Best skills for Rafiel?

So I pulled a Rafiel and was wondering which skills would be best to put onto him. Was thinking of going with WoM for his B-skill since he’s infantry and they don’t get around as well, but his beast form enables him to do extra damage when he procs a special, with a pretty high res to boot, so maybe make him a mixed support, anti-dragon/mage w/distant ward? Just wondering if anyone had any pointers. Oh, and he’s a +atk, -res. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I gave him distant ward to counter the dragons and mages that my melee specials can’t handle. WoM is always good on dancers and he could be good with Escape Route too since he has the speed to avoid follow-ups and then be in Escape Route range after one engagement with a physical foe. Drives work fine for C and S slots. As for a special, unless you are looking for Arena scoring, the only two options are Moonbow for fast procs or Iceberg for stronger procs. You could go Glacies but that’s too long of a cooldown without special spiral.

3 Likes

He has a lot of possibilities. Like he can stack the +10 damage with wrath in his b skill to put +20 damage total in any special he procs. You can go double fortress, or fortress + stance to boost his defenses and damage output. (I’m not sure if this work as fine as it looks tho)

You can go with double bonds + WoM build, specially if you have a tier 4 bond available. With extra skills like Infantry rush, breath, etc…

Distant ward can be nice to take mages, but even with the Atk boon, I’m sure he’ll lack the strength to kill most of the dragons without proccing his special.

Or you can go full support with sabotages in B skill, and Ploys in C and S. So even if he doesn’t get around as easy as his siblings, he can still be useful for his team.

3 Likes

I give all my dancers the same skills.

A: Fury and Triangle Adapt.
B: Wings of Mercy
C: Drives, Atk Tactics

generally the special is glimmer/moonbow. for Raphiel it’s Iceberg (w/thaat res stat - … yeup).
i am thinking, might just give him double fortress res, pop him on my light team, and have him take all that res debuff.

3 Likes

Yeah he’s basically blue infantry leanne. Any set she can run he can too. That bane hurts him but his res is so dang high it hardly matters. As a sidenote if you run WoM on him I wouldn’t suggest distant ward. The reason I say that is because NY!Selkie also comes with sabotage spd, which would get wasted on WoM set

1 Like

I like to think of him as the opposite of Mordecai
Singer vs Smiter
Heron vs Tiger
HP/Atk/Def vs Spd/Res

3 Likes

Yeah but his stats are almost literally “if Leanne had launched today” lol

2 Likes

I would give him something like this. He’s basically a hard mage counter, so may as well capitalize on it.

2 Likes

Fat glacies. I dunno yet. Playing around but don’t have feathers to finish +10 yet.

1 Like

Glacies: 60 damage

Literally any unit:

3 Likes

For some reason the builder doesnt let him put sing/dance in…

Im going to hope for something like this

i dont have copies but im not going hard rn

Atm he looks like this

1 Like

The general consensus seems to be that he’s a hard counter to mages, or generally anyone who uses Res as their damage output, so capitalizing on that while maintaining some level of support seems to be the way to go. I don’t have all the fodder at the moment, but I’m thinking something like this…

I’m mainly going to be using him on my Rein team, so I know that a better C-skill would be an infantry one, but atk opening works since he has the most atk out of the units I use. So yeah, that’s pretty much the build I’ll use. But thank you to everyone for giving your input, it’s been very helpful.