After the long wait, and 300+ orbs, he’s done!

Going all the way to Norse mythology, I found out that Líf and Thrasir are based on Líf and Lífthrasir. Essentially, after Ragnarok, all gods and monsters are dead, leaving one man (Lífthrasir) and one women (Líf) left to recreate humanity. So they’re Adam and Eve if you follow Christianity.

It’s quite meaningful to their actual lore in FEH, given that their worlds are destroyed, they only have each other left.

I’m not gonna go too much into why I like them so much, let’s just say I’m a bit of an edge lord. Summer of 2020, I made a bet with my brother that Líf and Thrasir would get a summer duo (volleyball team). Needless to say that didn’t happen, but imagine my shock upon seeing the 4th Anniversary Valentines banner. I knew I had to +10 them. What’s better is that they are REALLY good.

I got 5 copies when they came out, 3 copies on the Double Special revival (and I ranted about it) and 3 today. After 300+ orbs out of 450, I completed my second 5* +10.

The other 5 stars I got, lots of which added to the stress of summoning these two.

Used the rest of the orbs for Savvy fighter, but I just got V!Owain instead. Am I complaining? HEL NO!

25 Likes

Well…yes. Adding on (since I am taking a class about it right now), by the time that the ancient Norse myths were being written down/compiled, it’s highly likely if not confirmed that Christianity had already been introduced to the culture. So things like Lif and Lifthrasir as well as what happens after Ragnarok (including the mention of the “mighty one comes down from above”) is very likely directly influenced by Christianity and perhaps not present in the initial myth. In fact, Lif and Lifthrasir do not appear in the Voluspa (an early telling of the entirety of Norse cosmology, from the creation of the world to Ragnarok and it’s rebirth after) and only appear in later/other stories.

Anyway, that was a tangent, but congratulations on finishing, they look great!

Close foil is an interesting choice; do they use it much? I know they have good defensive stats, but it seems like they’d rather have a more player phase oriented skill.

9 Likes

Or Shinji and Asuka, if you follow animoos.

6 Likes

Which followed Christianity, so it really all comes back around.

6 Likes

Never stop learning! :) There’s so much interesting stuff to learn. Today, I learned about Líf and Lífthrasir. Thanks for sharing!

8 Likes

Congratulations Disco saving did pay off in the end.
They look amazing.

6 Likes

ngl, I trickled so many orbs trying to get Savvy, but I’m glad it worked out.

6 Likes

Awesome, congrats on finishing him! :catclap:

6 Likes

The duo looks nice! Congrats! :catclap:

1 Like