Anima Defence help requested!

My anima defence is not doing that great since getting into Tier 21. So I would like some help of people who know how to make defenses that work. Currently it looks like this:

Friend code if needed

1 Like

Firstly, don’t lock your entire team behind buildings. Those buildings in their current position help your opponent more than they help you

4 Likes

So have some kind of opening for my units? Yeah that makes sense. Just have to rearrange how the units are placed too.

1 Like

I don’t recommend having units completely walled off in corners like that(Or in general). It’s a bit cookie-cutter, but I enjoy ball setups. Not Flier balls… just ball setups.

This one is seriously outdated(By a full year, maybe 13 months), but this is what one of my defenses used to look like. L!Tiki had Armour boots and that made sure that 4 out of the 6 units were able to attack. With dancers you generally don’t want that happening so decrease their Atk stat and they’ll prioritize dancing instead(Assuming they do less than 5 damage). I don’t really recommend Veronica much these days in a ball setup, but a unit like QP Rein works wonders.

If you have any melee dancers then make sure your ranged units don’t have assists otherwise your ranged units will never get danced(Unless their Atk is too low and both them and the ranged unit in question can attack and the ranged unit does more than 5 damage while your dancer doesn’t).

4 Likes

what kind of help are you looking for?
do you whant general tips for mistakes alot of people does, or do you just want a pre build set up you can copy?
or where in between do you land?
do you want to know the meta tricks/comboes?

how much knowlage do you ahve of how the AI works?
do you know how a rally/restore trap works?
do you know how the turn order priority works?
do do you know why/when a unit uses assist or attacks?

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know a lot. I know dancers will attack if they can deal 5 damage and the AI will prioritize survival over everything.

1 Like

Well for starters don’t wall your team off with structures. Your units can’t break structures meaning the opponent can snipe/repo to their heart’s content and your team can’t do anything about it

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that in recent replays so now I am trying to avoid that.
I’ve come up with this as a new defense though.

1 Like

Alright good color overload. I would switch olwen out for a dancer like l!azura to help ophelia get into action. I would switch you bolt tower and fortress though. It would lessen the bottleneck on the right side but right now I could break the structures on the left and snipe Ophelia. That would keep my entire team out of your cav units’ reach and prevent galeforce shenanigans. If you switch the bolt tower with the fortress ophelia can no longer be sniped, and that coupled with a dancer would ensure I have to put myself in multiple foe’s range to start the fight

2 Likes

Like this?

1 Like

Yes like that. Now the only way to snipe one of your units is to put myself in multiple lines of fire. A ranged flier could snipe roy but you can’t really do anything about that

1 Like

And actually since you now have a dance sniping roy isn’t guaranteed safety either

1 Like

sadly I’m not the correct person to ask about begginer lvl AI knowlage.
But as for common things for a good AR-D

• an open map is almost always best
    A good AR-D builder can make setups that works for boxed in since they know all the weakneses and how to avoid them. and you do it open since like said before this gives the attacker less opportunity to setup, harder to snipe, your units can easier reach an attacker that does a hit and run tactic.

• 2 dancers are the most common
    this allows your nukers to be less predictable and harder to bait. gives extra reach for attackers that fall back after the first attack.

• have all/most attackers cover the same tiles
    this makes baiting much harder since now they cant make one of your units charge out and be picked of, now they have to either take on all of them or go whit another strat.

• rally trap
    very common and effective, they allow your nukes to have a much higher reach while staying back and being much harder to snipe.
    like i said i’m not the person to ask if you are new to AI manip/understanding but googling rally trap will give you a good base for how they work and how to use them

• for your dancers since you want them to assist over attack lowering there attack is important.
    Most common ways of doing this is to this is whit fortress skills since they lower the attack, unmerged dancers, and if they don’t have a prf weapon running the lowest tier weapon is highly recommended. DO NOT run weaponless, being weaponless does garantee they assist over attack so it can be seem lucrative at first glance, but this does disrupt the order, offen to the worse, and this lets the attacker take out your team, then the pots and lastly the dancer. instead of forcing the attacker to take out the pots first.

• color splits
    you want to have many colors on your team so that the attackers can’t just take a unit that have color advantage against all of your units and get an easy win.

• one to three hardy bearing effects
    vantage is one of the most popular strategies for attackers so running skills that disrupts that strategy is very potent, dazzel staffs works aswell for this most of the time.
    The number of HB units you use depends on how easy it is to slot in on your team, how hard it is to snipe your HB user, and how much of a problem vantage is in general for your team.
    you don’t want your HB users to go first since then the attacker can just tank the HB user and enter vantage range that way. this is also why bolt tower is bad to use on defense.
    to lower the priority of your units the AI uses the following logic

B. Create Movement Order List using these tiebreaks:

1. Have assist: N > Y
  2. Attack type: Melee > Ranged > Weaponless
  3. Distance to closest enemy: lowest #
  4. Slot order: lowest #

slot order is the easiest and works in most chases if you are unsure how it works, just make sure your HB user(s) are at the end(right most) in your slot order

3 Likes

If you were going to attack your own defense, where would you start?

3 Likes

Good unit placement. Now:

Swap flower pot and real heavy trap.
Put fake heavy trap in open space above the left lake.
Put fake bolt trap where rightmost heavy trap currently is.
Place real bolt trap below that (to the right of coffin.)

Right now the trap placement is largely useless.

2 Likes

Do any of your units have hardy bearing?

1 Like

Yeah Ophelia does.

1 Like

Does your b!eliwood have galeforce? And does.your b!Roy have lunge?

1 Like

Brave Roy does have lunge, but Brave Eliwood doesn’t have galeforce. He has Moonbow.

1 Like

I would suggest giving B!eliwood galeforce/heavy blade. Lunge would be decent on him as well but his rally/rouse combo can also mess people up(in particular it makes it easier for roy to get follow-ups and proc his galeforce). Also this may be a bit silly to ask but Roy’s blazing Durandal does have its +eff refine right?

1 Like