@af1899 reviews Triandra and Freyja --- Mythic Heroes of Nov/2020! 🐐

Hello everyone, this time we got a rather sweet surprise announced… or at least, that’s the case for me. :fgo_ishtarsmug:
But people have been noticing the Mythic Hero banner lasts longer than usual, these always had an average duration of a week, but this one lasts a couple more days, and why’s that? It’s because not just one but two Mythic Heroes were announced in one video, those are the álfar from Dökkálfheimr that remained TBA as playables after Plumeria.

Triandra and Freyja

LINKS
Open in a new tab
Japanese version
Listen to the background music

Book IV ending movie

LINKS
Open in a new tab
Japanese version

Triandra

EPITHET Nightmare
DESCRIPTION «A dökkálfr from Dökkálfheimr, the realm of nightmares. Delivers terrible dreams to mortals. Cold and distant, she lives on without hope.»
ORIGIN GAME Fire Emblem Heroes
WEAPON TYPE Tome (Green)
MOVEMENT TYPE Flying
INFORMATION PAGES FANDOM | FE Wiki | FEH info | GamePress page | Gamepedia article
MEDIA INFO Yoshiku

Lexi Klein

MYTHIC HERO DATA Dark

HP +5, Speed +4

PREV. RELEASES This is her debut as a playable, prior to that, she's been an enemy unit.

Bio

:briefcase: Written by: @Bow-of-Sacae

Skillset

feh_review_skill.1_weapon
☆[Flower of Sorrow]: :lock: Pref. | :crossed_swords: Might = 14 | :sparkles: Base inc.: Att. +3

feh_review_skill.2_assist
☆[Frightful Dream]: :lock: Pref. | :dancer:t2: Type: refreshment

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
[Atk/Spd Push 4]: :feh_inherit: All | :rewind: 8 | :crown: High cost
It gives her a boost of attack and speed +7 during any battle she starts with her HP equal or above ¼ of her maximum, as long as she meets that criteria, she’ll get the in-battle boosts but also, 5 points of damage after each battle she survives.

feh_review_skill.b_pasv
[Aerobatics 3]: :feh_inherit: Flying units only | :rewind: 6
This skill allows her to move to any square adjacent to infantry/cavalry/armored allies within a 2-square radius of her, increasing her mobility up to 3.

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
☆[Spd/Res Rein 3]: :feh_inherit: Flying units only | :rewind: 0
This is a new skill in the family of {rein} skills, which is exclusive to fliers in general.
It allows her to reduce the speed and resistance of her foes within a 2-square radius area of her by -4 during any battle those foes engage, meaning allies may also benefit from the effect.

Stats & gameplay

Triandra is a prominently fast unit boasting a modest attack stat and low bulk, this makes of her a more than average glass cannon and support unit.
Personally, I think a speed super asset will benefit her the largest, denying all the speed based follow-ups she can will help with her thin paper survivality.
Attack is an obvious runner-up and works the best with a more offensive build, as for banes, her defence is the best one to take as it’s incredibly low and hard to salvage even at full merges, but a bane on either key stat is fine, specially if it’s attack.

For comparison, I chose Nino’s flying alt from the [Scattered Fangs] banner, this shows how the BST gain has been scarce to flying green tome users in comparison to other classes.
Fortunately, one point in favor is that she’s fated to get a refine at some point, we don’t know when but it should give her an edge, I excitedly look forward to talk about it, but for now, SF!Nino, as is, is outclassed, however, easier to get and with a damage oriented weapon.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-11-29_21-13-02-512
:arrow_double_up: HP, Res | :arrow_double_down: Def | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2018-06-08T03:00:00Z

Inheritance recommendations

BEST IMO [Atk/Spd Push 4] + ☆[Spd/Res Rein 3]

Your ultimately best choice, while possible, it does require a source of [Atk/Spd Push 3] such as Petrine.
Feeling venturous? If you have a flying dagger user for recipient and the HS!Elincia Limited-Time manual (or a summoned copy you want to fodder), you can take this to the next level:

