At a crossroads in life

Should I join the US military or teach ESL in China? I’m 26 by the way. I’ll list my pros and cons:

• Military (probably Air Force)
  • ESL teacher in China

0 voters

Military pros:
-good pay
-can retire if i stay in for 20 years
-will learn things that will make me useful in the private sector
-free master’s degree classes (already have a bachelor’s)
-over time become more sexually desirable to women in my own culture

ESL teacher pros:
-relatively good pay (can live comfortably in China)
-can quickly find a job, and can always find a new job if i get fired
-instantly become sexually desirable to Chinese women

Military cons:
-would have to be without a cell phone for 10 weeks in basic training (bad for FEH career)
-might get shot/killed
-might have to shoot innocent people
-lose freedom of speech (have to speak very politely to people above me, can’t speak contemptuously about president or members of congress)
-getting fired would be catastrophic
-could take a while to get the job. might not even get it

ESL teacher cons:
-i don’t really like this job (I’ve done it before)
-little potential for advancement/retirement (but i think i could retire through parental inheritance)
-have to use a VPN for internet, which means slower internet

5 Likes

Wow this seems very serious to be on gamepress

Are these careers really what you want to partake in?

16 Likes

Yeah I don’t think we’re the people you should be asking this buddy.

18 Likes

Gah, stupid vote logged when trying to scroll!

5 Likes

when did this happen

13 Likes

Making decisions is always hard, and I have a hard time making key decisions, and might ask others for help.
While getting other people’s opinions is a good thing, asking people on the internet who don’t know you well & don’t know how you like to live your life, the small descriptions given aren’t enough. Also this is a very big decision for you. Advice can be helpful, but in the end, the decision is always yours to make. :feh_birbpeek:
After the results come in, maybe ask family & friends. They could probably give a much better answer than we could.

13 Likes

No. I’d rather not do any job.

8 Likes

That’s just what I’ve heard anyway.

3 Likes

Don’t settle for a job you don’t enjoy, life’s far too short for that. Believe it or not there is a profession out there that you could enjoy. It might not pay as well as other jobs, but hey, money isn’t everything.

I’d recommend you see a professional career advisor. They’ll be able to point you towards more options.

14 Likes

Personally, I don’t think a couple of weebs are the best people to give you life advice. I’d seek a professional for this kind of stuff.
Also, Pewdiepie is banned in China so that’s another con

13 Likes

I doubt they could help, but I emailed by old college career adviser department as a free compromise to your idea.

4 Likes

Personally I don’t know enough about you to give you any decent advice aside from go with what your heart tells you.

4 Likes

Um… I have no words for this but :man_shrugging:

I would say that’s the selling point for me, like @HeckTor said, why spend your life doing something you don’t like when you have the option not to? Missing a month or two of FEH shouldn’t really be an important consideration imo, I understand why you wouldn’t but real life ought to take priority. :feh_birbpeek:
Though keep in mind I’m 9 years younger than you so I’m not the most educated at this, I also echo the admonition to talk to people who know you better/are more experienced in this.

6 Likes

Holdvar up

6 Likes

Greetings good sir!

Tell me, do you know where the Black Eagles got it’s name?

3 Likes

Um, you?

3 Likes

Haha, you flatter me.

do it again

5 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m from the Kingdom and it’s been a while since I read about the Empire’s history in depth, would you care to remind me?

3 Likes

2 Likes

50ffeac0d972af935ff8742575a01c1e05da4c3c

How about don’t do this

6 Likes