An appreciation post about Caeda. My favorite Fire Emblem character

So, to get my mind off of the horrible horrible luck I had with this L!Banner, I feel it’s time for me to write a very long over due post. A post dedicated to putting one of my favorite female FE characters, if not my favorite overall, in the spotlight. Caeda. Welcome to my Support Science/TED talk, sit back and enjoy.

So. Caeda. Let’s lay some ground work first. Now, you gotta understand that Caeda really does stand out in her games because… well, half the cast in SD and NMotE are very blank. Most of the characters in those games have little to no writting. And, tbh, Caeda is no exception. She doesn’t have all that many lines, her screen time is very limited for the most part (especially in SD), and she doesn’t have any impact to the main story of both games whatsoever really. BUT, that doesn’t mean she’s like the rest. Caeda properly stands out because she really shines when she’s able to.
Let’s start with a basis on her. Caeda is the princess of Talys, a small nation island off the content. After Marth and his posy of personal knights was warped there by his sister when Altea was attacked, he and his retainers hid there in hiding with Talys’ open arms. But once Talys was invaded by bandits off the coast, it was up to Marth and his band of knights to stop them, Caeda joining them to protect her kingdom. She fought alongside Marth for the rest of the War of Shadows, recruiting the occasional kind-hearted enemy from time to time. After the war was over, Marth and Caeda admitted their feelings to each other A couple of years later, they were due to be wed. But an unexpected assassination attack on Altea and it’s new recruits came suit. And Altea was once again at war. Caeda stayed by Marth’s side throughout it, hoping with all her heart that once the war is over, she’ll finally be wed with the man she loves most and be forever happy.
Now it sounds like Caeda is actually pretty important to the plot right? Well trust me, she isn’t. She gets as much screen time as any other character in the game. Granted she gets a little more than most but that’s not saying much. But, it’s what she does and says during these moments that really make her shine. Let’s go over some points that make her such a stand out and great character.

Her dedication to Marth:
Caeda is a very dedicated wife to be and just an all around faithful girl. It’s really outstanding, I can’t think of any other female character in the series that is so devoted to their spouse (no, I’m not counting Tharja because she can still wed anyone). And least from all the games I’ve played. What makes her so great in this aspect? The fact the she willingly flirts with other people on the battlefield just so they can join her cause. Yeah, Caeda really does do this, just look at how she recruits Roger in SD. Tell me, what other princess in the series does this kinda thing, let alone when they already have solid feelings for another? None that I know come to mind. But let’s take a step back. She doesn’t do this stuff to betray Marth, she is still heavily devoted to him. So what then? Does she do this with manipulative maliace in mind, to Foo the enemy that she’ll get with them if they join her side? No, no she doesn’t. She just wants to see if there really is good in the hearts of the enemy, even if it puts her own life on the line. And thats a good segway to my next topic.

She’s a risk taker. More than most princesses in the series:
Let’s talk about the moments she’s willing to risk her own life to help Marth and his cause. Let’s see, how about her suppot line with Marth in NMotE? In her first convo, Marth is worried about Caeda being on the front lines, saying that he’s not sure it’s safe for her due to archers. Caeda doesn’t take to kindly to this, saying that she’s as strong as anyone else in the army and that she can handle herself. She’d rather be close to Marth on the front lines and die for him than be on the sidelines. Not only is that another good example of her dedication to him, but it shows she’s not just some pretty princess who can’t do anything in the field (far from it if you’ve actually used her in the games. No joke, she destroys absolutely everything). Another prime example being the recruitment of Navarre in SD. Now, Caeda has heard of Navarre due to his infamey. She knows he’s dangerous, she knows he’s an ‘enemy’. But what does she do? She straight up flys to him and talks. Talks about how a man of his caliber doesn’t fit in a band of cutthroats and pirates. He just shrugs it off and tells her to get out of his way. Does she? No. She says that she’d himrather strike her down than for him to keep on fighting for a bad cause. Maybe it was due to his own personal code of not fighting women or the small kindness in his heart, but he doesn’t. He’s been bested by a woman he only just met. And for that, he joins her and Marth’s cause. Now this does sound cliche, we have been here and done that before in the series. But with Caeda, in a game that has a cast of little to no writting, it truly does feel like a breath of fresh air.

Her kind personally:
Now I’ll admit, Caeda is kinda bland. She’s got the whole ‘kind and caring’ thing going on and when had that not been used on a female in FE. But honestly, I feel it fits her more than most. She is the absolute sweetest thing you’ve ever seen. And this helps her in the examples I gave before. She wouldn’t have tried to talk to the enemy if she didn’t believe there was a bit of good in everyone. And that’s really hard to come by. She had faith that everyone, everyone, has good in them. Imo, that’s what she means when she says ‘Do you believe in love?’. She believes that love is believing in the good of people. In humanity. And that’s really admirable.

All in all, I feel Caeda to be the embodiment of how you don’t need a bunch of writing or story arcs to be an amazing character. No, I am not saying she’s one of the best written characters in the series, but she doesn’t have to be. Because as small as her actions and supports are, they make such a big impact. That is why she truly is one of the best girls in the series, and will always be my favorite female character in the series. All I got left to say is…

Wing Spear Legendary Caeda when IS?

15 Likes

The whole Ceada flirting with characters is IMO a bad thing about her
I mean while other lords use good reasons and sometimes money to recruit people, Ceada uses…
Flirting

5 Likes

y’all better not be low key calling her a thot, I’ll gut and slaughter you all

YES BINCH YES, idk i just think Sheeda’s neat

1 Like

Mmmh, Louise maybe? She’s really devoted to her lord Pent.

But anyway, I agree with everything, Caeda is an awesome character. I liked her even when I knew nothing about FE and after two year I still love her. I would love a legendary alt with the wing spear, and she could be reunited with L!Marth and L!Tiki like a happy family

4 Likes

It’s fun seeing appreciation posts for people’s favorite characters. I like doing stuff like this for Tobin and enjoy other people getting to do it too. Plus Caeda is adorable and deserves some appreciation.

7 Likes

a lot of words oh my

1 Like

I better not do it then,I’ll cause a riot. (Still won’t do it)

1 Like

Camilla?

Do it, you must

3 Likes

Are you out of your mind,sir?

4 Likes

Do you realize who you’re asking? :tooobin:

4 Likes

Maybe I’ll make one for Felicia

1 Like

Do it, but there better be some cute art in it

5 Likes

As a Felicia fan I approve

1 Like

Yeah,that was a stupid question :feh_corrinmug:

I would need to do a lot of research to come up with something good for her,alongside great fan-art that’s not…you know.one that I found pretty good is in my background profile and trust me,I had to actively search for it.

4 Likes

Well you could try and mention how before heroes she wasn’t really that bad
How her character was actually good until IS did what they did to her

1 Like

I like the one in your background a lot. Depending on how you phrase everything it should be fine too, cuz Camilla isn’t a bad character… Just IS decided to turn a good character into a sex symbol for no good reason at all.

3 Likes

Yeah,but the major problem is that the localization process has already made the damage,and is,in my opinion,irreversible.

1 Like

Wait the localization?
Was Camilla made worse because of the Japan -> America transition?

I could explain the nature as to why I like her,which I’ve already stated,but that still leaves with a lot of plot-holes,that I don’t think I could remedy on my own.

3 Likes