AOE Heroes

I know AOE spam builds are primarily a mage thing, but are there any physical/melee units that can use it well? I am sure Fallen Edelgard can make it work (she can honestly make anything work…), but are there others?

2 Likes

Anyone with high attack and a slaying weapon could technically do it, or without slaying if they have some other form of special acceleration like heavy or flashing blade. Take this for example.

4 Likes

I have this build on my OG!Lyn and she does very well with it, since you buff the attack so much I think pretty much anyone can pull it off

6 Likes

Yeah, I just picked Soleil because she’s easily accessible/mergeable and still has some of the highest attack among f2p melee units. All the others with more atk require grails which could make them particularly costly.

6 Likes

People here really be neglecting the dude with a Slaying Special Spiral weapon

Poor Ares. Although everyone just uses Vantage builds for him, if they use him still at all.

11 Likes

@TheEternalShade show 'em your OG!Edelgard

3 Likes

Ngl kinda forgot he exists. That Soleil was also an older thing tbh.

3 Likes

He could definitely do it too, and it being in his weapon lets him run something else in his B slot which is useful. Trace skills come to mind to allow him to retreat a little after if needed.

8 Likes

There’s an older Flora build that used it well since she was able to account for Vantage tanks with her +20 PP effect, and I think it’s only gotten better with her refine and stuff like Time’s Pulse

7 Likes

This was before Sturdy Impact too

My Flora could run this if I had the right fodder

5 Likes

B is usually Lull Spd Def, not sure what exactly I switched it to vantage for, but it worked at the time, and it can obviously be Special Spiral if necessary.

3 Likes

Chad is an interesting choice but that Atk stat is kind of sorry, especially since you’re running Growing and not Blazing

A base kit unmerged neutral Igrene has more Atk (and this ain’t even a case of powercreep because they were released on the same banner)

Creativity is nice and all but I really feel he should at LEAST run a Blazing special; physical AoE units already struggle compared to their magical counterparts because many units have higher Def than Res (consider using L&D seal and give him Pulse support instead of QP too; you want every extra Atk point you can get for AoE specials)

4 Likes

He has Blazing, but I think this setup was from the last Limited Battle which is why it’s a bit more wonky build (it worked though).

As you can see he’s Astra blessed where he gets a Tactics buff from Titania (when necessary), and the Reginn stat boost.

3 Likes

Another thread for the new build on FTakumi:
(Disclaimer: Shown with +7 spec from LAzura. I’m too lazy to get another image)

3 Likes

And and ye shall recieve.

She used to be Summon Supported for a few extra stats, but I ended up swapping her out for Dagr. She is still pretty much a guaranteed one-tap agaist most of the roster, once you get her Special charged.

3 Likes

Big Tiddie man is here to do big damage.

Not really the build I use on him, but looks fun (made it in unit builder). I think the LnD4 is a bit overkill tho.

Not forgetting him, he is one of my favorites and is fully built! (missing some flowers though)

1 Like

Y’know, Spenser. It never occurred to me to test out the real viability of my Edelgard build.

You know how I said it one-taps most units in the game, if her special is charged? I apparently lied.

I now think I’m willing to bet the only thing she can’t one-tap is a well-built Arden. I think I’ll be putting her back into my Astra team.

3 Likes

No passive

She’s got 10 overkill, so she should still get her if she has Atk/Def Solo

1 Like

Is the speed boost to reduce speed-based DR?

1 Like