Almost done with HP Roy

So,
I wanted to make a hero who could support with Infantry Pulse and Sudden Panic, and at first I wanted to go with Chrom. Then resplendent Roy was announced and I decided to then go with him. Iot the final merges yesterday and now he only needs flowers (gonna take a million years :feh_nino:) and Sudden Panic. What do you think:

7 Likes

What gamemode is this for btw?

But he does look pretty good :feh_nino:

3 Likes

Infantry pulse is pretty great, Roy has slightly less health than Chrom but +HP complements his mixed bulk better than chrom. If he is full support, he looks fine, but if you want to use him like a regular unit, maybe Lull Atk/Spd or Lull Atk/Def to help his bulk and doubling prevention.

Also we both have Fire blessing on him. :feh_nino:

7 Likes

Is it bad I saw HP and the first thing my tired self though was Hidden Power from Pokemon? Like “When did Roy become a Hidden Power?” :feh_bylethconfused:

9 Likes

I’ll be using him on ar-def and in arena for scoring.

2 Likes

Who exactly is Roy IPing to where he needs 61 HP?
:feh_arthurthink:

2 Likes

I think the high HP is more ment for Sudden Panic when he gets it…

2 Likes

Summoner Support Arthur image

1 Like

That too.

1 Like

Well, I think it’s strange that you picked Roy for this purpose and not Virion when Virion has the same base HP even after the Resplendent bonus, benefits more from that HP thanks to his refine, and doesn’t need Sudden Panic in his B slot (since it’s built in his Dignified Bow) enabling him to run something else, such as Even/Odd Pulse Tie. Even stranger is you’re giving him a baiting build when he kinda doesn’t want to be taking damage in order to keep Sudden Panic affecting as many foes as possible. But that’s just me. :feh_lucyshrug:

Also good luck getting R Duel Infantry this summer since you’re gonna need that for Arena scoring. Resplendent bonuses don’t affect a unit’s BST score.

3 Likes

I don’t like archers. The only archer I like I Midori, as she has great attack and works well when it comes to baiting ranged units. This Roy was built to support, yes, but having a unit who can’t stand their on ground in a fight, is not nearly as valuable as one that can. At least, that is what I’ve experienced.
Also, I’ve tasted tier 21 before without Dual skills, of course they do help, but they aren’t needed all the time.

Have you actually used Sudden Panic? It is very good for support but reliance on current HP overemphasizes a support role to keep the effect active. I gave it to Fae when Arena was support/babysitting-oriented and it was great. But once that went away, I found it made Fae a weaker fighter since there are better B skills out there. I find that Panic Ploy for Arena is good enough and more cost-effective. Other modes don’t quite need Panic.

1 Like