Apparently Balthus is too good to be a focus unit

Haha yes. Balance. In this game. Didn’t know you started stand up comedy IS.

23 Likes

This is just IS telling us that his refine will be way too good for him to have been a focus unit

11 Likes

Well there was a comment I saw that made a decent point about Balthus not being a 4☆ focus. It’s not a power balance but rather a reward balance.

If they immediately made a high bst f2p focus demote you could +10 in about 500 orbs after the bst jump, you’d get pretty high in arena in no time.

Note: high, not tip top.

So from a business standpoint it makes sense.

But even including this logic, there’s no reason they couldn’t of demoted Hapi to be a 4☆ focus at a lower power level. (Especially since Blue Tome Cavs have tough competition because of Reinhardt and Selena.)

13 Likes

“Because balance” is their default answer of “please believe that we have a reason for doing things.” There’s not actually an explanation, and they have no reason to actually provide one, so they just shout balance, and throw sand in your eyes to cover their escape.

12 Likes

zey are just trying to achieve ball-ance.

5 Likes

Also inb4 his refine is just the introduction of gauntlets as a weapon type

2 Likes

Nah thats timeskip Balthus

4 Likes

If you say so

Legit tho… I know nothing about 3h

2 Likes

Feh devs are on the strongest crack

15 Likes

IS just wants to keep me away from more fat pecs

IS homophobic moments

8 Likes

Where can I find some

6 Likes

I have to give you kudos Halo. If I ever get a “game balance” reply, I’m going to respond:

“You do know that words have meanings, right? You are using the word BALANCE all wrong, please correct this grievous error as it sends the wrong message! Thanks.”

4 Likes

Oh that’s not mine btw, I just saw it on Reddit and found it funny given how BS it is. We all know they don’t give a shit about balance.

3 Likes

I assume they’re giving us another axe infantry and red tome infantry for f2p balance reasons too? That’s very thoughtful, but I don’t think they realize that the last non-red tome (edit) GHB was Fernand back in early June, and before him we had F!Orson. Guess they’re just balancing, so that’s fine :grinning:

5 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

my bad, GHB is what I meant. Fernand, Arete, Pelleas, and now Aelfric was the order of GHBs

3 Likes

The last sword infantry grail was fucking Nemesis and he came out not long after CYL4, over a year ago.

@Pactato

This now confirms that shit, given that both F2P units on the Church (Seteth & Nemesis) were not given superboons even though Ena was right before him and had one. (Even if it was +Spd but ngl I’d still take it on Nem)

2 Likes

I would like to add that preventing Balthus from being a focus demote is probably why they put Muspell on the banner.

But again, that doesnt answer why they didnt make another unit become the 4☆ focus at a lower power level, who would’ve been Hapi ideally.

Probably because fuck it lmao

5 Likes

You think balance is your ally? You’ve merely adapted the balance. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the imbalance until I was already a man! :feh_bkhaha:

7 Likes

Woosh moment