1. Ensure you have a source for either skill: [Threaten Atk 1] or [Threaten Def 1].
  2. Once you do, fodder either of them to your recipient.
  3. Next, fodder Petrine for [Atk/Spd Push 1] and [Threat. Atk/Def 2], do note this doesn’t require to promote her, and saves your resources.
  4. After that, fodder HS!Elincia for [Cloud Maiougi+] and [Atk/Spd Push 3].
  5. Finally, fodder [Atk/Spd Push 4] and ☆[Spd/Res Rein 3] from Triandra.
  6. Tell me here how much I’ve been bullying Petrine as an [Atk/Spd Push] fodder over the past couple reviews.
RECOMMENDED ☆[Spd/Res Rein 3]

For now, it’s a good idea to take only this skill, it has a good load of applications and is unique.
Over the time, more sources are bond to appear, so, you might like to reconsider the idea of taking only this skill.

NOT RECOMMENDED [Atk/Spd Push 4] or [Aerobatics 3], alone…

Taking either passive skill alone is already a big waste, while [Atk/Spd Push 4] is rare and useful, it’s a skill you can get on the regular pool from a few units like Eleonora and more are likely to come.

Aesthetics reference

Her artwork

Cutscene artwork

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Freyja

EPITHET Lady of Nightmare
DESCRIPTION «Queen of Dökkálfheimr, realm of nightmares. Loves her older brother Freyr dearly, raging with bitter jealousy at his care for lesser mortal creatures. »
ORIGIN GAME Fire Emblem Heroes
WEAPON TYPE Beast (Green)
MOVEMENT TYPE Cavalry
INFORMATION PAGES FANDOM | FE Wiki | FEH info | GamePress page | Gamepedia article
MEDIA INFO Yoshiku

Stephanie Southerland

MYTHIC HERO DATA Light

HP +5, Attack +3

PREV. RELEASES This is her debut as a playable, prior to that, she's been an enemy unit.

Bio

:briefcase: Written by: @Bow-of-Sacae

Skillset

feh_review_skill.1_weapon
☆[Nightmare Horn]: :lock: Pref. | :crossed_swords: Might = 16 | :sparkles: Base inc.: Spd. +3
It gives her [Speed +3] and [Distant Counter] skills, booster her base speed by 3 points and giving her the ability to counter ranged foes respectively.
It also includes a form of {damage mitigation} skills such as [Close Call 3], if she’s faster than her foe by at least 1 point, her visible speed and that of her foe will be compared, after that, the difference between those will be calculated and multiplied by 4, the result will be a percentage that cuts the amount of damage taken and caps at 40%.

Also, the weapon includes the class effects of cavalry beasts while transformed (start the turn adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or adjacent to no one):

• If transformed, boosts her base attack by 2 points while on that state.
  • Also, if she initiates a battle, during it, her foe’s attack and defence is reduced by -4 and prevents a follow-up attack from said foe.

feh_review_skill.3_special
[Luna]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 33
Upon next strike, her foe’s total of defence will be halved.

feh_review_skill.a_pasv
[Atk/Spd Solo 4]: :feh_inherit: All | :rewind: 2 | :crown: High cost
This skills bestows upon her a boost of attack and speed +7 during any battle she’s fighting without any adjacent allies.

feh_review_skill.b_pasv
☆[Binding Necklace]: :lock: Pref.
This skill symbolizes the [Brísingamen] necklace (mentioned at B4C9P5) which is property of Freyja, according to her brother Freyr; “With it, one can take everything from someone else and claim it as one’s own”, this effect translates in the form of stat manipulation:

1. If she’s fighting without adjacent allies, during battle, her foe suffers a -2 to all their stats and Freyja gains +2 to all her stats.
  2. If her foe has at least one visible stat boost of +1, she’ll take those stat boosts and make them hers as in-battle boosts.
    In more advanced terminology: the foe’s visible stat boosts are all disabled but, at the same time, Freyja gains those same boosts as in-battle stat increments of the same amount, do note that each stat is calculated independently, meaning that a boost in one of the foe’s stats will boost that stat on Freyja.

feh_review_skill.c_pasv
[Pulse Smoke 3]: :feh_inherit: Can’t: staff users | :rewind: 4
After each battle, both the foe she fought and any [A] foe within a 2-square radius of foe [A] will have their special cooldowns go back by 1 point, but if the special is at maximum cooldown then the cooldown won’t go beyond that, it only affect foes without maximum cooldown.

