@af1899 reviews [Harmony amid Chaos] --- New Heroes of Mar/2020! 🏘

To note

:outbox_tray: All the links (barring scroll ones) will open in a new tab/window by default upon click/tap
:uruguay: All the datetimes are in Uruguay standard time
:star_and_crescent: Some of the bios were written by other people, they’re properly credited below their work

Introduction

Hello everyone, I hope y’all are having a good day.

Do you remember this from my review on the latest Feh Channel?

I sure do but the last paragraph was kind of wrong because we’re in March and well… :eyes::point_down:t2:

[Harmony amid Chaos]

LINKS Open in a new tab Japanese trailer | Tips & Tricks (new tab) | BGM

List of additions:

• Bernadetta
  • Annette
  • ༄Ferdinand
  • Lysithea
  • ⊕Flame Emperor

Everyone’s stats

LINKS Source Enlarge | Datamine

New Heroes

Bernadetta

EPITHET Eternal Loner
WEAPON TYPE Bow
MOVEMENT TYPE Cavalry
INFORMATION PAGES FANDOM | FE Wiki | FEH info | GamePress page

Bio

Of noble birth, Bernadetta von Varley is a student of the Officers Academy at the Garreg Mach Monastery. She hails from the Adrestian Empire, making her a member of the Black Eagles. She possesses the Crest of Saint Indech and has 17 years of age, her birthday is the December 12th. She’s the eldest daugther to the son of the Count of Varley.
She’s also referred to as “Bernie”.

She’s extremely shy towards anyone else and the only place she feels safe at is her own dormitory, that’s because she tends to be reclusive. The reason behind this is the extensive trauma she’s experienced in her early years because of her father who groomed her to become the “perfect wife,” she only found respite when alone

Skillset

Arriving as a cavalry bow unit, this is her skillset:

• ☆[Persecution Bow]: it grants the usual effectiveness VS. fliers but also [Attack +3].
    If she has any debuff/ailment or is even a little injured then she gains attack and speed +5 during any battle so long as the criteria is true. Also, if said check is passed: on combats initiated by her though she’ll make her follow-up attack before the enemy has a chance to counter… that is, unless they have a form of [Hardy Bearing]
    :warning: I.S. is being careless again! They misspelled this weapon’s description in the video, I’ve fixed their “little” mistake on the screenshot listing skills above
  • [Ardent Sacrifice]: this donates 10HP to the target ally but this assist can’t KO her meaning that it’s not available with HP=1
  • [Atk/Spd Push 4]: it grants her attack and speed +7 during battle at the start of any combat her HP is equal or above a quarter of the max, if this condition is true then said buffs are granted but she’ll suffer 5 recoil damage, neither will occur once she drops below the quarter of MHP
  • [Lull Spd/Def 3]: it reduces speed and defense by -3 during any battles on top of disabling visible buffs to said stats
  • [Close Guard 3]: it provides her allies a buff of defense and resistance +4 during battles against melee (range=1) enemies

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-06-48-141

• Superboons: speed, resistance
  • Superbane: HP

Well… she’s quite the offensive unit, she can be somewhat faster than B!Lyn right out the box:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-07-23-135

Even then, she’s not really obsoleted but we have this ☆[Persecution Bow] which seals the deal.

Anyways, Bernie is a pretty fast unit with a potential speed superboon to help her secure more doubles and even a resistance superboon if you seek a different take on her, it might be useful for checking some mages but you’ll need to put some investment onto this stat to be of better use

Statline rating: 8.5/10

Inheritance options

☆[Atk/Spd Push 4]+[Lull Spd/Def 3] sounds like the best combo however the only units we have with [Atk/Spd Push 3] are both seasonals so sadly I can’t really recommend this unless you’ve been waiting to fodder either of them.
Which skill is more valuable then? Up to preference or need but I’d say [Lull Spd/Def 3], it’s on 2 units prior to Bernadetta but one of these is a seasonal, giving it more value, not to mention this skill is really useful, specially on weapons that have a form of a [Desperation] effect.

We’ll have a rerun of the Death Knight soon enough so ignore her [Close Guard 3], they have the skill at 4★

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Her artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Annette

EPITHET Overachiever
WEAPON TYPE Axe
MOVEMENT TYPE Infantry

Bio

Annette Fantine Dominic is a student at the Officers Accademy and member of the Blue Lions, she hails from the kingdom of Faerghus and was born to House Dominic, her birthday is the May 9th and her age is 16. She’s the latest member of her family in possession of the Crest of her family.
She’s also referred to as “Annie”.

