Best Position for DPS

What’s your favorite position for your DPS?

What’s the best position
  • On Top (1st slot)
  • Sandwich ( middle)
  • Behind ( 3rd spot

0 voters

For me, I’d like them sandwich between the two supports.

The only exception is when I’m running Gong teams and then they are on top.

6 Likes

Needs a fourth option: Wherever I have to make the least clicks.

8 Likes

DaVinci Rider is my DPS for DCS, so I want her in the front if only so she will now be present in even more menus. First ascension to match, of course.

1 Like

Normally sandwich but after Castoria leftmost has proven very convenient for her skills.

1 Like

I like to always progress from right to left, and I use both my hands when activating skills on the first turn, so DPS at the top is usually my preference rather than clicking from the right and left towards the middle.

3 Likes

I put DPS on 3rd spot (far right), I have twitchy fingers and sometimes double tap buffs by accident. This way even if I mess up the buff lands on the right character. I will concede that the DPS looks better on either left or middle.

2 Likes

Far right, it’s closest to the OK-button so targeted skills are less likely to go to supports :D

5 Likes

unless its a gong show, or soloing, i must put dps up front on the left. the way i unload skills is by going down the line from right to left. to me that just feels easier.

4 Likes

DPS has always been in the middle, ever since I started.

I’ve gotten so used to it, that I can’t see myself going back any time soon.

2 Likes

Atlas has whole article about minmaxing clicks, which includes position of the DPS
Idk if anybody here cares enough tho

2 Likes

people don’t disable the skill confirm :fgo_grampsnani:

I put dps in middle because of lowest average finger movement distance, except in some specific comp where that isn’t the case.

also because of this

10 Likes

People who put main dps into either side are wrong and should feel bad :fgo_bbgrin:

1 Like

When using DSS, I’ve always put Dantes in the 1st slot. It wasn’t intentional, but seeing him on the main menu was always great.

Now however with DCS, I do the sandwich because aw hell yeah, I wanna see Castoria as much as I can.

I’d rather the extra click then ruin a run with bad buff timing and waste the AP.

5 Likes

isn’t that what CSs are for :fgo_insane:

really literally double the amount of clicks is too much for this old man

4 Likes

Not if your first “going hard” lotto was the one with 14 Exhibition Quests and you built bad habits.

1 Like

Disabling skill confirmation was an amazing QoL improvement.

Besides, many skills take targets, so even if we fat-finger a button every once in a while, chances are good that it won’t be an issue.

6 Likes

Got to learn from your mistakes.

(jk it really is a non issue. I just don’t feel like tapping so much to the point I probably won’t bother with skill fast-forward when we get it :fgo_gudako:)

1 Like

On the middle for me, why? Because is more aesthetic of course

3 Likes

That’s my only reason really

4 Likes