B Alm B Skill

For SD (to help with my headaches) and maybe AR as a secondary, looking to put Lull Spd Def for Balm. But I’ve seen a few DR skills like close call, which makes sense for longevity… what’s the best move here in your opinion?

• Damage Reduction (Spur, CC, etc)
  • Lull Spd Def
  • Other (specify below)

0 voters

Thanks in advance! Open to all suggestions

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re running something like DC instead of his prf skill in A, right? Not much reason to run DR when you’re wearing yourself down with constant recoil.

4 Likes

I think DR is redundant because as a player phase sweep unit he doesn’t get countered in most situations.
Lull spd/def will greatly improve his damage output and one shot potential.

Trying to turn him into a mixed phase or enemy phase unit is a waste of his full potential IMO.

4 Likes

I just use him for PP focus and protect him with Saviors during EP, so Lull it is. It’s also the scariest for me when I fight him. Hyper-offense is what he does best.

1 Like

No DC yet, but its an option I am considering. Right now my thoughts are destroy (so current base kit A skill) but survive the recoil in case his speed isn’t enough and he goes up against a tough opponent. I’ve got fodder for both (Lull/DR) and am leaning towards lull, I just see some merit in DR under the right circumstances and wanted to talk this out.

@kire @Dannwond Also good points. For SD especially, kind of seems like all-in is the best way to go to get the kill.

1 Like

He’s also particularly good for this map, with full 3 movement while cavs have a hard time without breaking obstacles. I had to find a chance to kill him with my Brave Eliwood while keeping Female Grima far away. Quite annoying when my Grima would be able to solo the rest of the team otherwise.

1 Like

I’m looking at swapping out L Sigurd (hate doing that) this map because of the cav space, especially if I wanna keep B Eiricka. No better replacement than Alm imo.

@Dannwond side note: how do you like F Grima? Mine is +5 (not a whale here) and considering giving her Dragon Wall and feathers. I just don’t know about her longevity without NFU and other good skills…

If his speed isn’t enough to get the sweep effect he won’t get much speed based damage reduction either.
Against bulky dragons I actually use watersweep on a budget in AR-D to make sure he survives most matchups.

2 Likes

Ah, true about the DR.

Heh, watersweep is a great, fun idea, too. Didn’t think about that, at least for ARD purposes.

1 Like

Yeah. I use Duo Idunn myself and she can survive and kill basic B!Alms, that’s how I got the idea.

1 Like

She’s quite good with investment. I personally use her a lot in pretty much every mode. Whether that will change sooner or later I do not know. She does want DW to shine. She was particularly scary in SD when using the NFU captain skill.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense! Thanks for sharing this. So many dragons, so few Walls to go around lol. But her and H Myrrh are top of my list at the moment, and i got one to spare.

1 Like

Not really sure how well AR-O would go but Flashing Blade, TP, Galeforce seems to work out well. If Hectors are being problematic TA effect cuts most down.

2 Likes

I was definitely thinking with a maxed out Balm and the right seals/skills/support, he would be good with DC for ARO. FB+Galeforce is always an option as well. Anymore it seems like I’m all tanking or all galeforce, not as much with the hit and run these days.

1 Like

Well, Myrrh seems to be a very scary Near Save candidate with DW and her refine, so she could be worth it depending on how merged and such she is. Female Grima should prove easier to merge further, even if by accident though, so your call.

2 Likes

Hear me out: Close Call

You move 3 spaces. Kill whoever you want and retreat one square. Ready to go again.

It also helps him if he needs to tank. I’m super happy with it.

4 Likes

Watersweep, Mystic Boost, Pass, Lull Spd/Def. Lot of options

2 Likes

I run mine with Special Spiral and Noontime for his special. With Scendscale he doesn’t really need a damaging special and the healing keeps him alive after all the chip damage, or since his def is actually pretty good I’ll have him tank physical units sometimes and it helps there too

2 Likes

Watersweep, for compleat uncounterivle

Special spiral

Pass, for utility since combat potential is already skyhigh. Making it easier to get to the targets is very viable.

Lunge, also a utility option
Hit and run, if you prefer a more pasive playstyle over aggressiv.

Vantage, if all other options feels mediocer and as low impact as adding a granade to a nuke. Vantage gives you a enemy phase, that synergices whit his prf A-skill. DR skills gets hurt to much by the recoil.

2 Likes

Close Call is really solid on him. It’s like a mini-trace+DR.
Lull Spd/Def 3 is best for tank-busting in AR-D imo whereas Close Call is solid for SD.

3 Likes