She’s described to be cheerful and hardworking — outside of her academic goals she often makes mistakes, but regardless, she maintains an aura of positivity and will cheer up others when they’re having a bad time.
She has an interest in cooking, though she tends to fail and sometimes with a small explosion but no one is harmed

Skillset

As an infantry axe, she sports this skillset:

• ☆[Crusher]: it grants [Attack +3], adaptive damage (targets whichever defensive stat of the enemy is LOWER) and gives the ally in which a {rally} skill was used on an extra space of movement, this excludes cavalry with a ranged weapon.
    This one is a mix of support and brawns
  • [Rally Atk/Spd+]: it provides visible buffs of attack and speed +6 to the targeted ally, it’s meant to synergize with ☆[Crusher] and this skill:
  • [Def/Res Ruse 3]: it’s at last introduced to the regular pool, this is what it does:
    EXCEL,Microsoft_Excel_-_Libro1_2020-03-05_13-52-54-486
  • ☆[Atk/Def Gap 3]:
    EXCEL,Microsoft_Excel_-_Libro1_2020-03-05_14-00-25-122

Inheritance options

This is also up to preference but if you want to fodder S!Ursula then I can recommend a dagger project to maximize fodder efficiency:

1. From S!Ursula, extract [Def/Res Ruse 2] AND [Scallop Blade+]
  2. From Annette, extract [Rally Atk/Spd+] and [Def/Res Ruse 3]

Done, you only need to use these two.

But my personal recommendation always takes rarity of skill into account so it’d be ☆[Atk/Def Gap 3], it’s also possible to extract [Rally Atk/Spd+] too but you have little sources of [Rally Atk/Spd]:
palemoon,Rally_AtkSpd__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-_GamePres_2020-03-04_16-53-40-653
If you want to use a seasonal which is the least I can recommend (and I’d avoid them) then I recommend to make sure that their fodder is attainable by the recipient, take the rarest skill into account and if you need to take a full passive you can take [Rally Atk] or [Rally Spd] before foddering the seasonal

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-03-53-728

• Superboon: attack
  • Superbanes: HP, defense, resistance

Annette comes with a somewhat decent to good mixed bulk while providing high attack that can smash physical walls and a okay speed for nowadays standards.
But gee… she’s another mined field of superbanes, I hope you don’t end up taking either of them! They only affect her durability and an attack bane is acceptable since her PRF would still make up for it and some investment can help.

Libra is one able candidate I thought for the comparison:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-14-14-982

That’s because he also has nearly the same mixed bulk and -4 to attack and speed than Annette but his statline is surprisingly similar.
During the years he has aged quite well and remains a viable and accessable choice with several fun ways on how to build him, a refine might give him the edge to stay sharp!

Statline rating: 9/10

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Her artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

༄Ferdinand

EPITHET Noblest of Nobles
WEAPON TYPE Lance
MOVEMENT TYPE Cavalry

Bio

:briefcase: Written by @Bow-of-Sacae

Skillset

Ferdinand arrives as the instant demote of the banner — a lance cavalry with focus on speed and physical defense:

• [Vanguard+]: he’s the second demote and unit with this weapon, it grants defense +7 during battles the foe initiates
  • [Reposition]: it moves the targetted ally to the opposite side of unit (in the direction from which it was used)
  • [Fortress Def 3]: it raises his base defense by 5 but reduces the base attack by 3
  • ☆[Rouse Spd/Def 3]: a new skill in the {rouse} family, it provides him visible buffs of speed and defense +6 at the start of any turn he’s not adjacent to an ally.
    If you use [Reposition] on an ally either replace this skill or try to move that ally out of the way if you want this skill to remain active

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-05-12-531

• Superboon: resistance
  • Superbane: HP

Now this is impressive! His speed isn’t really big but he has access to cavalry buffs and a potentially good mixed bulk, you can try his resistance superboon to give him a mixed 30/28 defensive spread at no merges which is okay and can be further improved.

