Asagami Fujino usefulness in combat

Discussion

From what I heard, Asagami Fujino’s availability is extremely limited. Is she worth a shot as currenly I am saving SQ and tickets to (350SQ and 30+ tickets is my goal) get Skadi as my 2nd meta team after Waver. I don’t want to have a setback from gaining my target Servant which is Skadi after failing to get Merlin/Tamamo.

1 Like

Not over Skadi, no. Not with the amount of ST Archers out there.

4 Likes

Meaning she has competition for ST Archer?

1 Like

Yes, two of them welfares.

2 Likes

Leaning toward your stance,not risking Skadi,but just for clarification does Fujino work fine with a single copy or is she one you’re incentivized to get copies of?

1 Like

Truly, she gets beaten in that category easily. It is no joke, after all, that there are too many good archers.

Tomoe, Altera Santa, Kuro already beat her in the ST archer category.

The only good thing I can say about her that the others don’t share is the weird ability to have both Ignore DEF AND apply Sure Hit at the same time. However, since Altera and Chloe have Ignore Invincible and Sure Hit respectively AND are also welfares, she gets kicked off the usefulness chart easily.

As an extra fun fact: I just got Fujino and I’m grailing her to 90. Lovely girl, but if I need buster archer stuff, I just pull out Gilgamesh. If it’s just one Saber boss, I can use her just fine.

TL;DR
She’s good, but not good enough to dethrone any of the other kings/queens of the Archer class.

6 Likes

Duly noted,much thanks.

1 Like

NP1 is good enough.

1 Like

But even I pulled out 10 rolls just for her availability sake as she will never appear again in any event banner, but not getting her in the process, I am royally sad

1 Like

So it’s all comes down to choices

1 Like

Thanks for analysis. I got her with one random SQ single roll; I only did that thanks to her CQ where I got to enjoy her gameplay. Just wish she got a quest. However, her 3rd bond profile says she will never get an appearance in the story… Which is a shame really…

The lack of so much as even dialogue for my girl’s Trial Quest will never not displease me. A workaround could have been made for a fanservice character, not like Fate itself isn’t used to weirdness like this with how sprawling the Nasuverse has become.

4 Likes

They did our girl the nasty with the bond profile line that says (to paraphrase) that she will never have a story appearance. So not even reruns…

I wish they gave her a cameo like with Shiki Saver or Dantes. Or better yet, her CQ should have been a story mission. The trial quest truly and utterly disappointed moi…

2 Likes

Yeah as much as this franchise bends over backwards to make exceptions for the rules they could have done so for her, and I dont even care about knk.

I’ll go one step further, the “rules” in FGO mostly server so DW can make a new servant that breaks those rules in some way to sell to the playerbase. And this applies largely to Fate as a whole.

1 Like

So the quote “there’s an exception to every rule” truly is an “exception to every rule, huh?:thinking:

1 Like

Story absence I don’t exactly mind - it’s more-or-less the norm bar like, Dantes afaicr - but it’d bother me just as much if Touko was suddenly a rate-up, and was treated similarly. DW can surely pay someone to write a small script.

Now imagine one of her fans since like high school lol. Definitely agreed with regards to Fate as a whole, and honestly, it’s doesn’t bother me. Something like that is kind of inevitable with how much Nasu’s work has expanded, but when it’s particularly notable such as in a game meant to sell you on all these pretty and interesting individuals, ah man.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I know how you feel. Cleared KnK event, thought to finish it off with nice Fujino short story… this was dissapointing :fgo_circereally:

Whats more, she is not like the most ludicrous case of character made into Servant for FGO: between the whole deal with pseudo-servants just to bring popular “normal” from franchise to gacha, to the likes of Kiara as heroic spirit, and they go with “she should never been a servant, this is just extra for fanservice” :fgo_circereally:

2 Likes

I mean, I’d rather they just make it explicitly about fan service, like summer servants, than make up some new, weird inconsistency, like pseudo-servants.

Though, I actually think pseudo-servants, specifically, was a pretty good idea. It allowed both servants that they wouldn’t normally be able to make (divine spirits) and existing human characters possible as playable units.

3 Likes

For me it’s really as simple as “If they can work in Void passing by like a dream, they can do as much for her as well,” and work in some other dream-related shenanigans or such that FGO already uses plenty to travel between the “real” and “unreal.” More specifically, I don’t think her explicitly bizarre and for-the-fans appearance in the summoning system (to take it seriously for a moment and not see it entirely as the milking machine that it is), is fundamentally incongruous with even a short story.

Like, it’s all very easy to integrate without disrupting the flow of the universe’s order as established in FGO. You canonically have every Servant ever, ergo you have Shiki and also Shiki, who has obviously met Fujinon on top of coming from an “irregular Singularity” herself and literally just like Saber Slashy’s introduction at the start of the event is described in bio as:

[considering] her current existence to simply be a dream.
Just like Shiki, she is like an illusion that lasts only a single night… a being that will disappear if the Incineration of Humanity is not reversed.

So why not? You could scratch out something with you and Shiki and/or Shiki meeting in a dreamscape or something unusual like that, and some… I dunno, throw out something adjacent to what happened in the films here, show off Asagami. It could work, but they didn’t want to hire a writer to do it. And that makes me sad.

(Then there’s the… entirety of BB straight up cheating her and the rest into the system and SERAPH’s canonical resolution. Although, I thought that worked pretty fantastically for how it got established in-universe, but that’s another discussion I don’t want to bother with.)

3 Likes

They should just done it as another KnK route or an extra mission during the event so we get to see how would interact with both Shiki if they ever met as Servants for ourselves.

But nope, this is not even lazy writing. This pure laziness and a “can’t be asked” attitude…

So now we’re just suppose to wonder and accept how she got into Chaldea without any links to it prior like Shiki? It doesn’t make sense to me. It really vexes me.