Arknights Mafia [R1] - Sign-ups (Waiting List Only Now)

Welcome all Rhodes Island staff! It’s my pleasure to present to you the first Arknights mafia round! I will be joined by the one, the only, ArcanaApocalypse give 'em a round of applause :clap:

To those who aren’t familiar with mafia-type games don’t be afraid, we don’t bite unless you’re into that. Even if you aren’t familiar with Arknights somehow then you’re still free to join. We’re here to answer all questions, we’re just aiming to have a good time and we welcome all newcomers! The rules may seem daunting at first, but things become clearer when put into practice.

Please @ me or Arcana if you wish to join the round. After signups close discobot will decide your fate as to what team you join (teams are discussed in detail below). We will then create a PM for you to speak to GMs privately, pick your character, and submit actions. Once that PM is set up we can discuss what character you will play as in the round, note that certain characters will be restricted to certain teams: Hostile teams can’t pick “good characters” and Town can’t pick “evil characters”.

Anyways, here are the rules!

Basic Info

You are not allowed to discuss this game with anyone except the GMs in your personal PM, in the day thread during the day phase, or any chats we put you into. There is to be no DM’ing, or else the game falls apart. In addition you are not allowed to provide screenshots or direct quotes from your personal PM as evidence.

You

You belong to one of four teams and will win if your team achieves its victory condition. Use your special abilities during the night phase to defeat/investigate your enemies - or try to trick the majority of players during the day phase into lynching your target.

Every player controls a Character with between 2 to 4 HP. If you lose all your HP, you will Die and can no longer send in any further actions or talk in the day thread. Hope that your team uses your death well!

Teams

1. There are 4 factions in this game: Town, Mafia, True Neutral and Serial Killer.

2. Town wants to eliminate the Mafia and the Serial Killer. Each member of the Town starts alone and has no knowledge of who is on their team.

3. The Mafia wish to eliminate Town and the Serial Killer. The Mafia know who each other are and can talk in private together about their plans - however, they are outnumbered and cannot brute-force their way to victory.

4. The True Neutral, and their objective, is unknown to other players and typically doesn’t fully align with any one faction

5. The Serial Killer’s aim is simple, to kill everyone.

Basic Gameplay
  1. There are two phases in this game: Day and Night. The Game begins on Day 1, proceeds to Night 1, then Day 2, etc.

2. During the Day Phase, all players are free to discuss any suspicions they have inside the Day Thread. Players may vote to Lynch someone by voting for them in the Night/Lynch thread. If a Player receives the majority of Lynch votes, they will be Lynched and will lose 2 HP.

3. During the Night Phase, all living players may submit their actions to GMs via DM. They may use Abilities freely unless otherwise limited. Typically, the Mafia will target Players to kill them, and the Town will seek use their large variety of abilities to survive, defend, or investigate.

4. After all actions have been submitted, I will post a story about the interactions between all the players. This story serves as vital clues, spelling out which Characters did what. Figure out who controls each Character, and you can get a good idea of who is on your team!

5. The game proceeds to the next Day Phase and continues until a Win Condition is fulfilled. Typically, it is “Eliminate all hostile players.”

6. If you die you will be transported into a “deadchat” PM. You will not be allowed to discuss the game further in the day thread at this point.

Other Common Terminology, note that not all of these will necessarily feature in this round
  • Kit - The set of abilities that you have been given for your chosen character.

• Title - An alias with which you will appear in the Night Story. These will give others a clue to who your chosen character is.

• HP - Hit Points. The amount of damage you can take before you die.

• Passives/Passive Abilities - Abilities that are automatically triggered upon certain conditions. Some passives may have an effect that you have some active influence over.

• Actives/Active Abilities - Abilities that you can choose to trigger during the night phase to influence the game.

• Confirm/Character Confirmations - A form of passive ability that informs a player of another player’s character choice and affiliation. These are given sparingly and are reserved for characters that are linked e.g. Ch’en and Hoshiguma.

• Hostile - A player whose objectives do not align with town. Used most often to refer to the Mafia or Serial Killer.

• Disjoint - An action which utilises another character. Typically, these are unaffected by actions that influence the base character.

• Attack - An action that directly reduces a player’s HP.

• Protect - An action that negates an attack against another player.

• Dodge - An action, typically a passive, that negates an attack against yourself.

• Heal - An action that restores a player’s HP.

• Buff - An action that strengthens a target player.

• Debuff - An action that weakens a target player

• Block - An action that prevents another player from using certain actions.

• Investigate - An action that gives you information about a player’s actions, character, or kit.

• Redirect - An action that changes the target of a player’s action.