He can be compared to these two who have similar stats:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-06-20-970

Lance cavalries haven’t been powercrept that much, Ferdinand’s BST is on par with 3rd generation units and he can be a potentially strong unit

Statline rating: 9.5/10

Inheritance options

If you want to fodder him [Fortress Def 3] is an option but… promoting him to 5★ is probably your best bet, if you do that you should get [Vanguard] from 4★ Thea beforehand so you can get its “+” version on top of ☆[Rouse Spd/Def 3].
That’s limited to lances though so foddering only ☆[Rouse Spd/Def 3] is justifiable

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

His artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Lysithea

EPITHET Child Prodigy
WEAPON TYPE Red Tome
MOVEMENT TYPE Infantry

Bio

:briefcase: Written by @TMFM

Skillset

In Three Houses, Lysithea employs reason magic (mostly dark) and tends to have the role of a glass cannon (a unit with high attack power and speed, usually at expense of other stats), her kit and debut in FEH as a red infantry mage further reflects that:

• ☆[Hades Ω]: this is her personal weapon, it grants a {slaying} effect and [Swift Sparrow 2] (attack and speed +4 during battles she initiates).
    If her special is ready at the beginning of the combat then she gets an additional attack +6 on its duration
  • [Moonbow]: having a cooldown of 1 and [Time’s Pulse 3] it’s clear she’ll have a consistent bonus of attack as said C-skill grants her a special charge if the countdown is at max at the beginning of a turn.
    This special skill ignores 30% of the resistance the target has on the attack it activates
  • [Death Blow 4]: with this skill it’s further accentuated she’s a player phase unit right out the box as it grants attack +8 during battles she initiates
  • ☆[Lull Spd/Res 3]: it’ll reduce the target’s speed and resistance by -3 during battle and disable their visible buffs to these stats.
    This skill helps her be faster than the enemy AND possibly one-shot or one-round enemies

:sparkle: Trivia: Hades is the god of the dead and king of the underworld in ancient Greek mythology

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-02-30-462

• Superboons: HP, attack, resistance

HP and resistance superboons would be rather questionable on her and she wouldn’t really need them unless you want to make a strange defensive set of sorts which is hard to pull anyways — focus on her offense, taking her attack superboon is a great idea if not the best, on her own she can get up to +18 attack and that’s before debuffing the resistance. Focusing on this asset will make her (or help her) stand as a nuke.
To focus more on her glass cannon capabilities a speed asset is also effective, her weapon grants [Swift Sparrow 2] so you could provide her a different approach in offense, even a budget option like the classic [Fury] + [Desperation].

Comparison? Only B!Tharja comes to mind:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-03-03-508

That’s because she also has the statline and weapon for a potential glass cannon but she doesn’t shine as she used to, that said it just means she was powercreeped but nothing wrong with polishing her thanks to SI

Inheritance options

[Death Blow 4] and either of her other two passives: ☆[Lull Spd/Res 3] is a new skill but [Time’s Pulse 3] has proven to be more useful than initially thought and is also new… but to the regular pool.
This stands to preference but if you have a Sothis or Líf to spare then [Death Blow 4]+☆[Lull Spd/Res 3] without a doubt

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Her artwork in FEH

Example quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

⊕Flame Emperor

EPITHET Bringer of War
WEAPON TYPE Axe
MOVEMENT TYPE Armored
MEDIA INFO DAI-XT

???

:warning: Due to the high risk of spoilers this character has a bio about them will not be provided, if you haven’t played Three Houses then please restrain yourself from even checking out their information pages as the Flame Emperor’s identity will be revealed!

Skillset

The Flame Emperor arrives as an armored axe unit with the following skills:

• ☆[Guard Axe+]: this weapon is analogue to H!Dorcas’ [Hack-o’-Lantern+], both are aesthetically different but do the same, inflict a -1 special delay onto the enemy per any attack.
  • [Ignis]: this’ll deduct 80% of the unit’s total defense and use the result for extra damage on the attack it activates. Has a cooldown of 4
  • [Bracing Stance 2]: it grants the holder an in-battle boost of defense and resistance +4 if their foe initiates
  • [Wary Fighter 3]: if the unit has more than half their max HP then they’ll stop any follow-up unless there’s a form of [Null Follow-Up 3] in effect

Stats

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-07-47-782

• Superboons: HP, speed, resistance
    (Unused)

While offering middling speed and resistance, the Flame Emperor boasts a whopping 50 HP, 40 attack and 37 defense — all this makes them a potent physical wall.
Is their resistance salvagable? Yes, you can make them a good mixed wall of sorts but as usual you’ll need to work up for it, its base is a 26 at no merges.

