Appearance of emiya alter

I know that dw has all the rights to decide how a servant should look like and can update them(animations etc.). I didnt wanted to open this topic since we got servants with similar problems and there’s nothing we can do about it but…

Why does he wear shirtless sleeves?
I’ts just doesn’t make any sense, at first glance you might think the bottom cape is part of the sleeves and he just has a really big hole in his dress but no. In final ascension he still has the cape but loses the top so they’re separate. I know we have other fashion problems like ushi’s clothes but this been bothering me ever since i fully ascended him and realized he just wears sleeves with empty middle.

4 Likes

And here I thought it was going to be the “why did he get lighter?” controversy. And it’s about his fashion. Huh.

8 Likes

Emiya also wears similar looking sleeves and I’ve seen them before in stuff like Princess Mononoke but I can’t seem to find out what they’re called and what’s their purpose.

To make things more difficult for cosplayer?

8 Likes

They’re not “just sleeves”!
They’re connected to his collar.

1 Like

He likes showing off his abs, but doesn’t like his arms getting sunburnt.

5 Likes

It’s still kind of similar to his OG version
Except his OG is not shirtless underneath

9 Likes

Well damn…now I kinda want to pull Emiya Alter for my 4* ticket. :thinking:

2 Likes

Shirtless sleeves are really frigging cool tyvm I’ll appreciate your not besmirching their good name in the name of emphasizing one’s fine musculature or otherwise attractive arms.

5 Likes

Dang I thought black stuff was one with the red coat, didn’t realized its 2 part

1 Like

yea…it’s pretty clear when we have the 2nd ascension to compare, I don’t know how it was stuck so nicely without coming off :joy:

1 Like

Not really a fan of the shirtless sleeves, but I guess the Counter Force imposes them on people that get summoned by it. Who knows, maybe Emiya Assassin even has them and we just can’t tell because of his shoulder guard-things. :thinking:

(Edit): It’s possible, Okita Alter also has shirtless sleeves and she’s connected to the Counter Force.
The Counter Force has a thing for shirtless sleeves confirmed?! :fgo_mordredthink:

6 Likes

Bc we need Emiya titty out but his arms get cold and so he needs to wear sleeves.

1 Like

This garment is worn by archers to protect their arms from the bowstring. Prince Ashitaka in Princess Mononoke is wearing something similar in this picture:

9 Likes

Oh, an answer that’s both logical and gives a culturally relevant example, neat. Kinda want to see Emiya with blue shirtless sleeves now, just to see Cu Chulainn’s reaction to him taking his color. :fgo_moriartysmile:
Would they swap colors and we’d get Cu Chulainn in a red outfit? :fgo_mordredthink:

1 Like

Also that’s - “His signature red coat is a type of holy shroud,[12] which were actually two separate sleeves connected by a metal plate at the back” This is for normal emiya, I can just think of Alter’s Black sleeves as some similar kind of shroud.

1 Like

Man, I really oughta watch Princess Mononoke in full one of these days. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like