Stats & gameplay

Freyja is one heck of a speedy goat… I mean, that speed is so high, she’s currently the fastest unit in the game, breaking the previous record of 42 which was a tie between several units.
Speed is her greatest asset, if it’s available to you, do take it by all means, her ☆[Nightmare Horn] and ☆[Binding Necklace] will help her become a tanky unit.
Fortunately, she’s still easily countered and her status as a cavalry unit prevents her from running {null} skills, so, you can still double her via forced follow-ups and/or if she’s untransformed.
As for stat banes, even with a speed reduction, which would be a nasty detriment to her performance, she’ll still do great reducing damage, but if you can patch it then that’ll be great for her, other than that, no other bane will really hurt her significantly.

Surprisingly enough, we have an ideal comparison point from back on New York, remember that banner in late Dec/2019 that got leaked via datamine? Well, that’s from where NY!Lethe does come from, she’s also a fast, green cavalry beast with damage mitigation imbued on the weapon, based on speed, she only losses a few points in attack, speed and resistance, when compared to Freyja, who’ll outperform Lethe a little if the latter has a speed super asset.

palemoon,Heroes__Fire_Emblem_Heroes_Wiki_-GamePress-_Pal_2020-11-29_20-36-57-148
:arrow_double_up: Spd | :arrow_double_down: Def, Res | :eight_spoked_asterisk: Added: 2019-12-25T03:00:00Z | :notebook: Was reviewed

Inheritance recommendations

BEST IMO [Atk/Spd Solo 4] + [Pulse Smoke 3]

There aren’t many sources of [Atk/Spd Solo 3], but depending of which one you got, you’ll have to decide the recipient based on the other skill you’ll take.
For example, Yarne has [Galeforce] and [Atk/Spd Solo 3], any sword/lance/axe/beast weapon user can inherit it so, naturally, you’d think of a recipient for users of those weapons, it’s possible to take [Galeforce] if the recipient got [Astra].
But [Atk/Spd Solo 3] is the needed base for proper inheritance with Freyja.

RECOMMENDED [Pulse Smoke 3]

It’s a great skill on its own as it helps you shut down
several [Infantry Pulse 3] based formations in [Aether Raids], taking it alone is justified enough and savvy on fodder outside Freyja but less efficient.

NOT RECOMMENDED [Atk/Spd Solo 4]

Alone? No, it’s kind of a waste Imo, when you have [Pulse Smoke 3].

Aesthetics reference

Her artwork

Cutscene artwork

Sample quote:

(Click/tap for quotes)

Banner

:bulb: Click on a unit’s name to see their page on GamePress, clicking the matching notebook icon will take you to their review written by me.

:arrow_down: COLORS :arrow_lower_right: UNITS
:red_circle: RED

L!Eliwood

Sothis

B!Lysithea

:large_blue_circle: BLUE

L!Azura

L!Y!Tiki

A!Anna
:notebook:
:green_circle: GREEN

Triandra

Freyja

Hel

:white_circle: COLORLESS

L!Leif
:notebook:
L!F!Corrin

Shinon

Insight

• Duration: 2020-11-27T07:00:00Z2020-12-09T06:59:59Z

I was hitting the 32k character limit… so I had to make of this part a picture, I might do something like this from now on, it looks nice tbh.
palemoon,Scratchpad_-GamePress_Community-_Pale_Moon_2020-11-30_18-25-31-357

Ratings

Opinions and thoughts

I’ve already voiced what I think of [Book IV] in general in my previous review, so, I’ll now talk about the ending video and ofc, the Mythic Heroes at hand.