• Taunt - An action that redirects actions towards yourself.

• Retreat - An action, typically a passive, in which the player “leaves” the night phase and is no longer targetable.

• Revive - An action in which a dead player is brought back to life and allowed to continue playing the game.

• Poison - An action that will cause the target player to gradually lose HP over time.

• Pierce - An action that ignores the effects of actions that would typically interfere with its effects.

• Blackmail - An action which limits a player’s ability to talk in the day thread.

• Instakill - An action that will always reduce a player’s HP to 0 if it hits.

• Priority - A system that decides how conflicting actions are resolved.

• Death Log - A notification of any players who have died in that phase.

• Cooldown - A period of time for which an action cannot be used starting from the following night phase.

• Story - A player’s main source of information, a passage written by the GMs detailing the events that occurred during the night phase

An example kit and story
Kit

Blaze || Town

Title: Supa Hot Fire || HP:3

Passive:

Emergency Defibrillation: The first time your HP would be reduced to 0, retreat from the night phase and heal back to full HP

Active 1

Boiling Burst (Priority 3) - Attack a player for 1 damage. You may sacrifice 1 HP to target up to an additional 2 players.

Active 2

Chainsaw Extension Module (Priority 1) - You deal 1 extra damage this night phase and do not need to sacrifice HP to target additional players. (2 Night Cooldown)

This Blaze kit is very offensive, and capable of dealing lots of damage! While it may not be as useful in the early stages of the game when the hostiles are unknown, it will be very useful in the late game when the player can focus on killing the hostile players. Mafia will need to keep an eye on this one!

Let’s say you use your first active on “Player A” and the following story is published:

Example Story

Supa Hot Fire was out for blood and approached a Dragon Queen. Just as they were about to strike the Dragon Queen, Michelangelo stepped in to protect the Dragon Queen.

Elsewhere a Robot Chicken was seen giving Beyblade some friendly advice.

Assuming we haven’t been redirected we now know what the title of “Player A” is, Dragon Queen, and we can begin to make predictions on who their character might be. Michelangelo obviously had a protect with a priority of at least 3 since it successfully prevented our attack, we should keep an eye out in case either of these two players end up being hostile.

Also Robot Chicken was seen buffing Beyblade, it may be worthwhile questioning them on what kind of buff they were given and why.

Priority

Let’s say you wish to protect player A but player B tries to block you. How does this sequence of events play out? If the protect has a higher priority than the block then it will go through successfully and you will protect player A. If the priority is equal to or lower than the block then your protect will fail.

Priority can be anywhere between Priority 4 (Normally basic attacks on less offensive kits) and Priority 0 (Powerful ultimate abilities that will be difficult to counter). Passive Abilities are treated as Priority 0 unless stated otherwise.

We’ll tag players to give notice before the round starts, so don’t worry about having to check here every day in case you miss the round. Other mafia rounds are ongoing just now but we hope to get started up fairly soon.

Sign-up List:

1. @Fish
  2. @Master-of-Old
  3. @ShinxDaSphinx
  4. @Bow-of-Sacae
  5. @bluebell
  6. @GawainDeliveries
  7. @terranort_asashin
  8. @LeiCiel
  9. @ArtificialSky
  10. @Waifu69
  11. @lordhelpme
  12. @Thisoldworldkeepsspi
  13. @MastroGillord
  14. @sawtuis
  15. @Azurem
  16. @PequodLZ
  17. @Wyan
  18. @Nytfall
  19. @Impulse
  20. @Kayo_Rikou
  21. @Rambukala
  22. @Rationale
  23. @Dafty
  24. @PessimistPuglet
  25. @kayonov
6 Likes

I know literally nothing about the subject, sign me up @ACExDiscostu93

3 Likes

Sign me up @ACExDiscostu93

3 Likes

@ACExDiscostu93 I wanna kill fish

3 Likes

Woah y’all are quick af

Putting Waitlist here since there’s a cap on how many people you can mention in a single post, sorry for additional @s

Waitlist:

1. @jakeybitchette
  2. @Hjonk_Hjonk
  3. @lukeskylicker
1 Like

:eye: :lips: :eyes:

4 Likes

That’s a horribly deformed monstrosity

2 Likes

@ACExDiscostu93 sign me up

3 Likes

I claim someone, not saying who though

2 Likes

Where tf are my boys @ArtificialSky @Rationale @GawainDeliveries and @lordhelpme (who was apparently a hell yeah xD)

7 Likes

I guess it’s fair if you waitlist me

2 Likes

Sure thing!

1 Like

know nothing but sign me up @ACExDiscostu93

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this day to arrive

1 Like

add me boy

3 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot @sawtuis