AR-D testing time

FC 4071454397

it is that time again, time to test (and be cruched by) my defense.
Dark and Chaos, but if you have constructive feedback on astra I am not against it.

by all means tell me anything you see that can/ should be improved. or just debate/argue for pro/cons of different units/builds.
the map is a fairly normal return trap, whit a rally, making berni+Vero+sara cover most of the map making it very hard to hide.
I would like to put on a far savior on the team, I would be fine replacing one of the dancers for it, but I can’t figure out a way to do it. if I replace do replace a dancer, and put the savior where Embla is now, it makes the second dancer dance sara rather then the Berni after she rallis. and only way to solve it is to move the catapult to column 2 instead of 3.
so big question is is it worth giving up the catapult in column 3, or is there a better way to protect against PP strats.

I will have to go to bed, so @supersoren will manage my account add accept any Friend requests, and probably answer the basic questions. if she actually committed to learning the AI as she said she wanted to do she could answer the more complex questions aswell.
and I will answer any questions she did not answer tomorrow morning.
best of luck break the ever living shit out of my map, so I can fix it and make it even stronger.

4 Likes

I molest his Leif and the Leif liked me more so he just gave up his account to me

3 Likes

guess I will only get one tester

was expecting to get fewer tester then back in the day, but damn we really fallen of in amount of competitive people being dedicated.

1 Like

It’s ok argen. At least ur getting laid unlike most of the players here. :feh_dagrsmile:

1 Like

@Dragginz you bored and want to help?

1 Like

I saw a weakness on the right hand side of the map so I tried to exploit it with a save unit but no matter what I do I can’t outspeed Veronica.

PP’ing it was fairly easy in comparison but I guess we knew that already. Embla is great for getting Seliph into WoM range. Afterwards I still had enough HP left to tank Azura and collect the pots.
I did need two tries though because the tactics room ruined my run the first time.

PS: these are my actual light season teams. I didn’t counterpick units just to beat your map.

2 Likes

50%/50% ish on gate, that persumibaly is game over if it get destroyed.
it is probably a bit annoying to set up the savior team, and even then it is hard to make work it seems.
still a 50%/50% it seems to be able to player phase it. curios on how you did it, would you say it is was complex and needed a few things to go just right to work, or was it alot of leeway. would you say a B!Hector Far savior would have made the map harder? or would N!Laegjarn have obliterated him?

also worth mentioning that when using a savior you trigger L!Vero second condition and while it is possible to tank her once, doing so twice or even thrice is less likely. Especialy when sara and berny is ready as backup, even if not even close to as strong as vero, then should be able to Finnish anyone of that somehow survived L!Vero

1 Like

My Robin survived a double attack from Vero but then was taken out by Sara. So yeah that doesn’t work.

PP had some leeway I’d say because I didn’t calculate anything but it still worked almost right away. And no, Laegjarn does not take down Hector at all. But if you put Hector on the front line I will just kill him with Seliph. :feh_corrinmug:

Seliph attacked L!Azura, galeforced, took out Vero, then canto’ed back to get danced by Azura and finally attacked Embla to get into WoM range. From there I could take out the remaining units pretty easily. Unfortunately Ash one-shots all of the remaining units so she was missing one charge to activate GF, otherwise I could have even trapped your Azura.
It should also be possible to do the same thing on the lefthand side, where there’s no annoying tactics room to slow down my dancer :)

I wouldn’t say the chance to hit the gate with the catapult is 50/50. Most people I see have the gate in lane 2 or 5. Lane 3 is prone to be hit by the catapult because that’s the spot where everyone used to put their Bolt Tower.

2 Likes

Column 2 and 3,whit favor to 3 is the most comon place I see gate. Column 2 and 4 gate does leace column 1 or 6 open to ve sniped. Not a big deal for the attacker persumibaly but it exists.
Letf side would mean selif is affected by guard, frim embla, so it dont really work?
Any improvments you can think of to make it harder to PP / H&R / Galeforce. 2 dancers would be more then enough to stop EP i assume, atleqst whit sara. but whit how stuff lined up I dont know how to make the rally trap work over sara being danced, and keep the cataoult in column 3. If column 2 is more comon for gate that is solved. But then the question is aldo what to run in the open slot, far save? Near save? Anything else? Is there a way ro make the trap setup work consistantly whit only 2 dancers?

How invested is your seliph? How close is the match uo vs embla? Anything I van do to make her harder to deal whit? Both in general and vs seliph specificaly

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t bring a bonus unit. If I brought Anna, I couldn’t do this turn 1 because my ranged cav doesn’t have trace so I’m saved by the safety fence.

A hit and run against L!Veronica probably causes other problems when paired with a ranged cav/B!Seliph/L!Sigurd exerting threat range against Embla. That needs better HP on the cavs though, and I’m not rich enough for multiple summoner supports.

3 Likes

Y everyone have easyer pp solutions than meeeeeeee.

3 Likes

I got too addicted to a FEHtuber called Exkalibur back in the day. Their clears frequently featured an amazing Olwen paired with a galeforce melee cav doing a huge variety of tactics through great investments and masterful AI knowledge. This is one of them.

2 Likes

I respect. I’m bad at AI but somehow prefer overly quick but stupidly difficult to run turn 1 offense strategies.

Because I’m bad at AI I make my life harder

@argenmendon

no bad Swede

2 Likes

Sleep

2 Likes

Dude wtf, not ok.
Amazing solution, but atleast i can think of a few counterplays, and if I saw this in the wild i would have mad respect and I am willing to lose yo this

2 Likes

It’s Swedish bed time.

2 Likes

You’re too kind… I’m just an old, senile veteran with a few old tricks up my sleeve.

:catroll:

It’s definitely a good map though. I think that other than 1 turn galeforce clears, a basic hit and run against Embla is probably how most of the players up there will try to break your defense. You’ll have to pick between massively crushing tank strategies or hindering hit and run. Return traps cut off a lot of setup time for offensive strats and there’s nothing I hate more than a tank looking smug, so I prefer this configuration over B!Hector IMO.

2 Likes

If ur old and senile then Soren must be a rotted corpse.

2 Likes