Apotheosis Anna - Merge or Fodder

I decided to pull an extra blue on a whim and got a +Spd -Def A!Anna! I had already pulled a +Atk -Def one, but I’m definitely keeping the +Spd. I’m thinking she would make an excellent AR-O Repel tank, so the plan is to give her DC, Repel, and probably Pulse Smoke, but her native C is awfully good, so might let her keep it. However, I’m hesitant to give up Joint Drive Speed and dual rally fodder (or the Ruse). If I merge, she gains 4 Def, 1 Spd, and 1 HP, which would definitely help with tanking. I lean towards merging, particularly with the investment plan, but that is juicy fodder to lose out on. I have a few options for inheritance, including my +10 Mini-Marth, who would like the rally and drive. What do you think?

Future-proof with +Spd. She’s the fastest lance to date and if you toss repel or CC on her, she’ll eat most everything out there.

3 Likes

I think with Rally Atk/Spd+ on so many units (and I think Atk/Spd Ruse on Eliwood ) the only thing you are missing out on is Joint drive Spd.

but for me as i intend to merge up Lilith (and Anna). i’ve just decided other units will have joint drives lol.

i saw you mention this in the other thread. as I mentioned i do intend to +10 Anna, but i was thinking about her defense (to make her a bit more bulky) but do you mean future proof just basically because speed keeps getting high up there?

2 Likes

The new premium drive skills seem very valuable but when it comes to actually finding someone they’d work well on, I’m pretty much at a blank outside of slapping them on supports for a trivial +1 over a drive 2.

They’d be pretty good on someone like Leila I suppose. Or on a random galeforcer who needs spd and doesn’t need other C skills.

2 Likes

Basically. Don’t know if you’ve ever experimented with escutcheon or pavise, but repel and close call act like a permanent version of those. And the higher the speed, the more damage reduction and the less chance of ever getting doubled. People keep asking about the new meta… I’m pretty sure 50+ Spd with repel or CC is it.

And talking about fodder, Atk/Spd Form is good, but available elsewhere. Atk/Spd Ruse is excellent, but available elsewhere. Joint drive is excellent too, but a buff of only 4 isn’t enough to fodder for alone. It needs to be paired with a solo within proximity, a bond, a form, or a support Prf like Lilith or Myrrh.

1 Like

oh i agree. i was about to respond to that comment when we get Joint Drive Res (it’s going to be the same on someone who has good utility support. and ditto Joint Drive Def.

thanks for this. i will build my anna +spd (ivs permitting).

2 Likes

The problem I have with the Joint Drive Speed is that the C slot is actually competitive for tanks, especially AR tanks. Pulse and Attack Smoke are really good, so it’s hard to run many other skills there. The supports don’t need speed themselves, so regular drives are almost as good and much cheaper. The best users might be offensive units, but even a 2-space requirement can be difficult sometimes when initiating, so Rouse or Oath skills end up being better. I’m leaning pretty heavily toward merging into the +Spd and getting dual rally / etc. fodder elsewhere, so I’ll keep looking to see if anyone in my barracks would have optimal inheritance and the Joint Drive as optimal C slot, but I doubt it. Thanks for all the input so far!

I’m biased here, but I say definitely merge into +Spd, congrats btw! I dumped most of my orbs on her to finish my close call trio and I’m so happy I did, she’s great.

1 Like

For me that’s a no Brainer, both go to Laegjarn (Joint Drive Atk on OG with Niu and HB4- so she benefits greatly from it, And Spd to S!Laegjarn because Blue Forseti loves to double).

1 Like

Heh, this is what happens when you get tunnel vision due to using too many infantry.

Yeah, flyers would be by far the best users, at least ones that run in mixed teams.

3 Likes

Thanks! I can’t +10 her, as much as I would like a speedy lance infantry to +10, but +1 isn’t bad for AR tanking purposes, particularly with Repel / Close Call and a speed boon. She might go on my long-term +10 list, though. This banner was too good to skip, but my priority is blue on the next Legendary banner for all three units.

1 Like

My problem is that most of the fliers I would want to build are Grail units, and I’m juuuust about to finish Brunnya, so I’m fresh out of Grails soon.

1 Like

that is my problem.

I went from not wanting to really use anyone in Grails - to wanting to build 4+ units.
all very worthy though

Anna is 100 percent on my wish list.
my actual BIGGEST hope is, that someone else comes out with Joint Drive (Whatever), and they are red, and then Lilith and Anna share a banner - this will let me knock out two birds with one stone.

1 Like

same. that’s more or less the only thing holding me back from building Brunnya - having two grail merge projects at the same time is a bad idea.

1 Like

yeah
i really hope we get more sources for grails soon.
one bright side is t least with Ashnard, he has the repeat so i can save some grails there.

The downside is the other three units i wanna build are tempest. (Fiora is helped a bit since of Forma)

I was actually thinking that Myrrh would be a great benefit of a joint drive - so would any of the flying dancers. - not Azura i think she still needs a hone 4 skill to really make her job better.

1 Like

I fed her B and C to Bluci. Best support in my barrack. Combo nicely with Mirabilis

1 Like

This is actually a pretty good idea. Most supports don’t want to see combat and thus waste the spd from joint drives, but Lucina does see a fair amount such as when there are reds Bike would have trouble with.

3 Likes

Bluci def can fend herself well, especially when they got red or blue dragon. She also pairs well with either of the two scary Ikes. A team of her, those two Ikes and Miranilis is some dreadful stuff. But yeh it is def tough to fodder off Anna but her skills are too yummy

2 Likes

I’ll say definitely merge.

She’s a pretty unique unit being the only fast infantry lance, and the fastest unit in the game (tied with W!Sothis atm). And with so many swordies running around she has a lot of usefulness

In terms of fodder, the Dual Rally is in a lot of units and Atk/Spd Ruse in on that Lance Eliwood who nobody uses. The premium Drive skill is the real shit, but i can’t think of many units who could make the best use of it (offensive supports like Blucina as some one up there pointed out are a good choice)
Imo it’s not worth it, but that’s up to you.

3 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, it is done! I merged her and gave her the skills. She rounds out my Astra teams. She’s supported by B!Lucina, who would have been the best candidate for the Joint Drive Speed, but I think the stats are better for A!Anna. The one speed bump over Drive Speed 2 just isn’t enough, despite the speed on B!Lucy, since I net the 1 speed from the merge on A!Anna anyway, plus 4 more defense and 1 HP.

In her new glory:

Thank you, everyone! :)

7 Likes