Arena Core Planning :feh_arthurthink:

I’ve been pondering another update to my Arena core & finishing up the builds. I have all these resources, so no worries there :feh_birbpeek:
I think they’ll work pretty well together. Maybe Hana might have some problems with being solo?
Thoughts & suggestions? :feh_nini:
(Just realized that Jorge is running the wrong special for Arena. Oops. He’ll probably get Aether, maybe Blue Flame if I’m feeling spicy) :feh_legion_miso:

RIP my only copies of Byleth & Julian if I go through with this. They will be added to the Hall of Fame just like Sue before them :catcry:

16 Likes

Good choices :feh_altinawink:

I’d probably swap deck swabber for a huge fan+ 'tho.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Geese with basically the same build as Hana in arena for a while now, so the solo thing isn’t too big of a problem. Definitely something to consider when you take your turn but it’s not too hard to work around.

3 Likes

Looks solid. Full color coverage on strong units overall, with really good high scoring builds. I don’t have much to add

But most importantly, Hana is cute af.

11 Likes

Young Marth is really good against Edelgards, I usually change my core between Astram and Marth when Edel is a bonus unit.

1 Like

I’d leave Hana with the ninja weapon. That extra Spd will make better use of the DR on EP, allow RS to activate more often also making better use of Spurn, and make her an insane threat on PP with her quadding ability.

1 Like

It’s definitely an option, but I would rather have the bulk that Deck Swabber provides :feh_eirikathink:
That’s a 13 Def & 9 Res swing between the weapons.
(Also it’s refinable while the ninja weapons aren’t)

4 Likes

That’s fine, my preference would just be cancelling out one phase i.e. making her unapproachable on PP.

1 Like

Thoughts & suggestions?

For which Tier would you use this core team? ^^"

1 Like

Tier 20.5 is my goal of where I want to generally stay in Arena :feh_birbpeek:
So jumping between Tier 20 & 21. It’s been hard, and sometimes I drop down to Tier 19, but hopefully an updated core (when Hana gets into the Grail store), I’ll be able to keep up again :feh_legion_miso:

2 Likes

I run the same build as you have on Hana on my Geese (including Joint Drive Atk) and he does well and I don’t have trouble with him being solo.

I’d consider QR seal for Jorge considering he’ll be facing fast reds and I don’t think the 40 speed with the bond is going to cut it. Also seems like Aether isn’t going to be activating very often on him without acceleration of some kind. So I vote for a different special (RS or BF obviously).

Why +atk Jorge if hes spd-stacking?

Minimarth was just an amazing 4* focus

Baby marth and Zihark are probably the 2 best 4* focuses so far - especially for arena

1 Like

Yeah looks great :fgo_ereshwoah:

2 Likes

What’s the consensus on running all physical core units? I have Itsuki–Echidna–Norne as a core, until I can finish Fonse and swap out Norne (maybe Echidna, depending on what blue meta looks like after book 5 gets in full swing).

Obvs mages tend to have lower BST, but I really appreciate being able to attack Res without having to run dragons with effective weapons screwing with my team

Oh, it doesn’t matter tbh. I’ve been running an all physical core for as long as I can remember, and it doesn’t really matter. Heck I was running an all swordie core for a while

3 Likes

I guess the game kinda makes running mages a tough prospect since there are only 3–so far–that you can run and still score well. Fonse, DuoMicaiah and Flyleth. Obvs it’s tough for most people to get them +10 before 185 BST becomes too low to see great benefits to having them in the core

1 Like

I understand, i’m using Tharja myself with a scoring skill to compensate.
IMO what really help is a ranged unit, so, having Jorged does the job.

I don’t think they will put Tier4 scoring skill anytime soon, which it is sad, because it is really comfortable to be able to use any unit regardless of its scoring :feh_genny_mug:

3 Likes

There’s a few others. L!Celica obviously. Illyana can hit 170

2 Likes

Does her personal skills get her into the 170 bin? She’s 162 naturally? How long before anything less than 180 BST can’t get you into T21?

1 Like