As a F2P

If you in my position as f2p, are you will all-out your sq for Skadi or save some of them for Waver at Fate Zero Accel? I dont have any 4 big support in this game. I’ve failed to roll waver in CBC. So, what will you choose?

I’m certainly not what anyone would call F2P, but I’d go all-in on Skadi and then roll for Waver if you get her and have SQ left.

Waver is technically a better generalist, but she’s nearly as good for most card-agnostic comps and has the obvious Quick specialty. On top of that, her next rate-up won’t be for a bit.

7 Likes

Hello , F2P Here.

Going all in on Skadi, not for gameplay reasons mind you. I have no interest in 3T Looping.

3 Likes

I agree with @Gou here.
While Waver’s amazing NP facilitating skills are surely handy, more often than not you only either require 50% for one or 20% for two (or all of them). Skadi’s targetable 50% is incredibly juicy, especially for servants without NP battery. And her AOE DEF Down is equally welcome, particularly for the weaker NPs that appreciate the extra damage.
Also, there’s Double Skadi shenanigans that are fun and only possible if you have your own.
And come on: she’s a cutie :fgo_scathach_blush:

Of course, I’m speaking purely from a farming perspective. There’s a reason why the SSR ticket in JP was dubbed the “Waver Ticket”. His generalist usage is second to none.

5 Likes

All-out for Skadi because technically Waver’s banner next April is the better one. Since there are no CEs on rate-up in that banner, you’ll have a much higher chance of snagging must-have general pool CEs like Black Grail, Kaleidoscope, and 2030. Unless you really want Saber Diarmuid or Volumen, there’s not a compelling reason to pull on the Fate Accel Zero banner in September instead… or if you want to have Waver ready just in time for Gilfest, which is a different story.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice, all of you guys!

all-out as F2P, no thanks.
As F2P i never go all out spending more than 120SQ to single servants.
Also it depends on your luck btw.

3 Likes

Go all in for Skadi for a few reasons

1. Skadi is limited, Waver is not - he may spook you or you may get him from the GSSR (assuming you’re not 100% f2p
  2. SSR rates are already terrible so nothing says that because you save some for Waver you’ll get him in a later banner
  3. Me personally I like Skadi better as a character
9 Likes

I missed waver cbc, jttw, caster class, etc for a long time. Still, All in for skadi!

Time between anniversary and zero to require sq, and waver is in the general pool and gets many rate ups.

Skadi is limited and won’t be back for 1.5 years outside of GSSR’s.

Besides, my Parvati and zerkalot are ready to go for dss! just ignore only 4 kscope so can’t mlb

4 Likes

Exactly, people have to keep in mind that you are near infinitely more likely to acquire General Pool Servants compared to limited ones. Miss out on a Limited Servant, and you have to wait for another rate up. Miss all of the rate ups and you’ll lose any known chances of getting them.

5 Likes

I especially like # 3.

My biggest dilemma with Skadi is deciding which Ascension I’ll prefer (leaning towards 2nd Ascension right now because I prefer the hair and the darker color scheme).

Anyway, yeah, she’s a support I legitimately like for reasons that aren’t entirely gameplay-based.

4 Likes

I feel that too

1 Like

Laughs in 1 KScope :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Give it to me :fgo_daishouri:

1 Like

Sure, got any Black Grails?

1 Like

I just mlb-ed it few day ago :rofl:

1 Like

No :sob:

3 Likes

Very true all three look nice - me personally I’m probably going to go with her first ascension/sprite - main reason, and i know this will sound weird, but for me it always been an artistic pet peeve of mine when clothes for women in the chest area are drawn physically impossible i.e. the “fabric” is pretty much drawn/acting like body paint. At that point the clothes/dress doesn’t look like a costume, but just some kind of weird body paint non-sense.

Not saying that “style” doesn’t have its own merits - but from a drawing/clothing standpoint its just always jarring…

4 Likes

Yeah I could do without the cleavage window, but I like the sprite better than the card art for that Ascension. I’ll have to suspend disbelief in similar fashion to how Skadi suspends her boobies. Will imagine some Age of Gods double-sided tape at work.

1 Like

Japanese boob gravity strikes again!

I’m going for 1st ascension. I have a harder time suspending disbelief around boob gravity…

1 Like