Aiming for tier 21

With arena I normally bounce between tier 19 and 20 using my ‘‘regular’’ team and a bonus unit.
I want to try making a arena specific team to stay in tier 20 and maybe even go into tier 21.
I know your arena score is based on merges, BST, sp cost of skills and blessings. (I believe flowers and support don’t matter)
I do have acces to R duel infantry, but I don’t have other duel skills.

I currently own the following heroes at +10
Ayra
Soleil
Black knight
Eldigan
Lilina
Summer Robin
Mathilda
Cordelia
Nowi
Cherche
Fae
Kagero
Kronya

What would be a good pick of heroes and skills for a arena core with what I have? (or should I really make some other +10 units? I know I don’t have much armor units.)
Also do you need 4 teams each with a blessing or is that not really needed?

3 Likes

If you only have R Duel Infantry…

And a bonus unit.

Skills are just whatever scores best. Give everyone Galeforce/Aether (or Ruptured Sky/Blue Flame if you want to be fancy) in Specials, Duel Rallies assists, and try and put 240-300 SP skills where possible also. PRFs > Inheritables.

5 Likes

Thank you for the quick response. ^^

Ayra’s regnal astra and Black knights black luna are also good specials right?
240 sp skills are tier 3 and 300 sp skills are the tier 4 skills? or do I need to check each skill?

2 Likes

Personal Skills usually also score the highest.

1 Like

Black Knight, Nowi, Cherche, and bonus unit. Hopefully black Knight has special fighter, Cherche has DB4, galeforce and heavy blade seal, and Nowi has something like BD3 and NCD. Well balanced, high scoring, and very useful.

1 Like

Yep, PRF specials are great for this :feh_legion:

240 is most Tier 3 skills, Renewal and Drives to name a few, 300 is usually PRF skills and T4 skills, yeah.

2 Likes

In fact, personal B skills are the only skills that cost 300 SP in the B slot and score the highest.
Of course, there aren’t too many.

1 Like

Warp powder :feh_nini:

3 Likes

:feh_berniebulli:

2 Likes

So most importantly, give Ayra R duel infantry
Change all their support skills to dual rally skills.
Try to get a higher scoring A skill for nowi and BK
(Also maybe change the C skill for better synergy)

Did the sacred seal also matter for scoring?

1 Like

That it does. :eyes:

Ayra and (from what I remember) Nowi should be fine on that front, though Singular Stances are only like 200 SP rather than 240. A Duel Stance like Mirror/Swift Stance would be better. Also Guard on Nowi is only 200 SP also, best to change it imo. Changing builds so much is probably gonna make battles difficult so I hope these guys can get the job done. Could be worth using others if there’s lots of struggling though.

1 Like

I would definitely use BK, but you need Guidance. Good thing, your Cherche is usable in Arena, so Guidance seal equipped on her. Also, more generally, look at this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKraFWyQjY

1 Like

My cherche currently looks like this, guidance with BK sounds nice, but won’t she score low because of her BST for being a flier?

2 Likes

yeah it will most certainly take some time to get used to the new builds.
I could just give nowi QR3 in the B slot for 240 sp and then give her another seal.
maybe give the QR seal to BK instead of darting stance.

1 Like

S! Vero is on a Banner so you could get G Duel Flying for her :feh_maethink:

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: tempting…
Who would she replace… Nowi?

Altho Cherche without death blow is somewhat sad

2 Likes

Up to you :eyes:

Color coverage is useful to have, so taking out the blue might be problematic. Depends though.

My arena core

5 Likes

I’m curious as to how this turns out.

I can attest that team synergy is helpful, but not a must. This season I threw together high scorers for shits and giggles:

I just barely got through all 5 rounds considering I had no resistance fighters. However… I’m at 387 out of 2000+ in tier 21 rn. So yeah, those high scoring skills mean (almost) everything.