Another salty spookfest rant

Forgive me, but I have to vent.
How ■■■■■■ up luck do I have to have to fail rolling for 3-star? Todays my 200th day and I decided to get my lovely, grailed Medusa to np5 (with her stuck at np2 for halt a year). 33 tickets, 60 quartz.
ONE ■■■■■■■ COPY! and a lot of trash. (this time, I am sending screens, before somebody acusses me of humblebragging again).

Of course my second ticket was Li Shuwen, of course not Emiya (lancer this time, by this point i’am sure, guy is tormenting me). What did I do wrong? I waited and prayed and NOTHING! AM I UNWORTHY?
I have 250 quartz left, I wanted to save for Jalter (would be my first and last effort at rolling 5-star), but at this point, I may as well screw it and put all I have to get her. MAYBE I would get emiya too.

Thank you for listening. Have a great day (and better roll than me).

Did you mean to write Izou instead of Medusa? Otherwise i don’t understand.

3 Likes

“Todays my 200th day”
have you been doing your free daily rolls on the friend point gacha? because medusa is a free servant from there and shouldn’t require you to roll on any sort of saint quartz banner to get np5

4 Likes

Somehow, Medusa was a servant I couldn’t NP5 for a long time as well. I’ve acquired all bronze and silvers available at that time to NP5, and Medusa was the only one stuck at NP4 for a long-long time.

But yeah, as others said, just roll your FP gacha and don’t spend SQ for a normal 3* available in the general pool. She will come. You’ll get tired of burning NP6+ copies in no time.

3 Likes

I can feel the guys frustration. It took just over a year for my first copy of proto cu. That involved friend point and quartz banners. Now at 18months though his NP6+ copies are turning into mana prisms and occasionally exp. You will get her extra copies don’t waste your quartz here if Jalter is a major target.

5 Likes

Yes I have. Everyday. I even got angry (hell, I tried to level him up. Good thing I stopped lol). But no medusa. The first copy was from tutorial and second from heavens feel third banner. To be honest, i remember getting 2 copies of serenity and hundred personnas, maybe one diarmiud and ceasar, but aside from those, it was almost always one-stars and trash ce. Hell, only about half month ago I managed to np5 hassan.

1st time seeing someone rolling not for SSR or other limited servant :catdestroy:

3 Likes

Don’t you roll for your waifus? Mine just happened to be 3-star. She just doesn’t like me it seems

2 Likes

We do but the FP gacha is a thing. Unless you want a 3* that is story locked you will get it eventually.

2 Likes

class based banners are coming, you can go all out on the rider banner
but hit the fp summons too.

3 Likes

Dont have it, just roll whenever my hand itch :fgo_gudako:

1 Like

How long is eventually? If I get her month before I stop playing its useless.
Btw. I followed the advice and burned through my 70k fp. Avicebron, no other 3-star, only 1-2. I know some people have millions of of fp from events but I don’t.

3 Likes

The fp servant pool is bigger now so it will take more time but you will get her if you keep playing. I can’t say how long, this is a game you play for years… just know that getting every permanent 3* to NP5 is something easily achievable by every player. Leave the real salt for when you fail to get your limited targets.

8 Likes

You got good things considering the amount that you use
:fgo_nyaltersmug:

1 Like

When I was ~6 months in I rolled sq for more copies of medea because she was still np1. Looking back 2+ years later, I’ve probably burned dozens of medeas that I’ve pulled from FPs or sq where she wasn’t a rate up.

Yeah, super annoying that medea took so long, but it was ultimately a silly way to spend my sq. If I target 3* with sq now, they must be storylocked or limited like Izou.

On most banners, rate up 3* servants get 4% chance, that is the same chance of getting a 4* servant at all. And if you check the roll thread, some folks have spent ~1k sq and not summoned Izou at that rate.

If you really want improved odds on Medusa, wait for the class based banner that should be in may if NA sticks to the jp schedule. Pool is restricted to one class only and 40% chance of a 3* is evenly split between them, and the rider version will have a chance at storylocked EoR 2 and LB3 riders.

3 Likes

It took me a year to get my first robin hood, it happens.

2 Likes

Took me 8 mounths to get my first Ushi and like half a year after that to get her NP 5

2 Likes

I think by far the most reliable way to NP5 non story locked 3* is to farm FP during lotto. Yes, its a pain, especially with a weak roster, but it’s still very efficient. I got ~300 boxes during Christmas with Nezha, Ibaraki lancer and no native EX supports (at 10ish turns per clear, no automation of any kind). That, and ~100 boxes during Gil’s lotto got me NP5s on all FP servants. Can’t say its an experience I want to go through again, but it is still extremely efficient for shoring up 3*s.

1 Like

You will end up with a million + FPs if you go hard on the Gilfest lotto this fall. You will have so many of her you won’t know what to do with yourself.

If you absolutely can’t wait then roll the class banner this May. It limits all servants to riders and therefore the only silvers would be Medusa, Alexander, Ushi, and Colombus. It is the best banner to get her in. Way more so than this banner.

4 Likes

Don’t forget about :horse:!

4 Likes