Triandra, Freyja and ofc Plumeria, are all good characters, I quite like them all but the one that stands out to me is Triandra, her quotes as a summonable unit show us that, deep within herself, she wants someone that listens to her and accept her despite showing a rough exterior, similar to what Plumeria feels.
The others do show a more distant characterization, that’s not strictly bad per se, just not totally my liking, but nonethless, all of them are turning out to be surprisingly good, that said, I’m hoping there’ll be some spotlight for Freyr, if there’s a way to revive Freyja, then there’s one to revive her brother as well, right? The ending video has shown us that Freyja’s loyal álfr will embark on a quest to find a way to revive the very person that cared for them, that’s really sweet.
Anyway, it’s clear that they’ll all get further development on [Book V], I’m hoping to give a more assertive opinion on the álfr as the next arc of the story develops and reaches its end, I’m thrilled!
I also agree the next {book}'s thematic is going to be about dwarves, the term mentioned at the end, “Niðavellir”, hints at that, let’s read what does that mean:

But we’ll see in the coming days.

As for Triandra and Freyja as units, they’re great, the former offers a long-awaited way of supporting, not too broken and useful, it’ll be okay on [Røkkr Sieges] but I still end up preferring {ruse} + {rally} skills because, otherwise, the [Guard] effect is applied kind of late with ☆[Frightful Dream] and you still end up letting the Røkkr activate its special skill, her artwork and quotes are lovely, other than that, nothing else to add here and on the review where I initially talked about them
And Freyja is the queen of Dökkálfheimr… and the speed stat, it’s disgustingly high as it goes further with her weapon, the artwork is magnificent, I think about the same as in a review from early this year.

DYK

• Triandra is the second Mythic Hero for Dark season that boosts speed but the first one to be the second of an element+stat, in this case, Yune was first.
  • This is the first banner with two Mythic Heroes debutting at once, as a result, its length stretched for an estimate of three days.

:bookmark_tabs: Temporary central glossary/symbology (will be replaced later on here and the other reviews)
:clock230: Click/tap here to check my other reviews
:envelope_with_arrow: Third feedback round
:speech_balloon: Discussion thread
:arrow_double_up: Snap back to the beginning

The End

Man… we’ve sure came a long way, I’ve started writing reviews a night of Nov. 27th, 2019, right when Thrasir was announced to be first playable as a Mythic Hero.
My point is, despite #thanksgiving is non-existent in my country and several others outside of USA and a few other countries, I wanted to express my sincerest gratitude to anyone that’s been supporting me and my work, to anyone that used to read/support/etc. my work and whoever will do so in the future, I’m happy to see that, even if a few, find my reviews a useful resource. And I’m thankful for being here and publishing them, they’ve been home to a good bunch of improvements with my skills and helping them stay as fresh as possible.
Not just my reviews, I’m thankful to have the friends I’ve made here and continue to be to date, I’m thankful to have this place and evolved into who I’m, there’s still a lot of work ahead so I just got started. I’m also thankful to have a family and a place to live in.
…Hey, I know that #thanksgiving already took place a couple days ago, but it didn’t occur to me to say anything up until now.

At any rate… feel free to subscribe to my reviews, you’ll get instantly notified with each release, to do so, watch the first post of each thread tagged #af1899-reviews, I’d attach the tutorial but I’m really cutting it close to the character limit.
:feh_sothispout:

18 Likes

:feh_faewow:

5 Likes

Nice review! Double mythic would definitely take longer to write up, but you still pulled it off quite quickly :fgo_ereshwoah:

Also thanks to you too. That was a sweet message at the end there. I’m glad you’ve been able to call this a home, you’re always welcome here. :feh_nino:

Also a whole year of reviews :feh_dimitriblush: that’s impressive. I may not have been around the whole time but it’s nice to see all you’ve done this past year

5 Likes

I’m always impressed by the amount of work you put into thoses reviews.

:clap:

8 Likes

Very nice review! I’m happy to be able to say I got both of these lovely ladies. They’re impressive units too, which you did great at presenting here.

9 Likes

This is a great review! I enjoy the amount of detail these reviews go into to help out new and current players alike.

6 Likes

I knew Lethe was from Brooklyn.

4 Likes

Lmao, it’s more of a joke, it’s intentional.

I actually meant “New Year”, I like to give my reviews a little comic relief whenever I get an opportunity for that. :feh_bigbeauty:

5 Likes

Well, she’s from Brooklyn, right? Or maybe Manhattan?

5 Likes

Neither. :feh_bigbeauty:

4 Likes