Bug or intentional?

So, curious happening. When I went to check the daily tab (had the game still running from the morning, just put my phone in standby), I noticed that I, for whatever reason, got the timed research from the Mega Lati event again. Was also able to finish it and get the rewards again, and it is now registered a second time in the list of finished researches. Is that a bug that occurred lately? :thinking:

Also got pics to prove, though beware, not in english language.

„Elektrogewimmel am Himmel“ is the german name of the quest line.

1 Like

Don’t know, but I guess it’s intentional, I took it as two parts of more or less the same research. Main thing I wondered about, did they plan from the beginning or saw that the lati mega raids were not the big thing they thought…

1 Like

But why would they start a second part of that questline during an event with no relation at all to the one before? :thinking:
Also doesn‘t say part 2 or anything.

1 Like

I read somewhere that (and you’ll be in no way surprised surprised to hear this) a niantic update fucked up certain tasks so they were reset or uncompletable. Hence this " bonus" task.

1 Like

Oh. This makes so damn much sense.

1 Like

I actually had the Shadow Latias run from me on one account but I caught 2 of them on a secondary account so I understand where you’re at, personally, if nothing else, it’s another Shadow Legend (one of mine is 96%, the other one is junk compared to that one…lol) so I’ll possibly send the junk one to the professor to get a candy or something like that when it gives 2x the candies for transferring or whatever…lol