Astram viability

I was wondering if Astram is still worth investing in or does he get outclassed by a lot of ohet units? I know about Itsuki being better but I prefer to invest into Astram because I like him better. Main use would be Arena and maybe Aether raids.

Moving to Q&A because the OP didn’t read the message on how to use sub-categories.

5 Likes

Is that a fact?

Anyway, @Cam_the_Man

5 Likes

He’s a great Supportive unit in Arena, and his statline is solid for a lot of different builds. Itsuki has mixed bulk over him, he has being Support and more Spd. I’d say he’s still a fine choice for an Arena unit, but it might be difficult to find a place for him in AR.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say he’s better than him in general,maybe in certain situations,but the same can be said for Astram,so with that said Astram is still worth investing in.

4 Likes

While Cam shows up (or not), I’ll give my opinion too.

If you prefer Astram or even if you’re more or less neutral on the matter, I would go with Astram, especially for arena. They both score the same, but Astram is a support unit while also a very strong bruiser. He’s also a GHB unit we just got the rerun for, so he’ll be considerably cheaper. Itsuki is most likely better for AR though.

There’s also many more available dragon killers, even if Itsuki tends to be particularly good at it. There’s been some discussion on the Resplendent Roy thread on whether or not he’s a better choice than Itsuki (mostly considering Grail investment), and for the most part, I’d say he is, unless you particularly like Itsuki.

2 Likes

I find Y!Marth better in almost every way but he’s gone now :feh_legion:

Itsuki while also a significantly better unit than Astram in my eyes, has less Spd and no unique supportive abilities. And most importantly costs a lot more Grails :fehbirb:

1 Like

Itsuki is undoubtedly the better Arena unit. In high tier Arena where everyone is running Rallies, Astram’s Prf loses a lot of its effectiveness because visible buffs don’t stack – Itsuki’s Prf doesn’t have that problem. Astram also has garbage Res which is problematic against dragons, which are quite common in Arena (which is, once again, a big point in Itsuki’s favor).

However I always am for merging units you like, even if they are not optimal. After all, I’m the person who max merged OG Takumi and thus now has to endure an endless stream of CC fodder jokes.

2 Likes

Idk I see a lot more people praising him over Astram in general.

Yeah cool! I have Deirdre to deal with dragons so he should be fine in that regard. I’ll be going for Astram then thanks!

I prefer Astram above both Roy and Itsuki and I do have Deirde to deal with dragons. So considering Astram is a more supportive unit, That would be awesome for Effie and Deirde who are part of my arena core.

That’s fine for now but if you’re aiming for the top you’re gonna need her to be fully merged and have G-Duel Infantry for optimal scoring, which is extremely difficult and costly since she is a Gen 1 5 Star exclusive. If you’re gonna be investing that many Orbs in a dragon killer I’d say to merge up L-Julia instead – she doesn’t need a Duel skill and she’ll let your Earth blessed Heroes score even higher in Earth season.

1 Like

Well, do keep in mind Astram’s buffs only work on physical units, so Deirdre won’t benefit.

1 Like

I already have her at +9 (just got a lot of copies of her) and yeah I did give her green dual infantry. Are there any 4* sword units in the general pool that are better investment? Like maybe Laslow?

1 Like

Oh didn’t know that. Shouldn’t be too bad though right?

Baby Marth was probably the best summonable 4 Star option for swords because of how stupidly good Rapier is along with his statline, but his banner just ended and he’s seasonal so who knows when he’ll be back.

1 Like

I mean, as long as you remember it, it shouldn’t be much of a problem.

Although I can’t speak from experience, a +Eff Laslow with +Atk, DC, Vantage, a 2 CD special and Heavy Blade seal should be very strong. But one must keep in mind the requirement for his brave effect.

1 Like

Hmm yeah I only managed to get 1 copy but I didn’t want to invest all the gems going after him. Thanks for the help. I can safely go for +10 Astram now. I am probably going to replace my +10 Black knight for him because I want more mobility and support. My Current arena core is Black knight +10, Deirdre +9 and Effie +10.

1 Like

I was sleeping.

3 Likes

I figured.

2 Likes

I use Astram on Light season and he is able to clear it rather well. Some bad match ups though, L!Chrom and Ophelia are two of the top of my head.
He usually able to take down any sothis he comes across

This is without Light season buffs.
Lower the enemy speed while you raise yours. I do that by using the Temari one a unit as well.
Astram’s Prf also helps him score better in arena as well as provides support to stats which can be helpful if you have weapons such as Arthur’s Axe or the new Huge Fan and the like.
In terms of stats, Itsuki has much more res while Astram has more speed, their weapons balance the 3 point difference in Atk and Def.

2 Likes