divine Codes (Ephemera 3)] × 50 — this change will be aplied from now on

:bookmark_tabs: Temporary central glossary/symbology (will be replaced later on here and the other reviews)
:speech_balloon: Discussion thread
:envelope_with_arrow: Third feedback round
:clock230: Click/tap here to check my other reviews

The End

Thanks yet again for your kind words and support, I read them and they help me continue doing my reviews.
Remember you can subscribe, with each release you’ll get a PM notifying you a review is out.

I’m really happy to see my favourite character from the series getting her first alt, it’s really precious

28 Likes

I clicked the thread to just read the Fir part

After all Boots with the Fir!

2 Likes

Ah well, anywho glad to see you’re enjoying your Sp!Fir

7 Likes

sees Narcian is overall the best unit on this banner according to af but still
Now this… this brings a smile to my face.

9 Likes

My biased opinion is that Idoun is the best :eyes: but non-biased: Narcian is the winner in here, he’s a really well-balanced unit with great aesthetics all-around
:feh_rinea_smile:

11 Likes

Which of these 3 do you think would like a fork most?

+10 Sigrun
+1 +Def Tanith
+1 NY!Laegjarn

:thinking:

Nice as always! Although I noticed that you forgot that Fir has armor effectiveness in her weapon too. Thought I’d let you know :feh_eirikaxmas:

5 Likes

I’d say the tankier one, obviously
So Laegjarn, I think.

4 Likes

Those poor armors in TT, they don’t stand a chance especially with the Windsweep.

2 Likes

I need to actually train one. But I’ll probably give her windsweep too.

4 Likes

Tanith is only 1 point behind NY!Laegjarn thanks to the def boon. This is before any A slots or seals are factored in.

1 Like

Hmm, let’s see… would you like to show me the builds for reference?.

I went to the builder to check their statlines:

• Sigrun: 42/36/41/32/39
  • B!Tanith: 38/34/37/36/21
  • NY!Laegjarn: 40/32/37/36/17

I get the feeling NY!Laegjarn will like it the most, it helps with her defense and helps with her attack power as well.
I’m also thinking of Sigrun since her attack is a bit higher and her DEF is workable

4 Likes

Thanks! Sorry for overlooking the detail, you’re right so I’ve got this fixed
:feh_rinea_smile:

5 Likes
Sigrun

B!Tanith

NY!Laegjarn

1 Like

Ah alright :thinking: I think NY!Laegjarn will like the [Gilt Fork+] more, specially if you use her on a cavalry team that has the buffing C-skills like [Goad Cavalry], this’ll further help with her dual phase too but she’ll have to keep a distance of 2 which can be tricky at times if keeping the [Atk/Def Solo 3].

Sigrun looks like a promising candidate there and she has [Def/Res Link 3] and a good statline to use with this weapon.
If she doesn’t depend of a better seal than [Iote’s Shield] I can recommend it and that she uses [Distant Counter] to be able to counter bow/daggers — that is, provided you take this choice.

But… who’s my choice? I’m torn between these two but I have the feeling Sigrun will appreciate it, and if she doesn’t have [Vanguard+] it’s likely even better for her to have this [Gilt Fork+]

4 Likes

She is the only one not with Vanguard. She does have Luncheon Lance but that’s probably just worse than Fork in every way now as it’s only +4 atk/def restricted to enemy phase only and doesn’t neutralize penalties to those stats.

Ah gotcha, then I’m leaning more towards Sigrun, she still has the weakness VS. bows to cover but other than that she looks good for a tanking set, [Luncheon Lance+] is indeed kind of worser as you said but it’s useful only if she’s far from her allies.
Do you like this choice? Or feel that the other two can use it better?

4 Likes

No problem! Happy to help :feh_eirikaxmas:

5 Likes

That last attack sound effect sounds like Idunn spitting :feh_legion:
I guess we’ve had some other dragon attack sound effects like it before, so it’s not too odd.

7 Likes