-Atk or -Spd B!Eirika?

As the title says, got screwed over in my summons and the two versions of her that i got are bad in different ways. One is Hp+ Atk- and the other is Res+ Spd-

I’m planning on using the second copy for atk/spd menace and surge sparrow fodder so merging to fix banes isn’t an option for me rn. I’ll prob use her for just casual PvE use so its not the worst thing in the world, but im gonna use her in AR for her bonus season probably so making the “right choice” is something im worried about (even though there isnt really an objectively correct one to pick)

I was leaning towards atk- because it feels like spd stacking is so high at this point and that moonlight bangle will help her damage out enough to the point where -3 atk should hopefully not be a make or break threshold. Would love to know yall’s opinion on this!

3 Likes

Unless you actually have a specific unit in mind for the fodder, I would still say merge. She’s a really powerful unit, so you won’t be losing out.

If you really do need the fodder, I would agree that -atk is better than -spd.

7 Likes

I do, I just finished +10ing my Laevatain (my first 5* exclusive +10 since im f2p). I figured Atk/Spd Menace is probably her best C skill because it gives her easy self buffs and helps her win the spd battle even though her base stat is a little lackluster. I’m gonna hold off on giving her it until her refine comes out in 2-3 months hopefully, just in case it becomes redundant, but I summoned a second eirika just for her :)

5 Likes

I’d honestly take the -Spd one since her role is tankbusting, and they’re usually slow enough to still get doubled very easily

Whereas if you take -Atk, you potentially straight up miss the kill

9 Likes

Not with her special you wont. Luna+PRF B shreds through most things. Look at Halo for proof (his is +10 SS, but even so the basic principle is the same)

3 Likes

Do you know how much bulk a properly supported tank can stack? (Spoiler alert: it’s a lot)

You can’t afford to miss out on a single point of Atk if you can help it.

2 Likes

Right, but that bulk doesn’t exactly matter since both Luna and her PRF ignore it; in fact, the more bulk they have, the more will be ignored.

2 Likes

Well, %DR is also a thing that she can’t negate.

Regardless, I hardly see a practical benefit to choose Spd over Atk. Spd isn’t as important for a nuke as Atk, especially in this meta

Edit: also, you can “negate” defense, but you cannot negate HP, another source of bulk that especially comes into play when you consider stuff like Flayn. In AR where units potentially have +15 and +20 HP, you can’t really afford them any luxury. Even if you’re dealing 50 or so damage, if they live it due to a huge HP pool, it doesn’t mean anything

5 Likes

If they use DR though then she might have issues. I agree with TMFM, out of the two options -spd is probably the less worse one.

6 Likes

I’d have to run some numbers, but this depends on where you run her. If you’re using B!Eirika for AR or Abyssal content where HP values are really high, the Attack very much matters more. But for something like Arena Assault or other content, I feel like Speed is more important. Keep in mind that the reduction in defense only happens if she can secure a double. While she’ll tear through walls just fine thanks to her speed, NFU, and Null Guard, limiting her speed limits how many threats she can take out that aren’t pure tanks.

Basically, the way I’m looking at it, 90% reduction in defense means if a foe has 50 defense, they only have 5. If they have 50HP, that means you only need 55 attack to KO when the special goes off. B!Eirika I’m pretty sure hits a fairly consistent mid-60 at unmerged, so she can one shot a lot of threats just fine. The question is more about whether she can double to get that special off in the first place.

3 Likes

Also worth noting that her extra damage is based on her triggering her special, which can only happen once per combat. I guess twice if you run something like Moonbow and can trigger it on the first attack (which isn’t possible without a precharge or prior combat anyway), but using lower CD reduces the damage she deals. So in the end it kinda evens out

3 Likes

Yeah. She’s usually only going to get her special off once per combat, typically on the second hit.

4 Likes

Merge into HP. You lose the bane anyway.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the responses! I think I’ll prob go with the -Spd one since yall have convinced me that her attack is just a bit more valuable because of how inflated HP values can get in AR as well as the prevalence of DR. She still should have phenomenal spd in combat due to her weapons +5, surge sparrows +7 which brings her up to 51 spd, not even counting atk/spd menace buffs/debuffs, sacred seal choice, as well as Peony support if I run her in light season. Through my non-existent calculations, thats a lot and should hopefully be enough to deal with speedy enemy phase tanks.

5 Likes

55 speed with Peony on PP, and that’s without her menace (or any other buffs) or a seal. You should have no issues with increasing it even further if you feel the need to do so.

5 Likes