Assassin of Paraiso General Discussion

A honorary member of the Snek gang, Assassin of Paraiso is an Assassin who really gets the short end of the stick.

Sometimes, a Servant evaluation really comes down to a numbers game at the end. Her kit is solid, her play style is fine and compatible, she actually quite fun to use too in a dedicated comp.

But her damage is just so poor. Only at NP5 does she actually outdamage Hassan of the Hundred Personas (granted, if you get that 80% card buff). You have to put in a lot of effort and extra turns to get the same result as other Assassins can do as well.

And then there’s the ominous Shiki standing above her, with not only an NP Upgrade coming, but also showing up this February to deprive all the other ST 4* Assassins on NA of their usage. It’s a shame, she deservers better (NP Upgrade when?).

8 Likes

Also worth noting as far as DoT damage goes post-buff Serenity outclasses her by a significant margin…

A ‘need buffs on release’ servant that sadly has yet to receive any.

Well, the DoT stuff I don’t even think is even worth truly considering in the first place. It’s why it hardly gains any attention in the writeup.

Yea DoT isn’t really relevant in gameplay, but it is just sad that even in that small area of specialty she is outdone.

2 Likes

To be fair, DoT is helpful on very rare CQ occasions. Very rare, but cases where the Boss has 100% Defense Up or something, the set damage from curse, poison, divinity, etc is useful.

But that’s just me being Devil’s Advocate, since yeah, in normal gameplay it isn’t needed.

You have to put in a lot of effort and extra turns to get the same result as other Assassins can do as well.

Shout-outs to her asking for 105 stingers/120 dust/36 claws. Except it’s not a shout-out, more like a call-out. Like heck Shiki asks for bones and dust but she comes right after Counterfeit and I’ve literally never had to worry about ST Rider-slaying since.

I didn’t know her NP gen was actually good though… I truthfully never bothered to look into that. Still, -10% crit chance and only Skill Seal seems… kinda meh, honestly, unless I’m missing something? Crit chance is worthwhile for helping to not get Oops Crit’d into danger territory, but those numbers are paltry; Sanzang and HFH make it work because -80% and -50% respectively at base utterly neuter crit chances. Hers is literally L1 Sabotage B+… or, also, L1 Morph (Infiltrate) C. Even disregarding gameplay a bit I’d expect her to not be comparable to Rs here (IMO her S3 might as well effectively also be comparable to e.g. Whim of the Goddess A, and only her S1 is really ‘aight’ by virtue of how justifiably rare NP Seal is on skill or NP, with only comparable cases being Asc/Benkei).

Like I’ve played with Edison and seen him put to good use, but he packs NP/Skill Seal + ATK Down/Crit Chance Down and with higher numbers, it feels like usually just what she’s got wouldn’t quite be enough… though she does have that evade. Maybe I’m just not giving her full package the proper due.

Just. Man.

A ‘need buffs on release’ servant that sadly has yet to receive any.

This. And sadly too because I find her design really charming.

To be fair, DoT is helpful on very rare CQ occasions. Very rare, but cases where the Boss has 100% Defense Up or something, the set damage from curse, poison, divinity, etc is useful.

Even for like the Summer Crabs I’d sooner take Kiyo/Serenity/Shuten… as for Demonic Dragon Descends, certainly not her. And that’s passed anyway.

Well, NP Seal on a 5-turn cooldown is really rather good. After all, you can use it on turn 1 right away.

The thing with Paraiso’s NP Gain, is that it is slightly deceptive (and only slightly) in that she disproportionally profits from Arts first starts. With 0.8% NP Gain and an NPAA-chain will profit really well from that (along with her Arts buff.) It plays well in practice in dedicated comps anyway, and then there’s her 30% NP charge.

Aaah… yannow, that makes sense, remembering how it also seals pip gain.

I’m glad that she’s at least got strong NP Gain going for her, at least. I suppose I’ll experiment with her if any friends pull her and raise her up (because goodness me I sure won’t). I hope the wariness is understandable… she really doesn’t put out a good name for herself in any respects given her competition. Shiki for Arts damage (no need to worry about disruption when the enemy just got sliced out of existence), Carmilla needs her NP SQ but can at least deal aight damage, Kerry will become another good Arts-stall type in short order… Serenity/Shuten for Poison stack… man.

2 Likes

I here she snek, I add to snek team! That is oddly all lolis…
Not like that’s a problem

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever had one servant drive me away from a banner entirely, but with a design like this…

No. Just no.

Idk dude I feel like there are worse servants you could get gameplay wise cough cough Stheno.

I didn’t say gameplay…

I know but still someone has to mention it just saying with her kit and what i seen with her stats they aren’t too bad they could be worse and i do agree with her first design its kinda meh but her ascension 2 or 3 is a bit better.

Stheno is quite niche, but at least she performs well in that niche (aka support Eurayle for charmlock strats) and does not have much competitors in that niche.

Any role that Paraiso is supposed to fulfill can be done better by another Assassin.

you do raise a fair point the only thing i could think she would be fine in is in like an arts team but it would need to be centralized around her

She’s really quite a badass in real life. Buff when DW?

Re: teams, I’ve seen her pull her weight in this [major spoilers for a Shimousa boss fight] as a ragtag comp, a nice [major LB1 spoilers] solo, and a double Tamamo setup during the Sparrow’s Inn event that I can’t seem to find for the life fo me.

Skills look kind of fun, so I would raise her if she comes to me. But I’m not going out of my way to get her. I have so few assassins compared to other classes that it would be a nice diversity improvement. At least looks way more interesting gameplay wise than Shinjuku’s assassin.

She’s in the general pool, so she’ll spook you plenty.

Which is good. I need an arts assassin to replace Kerry for Most Common Spook™

For some time she was my default assassin on JP.
Her deck and skills are handy but I didn’t have the support to use her properly so when a wellfare with potent buffs arrived she got pushed to the side and when the new bronze servants got released she got replaced for ST as well.
I liked using her but like Sizzle mentioned we will soon get Shiki so I’m going to pass on this banner, in the meantime I have Kerry and Serenity to cover my arts needs.

… and I just realized that she is also arts based and can curse but I guess she would be a downgrade in the dual Salome teams.

Why is this such a runing trend with Assassins? Do the developers forget that there’s an inherent 0.9x modifier on top of the poor stats they’re giving?