Anyone tried the Bravely Default 2 demo yet?

Had a play session with the Bravely Default 2 demo. I’ve mainly gone outside of the town area to do some battling.

Based on what I’ve played so far, something feels a little ‘off’ compared to the other Bravely games. I feel like there are multiple things that make me feel this way: the menu UI can feel a little visually cluttered (might just be me), but it’s very noticeable in the equipment menu as equipment descriptions block your view on the rest of the equipment; clear explanations on how certain stats work (such as the new weight stat); certain battle visuals don’t appear as striking compared to the previous games (mainly when you use the brave command); rather than there being turns where each characters acts based on speed, the speed determines how often a character gets their turn; NO ONE SHUTS UP DURING COMBAT.

There are likely more things as well I could point out. It may be some kind of bias, but I’m worried that this game just isn’t going to resonate with me compared to the other Bravely games. I LOVED the first Bravely Default due to the characters (Tiz is my favourite) and the story, while Bravely Second had more refined mechanics and jobs to use.

Granted, Bravely Default 2 is in its earlier stages of development from the looks of it, and the game itself is still good, but like I say, something feels off compared to the previous ones.

What are your thoughts on this demo so far? I’d love to know. Oh, and thanks for reading through this very long post!