Book 4, Two chapters in

Ahh, I like some of the maps. The bridges are nice and I like the vibrancy of the maps. So colorful.

Okay, that aside, time for some story discussion.
Some expectations I had for B4 is Sharena taking a stronger stance in this book. That she’s the main character this time around to protect the trio. However, based on the dialogue (and the lack thereof), I am dismayed. Al continues to be the frontman of the story. We see more of his inner thoughts that are the foundation for a complex character. He’s already been established as a “complex” character since literally B1. Sharena continues to be the bubbly, somewhat incompetent one, and I can only sigh in disappointment. I already knew IS would shaft Sharena, but I thought there was a sliver of light that I could have taken hold.

Another expectation is an original story. But in the last part of chapter two, I have a feeling that Peony gonna be similar to Eir. Not that she wants to overthrow her mother or anything, but that she’ll either be brainwashed or turning to the other side temporarily. It’s just seeing similarities to earlier Books so soon rubs me the wrong way.

Main complaints out of the way, there are some things that I did enjoy.
One is the false preview during the FEH channel. In B4C1P2, Henrietta mentioned Gustav was just asleep. In the past 24+ hours, some of us were speculating that Gustav never died. Turned out, it was a dream. It was a good bait that I enjoyed. Also Bruno came back! But as a villain,which was very short-lived; just used with Veronica to segue into C2’s vs characters (Mareeta, Osian etc.)

Also, I like Loki coming back in. I really hope her arc is her fighting against Thorr, and basically they choose sides to support. Loki supports the Good Dream fairies whilst Thorr the Nightmare fairies. The Askr trio has to cope with allying themselves with someone with Loki, though probably temporarily.

I’ll continue this when I wake up.
But what do you all think of the story so far?
Anything you agree or disagree with my take?

2 Likes

Wait, I thought this part was a dream and he actually did die.

5 Likes

Also, for those few people who played Skyrim for “the story”;

Spoilers

This book is basically Vaermina during one of the Dawnstar quests.

6 Likes

Gurl, I already hate this. It’s confusing. But I love the evil Pixies, so I’ll suck it up for them.

6 Likes

@Kirchou When you think you’re playing FE but it’s actually Touhou 12.8.

6 Likes

It was okay
I guess freyia is the new hel :thinking:

4 Likes

All I want is dem Orbs

4 Likes

It’s so weird how we found the one lesbian fairy @ Peony

Also, Peony is too upbeat and it’s kinda annoying

2 Likes

Right. Gustav did die. But in one of the panels the FEH channel previewed, it seemed like Gustav was in some kind of eternal sleep rather than dead. However, running through the entire Part the scene was in, that was, in fact, not the case.

1 Like

So far so… okay?

I feel as if something similar to Eir will happen with Peony. She says something about a sister which for now I’ll assume is one of the two Dark Elves. So, she’s probably going to end up beating the big bad guy(s), one of who will be revealed to be her sister, saving the dream world, and the nightmare world goes away while she gets over her sister’s death within a few lines of text.

Eh, I’ll probably be wrong later but for now this is what I’m going with.

2 Likes

hmm, two differing theories, but both in relation to eir…
IS being original as always

ah well, i like the OCs’ and the maps’ design so far, so i shouldn’t bitch too much
15% percent through with the story already. I hope the story doesn’t get rushed.

1 Like

I mean our previous female OC’s have all been either angsty (Veronica), worried but forceful (Fjorm), or depressed (Eir).

So having a more upbeat OC to join our party is kind of refreshing.
I want to see development into Peony and Sharena’s relationship: How they were connected during Sharena’s youth and present subtle romance. Fjorm and Eir dialogue to the summoner and about the summoner can be interpreted as some affection toward us. The romance between the OC joining our party with another character would be, again, refreshing (If that’s how it’ll play out)

1 Like

Orbs looking real nice. It’s been a while since I hit double digits again.

2 Likes

Henriette getting axe’d was just a dream right?

I know the signs point to it, considering Alfonse didn’t really react to it afterwards and such but I’m kind of worried. I still have Book 2 PTSD.

3 Likes

Yeah, Askr still has their queen. Alive and well.

But it’s a bit interesting that Henrietta never succumbed to the enchanted sleep.
Does she have some magic resilience? Was she targeted so that she alone would be awake whilst her soldiers are asleep?

Also, what in the world was the point of the censer. Gave it a proper name and everything and it all amounted to nothing. Unless the censer was specifically meant to subdue the Askr trio. Maybe instead of putting Henrietta asleep, she was brainwashed to send the trio into the Dream World for a trap?

1 Like

Maybe it was Loki disguised as her? The censor didn’t seem to help much if at all like you mentioned.

1 Like

henrietta is actually Loki in disguise

1 Like

lmao

2 Likes

@OverpoweredSoap

ooh, that’s a theory. Loki has often taken the place of others, so maybe Loki’s the one who sent the trio off

@SoWhat
feh_bkhaha Loki never existed. Henrietta is the real villain all along.

3 Likes

IS could never
you as a parent either die or just never appear in the story by FE logic

1 Like