B!Ephraim came to mind for the comparison due to the drill of similar stats:

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-03-05_14-08-31-011

There’s no major powercreep and he’s still as usable, the BST curve hasn’t been that big during the years of existence of axe armors

Inheritance options

[Bracing Stance 2] is their 4★ fodder so it’s recommendable in case you don’t want to spend feathers but I recommend you reconsider that and include the ☆[Guard Axe+].
For foddering both, first give [Steady Stance 1] to the recipient

Aesthetics reference

Original art:

Their artwork in FEH

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Banner

Duration: 2020-03-06T07:00:00Z2020-03-31T06:59:59Z

GENDER RATIO 1 3
Are you sure you want to know Flame Emperor's gender? (Spoiler)

Female, so the M/F ratio of the banner is actually 1:4

Overview

The banner is okay, some highly-wanted favourites have arrived but we could have included one or two guys to even the numbers.
There’s not much I have the right to say without having finished all the game’s routes

Aesthetics

Favourite art is a hard decision between Bernie and Ferdinand, voice is even harder, liking the distortion effect on the Flame Emperor’s voice to further add to their anonimity.
If anything, it seems the Lachesis outbreak reached even this banner in 2020 — this means that the girls are indeed younger than they’re supposed to be, for example look at Bernie’s height, it’s quite smaller compared to her origin game

Ratings

Banner rating: 7/10
Artwork: 8/10
Voice acting: 9/10

Associated event data

LINKS Source Enlarge

• Event type: [Forging Bonds]
  • Event name: “Harmony amid Chaos”
  • Duration: 2020-03-06T07:00:00Z2020-03-20T06:59:59Z
  • Bonus accesories:
    Nox,Nox_2020-03-05_12-38-18-545
    (EX accesories from previous [Forging Bonds] + normal accessories awarded at 100 friendship per Hero)

:bookmark_tabs: Temporary central glossary/symbology (will be replaced later on here and the other reviews)

Other terms
  • Officers Academy: it’s a facility dedicated to train new students in the arts of combat, learning how to use weapons, magic and skills. It’s located at the Garreg Mach Monatery, its HQs and also that of the Church of Seiros make two separate entities
  • Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Golden Deer: these are the three student houses at the Officers Academy, each led by a noble — Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude respectively lead their houses and each of them has a speciality in specific types of weapons

:speech_balloon: Discussion thread
:envelope_with_arrow: Third feedback round
:clock230: Click/tap here to check my other reviews

The End

Thanks as always for reading my reviews and supporting their continuity, it’s truly appreciated!.
Remember you can subscribe for notifications per release and write bios of the character(s) in question if you’d like to and provide feedback to improve my work

23 Likes

These are always completely jam packed with information :feh_birbpeek:
Anyone who wants a basic overview can read one of these reviews and learn almost everything they need to know :feh_flaynsmile:

9 Likes

Great review. No complaints here. I feel this one explains everything rather promptly and effectively.

12 Likes

Awesome reviews friend :feh_corrinperfect: hopefully I can summon a bernie in the near future so I can get rid of her -atk bane :feh_legion:

5 Likes

I’ve always found these reviews of new units really interesting!

I like how there is no bias and all units are judged fairly, and in different ways so nothing important is left out!

These reviews always impress me! It feels very professional. Awesome work! :feh_birbpeek:

6 Likes

Thanks for the review as per usual.

Special thanks to @Bow-of-Sacae and @TMFM for the bios, they are very informative and professionally done

This review was very good, you’re getting better and better at these. More concise and more interesting to read overall

Anyways I think the banner is pretty good no Marianne 7.8/10

I think Annette, Bernie and Lysith got Lachesis’ed…

Not too happy about that but Annette and Bernie are alright while Lysith looks 10 years younger… very interesting

I’m personally summoning for Bernie on my alt account so I’ll see how I go there

These units are pretty powerful, I can see Lysith and maybe Annette shaking up the meta. Also Ferdinand actually looks like he could be a very nice merge project

Thanks for the review again!

7 Likes

Just wanna clarify, don’t think Lysithea has a Def superboon. I have a +Def Lysithea myself, and she only has 24 Def, not 25 as a Superboon would give her. Aight otherwise though.

3 Likes

Yes, she only has Res, HP and Atk superboons.

2 Likes

@GamingBro1, @SkulduggeryUnpleasan :
Well, she seems to have superboons in HP, attack and resistance, there’s little to change but it was done:

I’ll have in mind to cross-check u/SatsujinTM's charts from now on with the info on GamePress.

Thanks for letting me know!

4 Likes

Quality content as always AF, nice work.

5 Likes

Great review as always!

2 Likes