Build advice

I’ve been working on Lon’Qu since the start of the game and now I’m pretty comfortable with the build I have but I’m looking for an alternative just to spice things up. Also, I’m having trouble picking a soild C skill. I have alot of good ones but I can’t stay with one. Any suggestions?

1 Like

@Eflakis and @GamingBro1
First ones that come to mind :)

4 Likes

Repel or Close Call for his B slot, or Shield Pulse for his B slot and Pavise for his Special.

You can also give him Distant Counter with Close Call or Repel, or something like Flashing Blade 4.

C skills depend on the team, so things like Infantry Pulse and whatnot can help.

3 Likes

So more like a bulky build direction? It’s different but sounds interesting. Thanks!

2 Likes

Also yeah important to mention that I am looking for Flashing Blade 4/ Brazen Atk/spd 4 just haven’t pulled them yet :frowning:

1 Like

You can probably just go with Dual Life and Death as an alternative option.

3 Likes

AoE Nukage. :feh_doublelion:

5 Likes

Oh yeah I have that too. I just don’t have LaD 4. If I did do duel LaD, what other skills should I put on?

Don’t fodder off your first or second Thrasir for FB4. Too many other A slots + FB3 seal are just as good to lose one of the best green mages (and AR-D mythics) in the game. I’d use the same build I put on my Echidna, but with Lon’qu’s prf weapon instead of her Slaying Axe (+Spd).

A - Distant Counter
B - Close Call / Repel
C - Atk Smoke / Atk/Spd Oath / Pulse Smoke (only for AR-O)
S - Phantom Spd

That seal only works for this build if you use one of those B slots, but if you do, it works very well.

2 Likes

Well you can go full offense, then a c slot could be something like atk or def smoke, maybe a rouse or oath. Or go defense w/ close call or repel/shield pulse+pavise, then def smoke

1 Like

ooo I have a pulse smoke I haven’t used yet so I can now I guess. And I don’t really mind killing any 5-stars since I like Lon’Qu alot.

Well. Get your hands on those new swanky nope skills like Close call. I guess thats all I got to tell ya. I dont really Build infantry units.

Yeah that’s what I’m hearing alot of.

2 Likes

You can also use a lot of other speed boosting seals, since his speed is so high already, you may not need the +10 for speed checks and instead take 4 from Swift Sparrow 2 or 6 from Darting Blow or Darting Stance. I like the mixed phase capabilities of Phantom Spd or flat stat boosts, but 2 Spd from Atk/Spd 2 or 3 from a +3 Spd feels a little underwhelming, but will help you double and deny doubles, unlike Phantom Spd.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Spicy Lon’qu you’ve got cooking there. Taking a more tanky approach definitely is a neat idea as people have been suggesting, he can become surprisingly bulky with all the new skills coming out. Not much to really add there except that if you wanna get em Close Call/Repel, giving em a healing Special like Noontime or Sol would work great alongside it to keep him healthy. And if you’re still looking for ideas, allow me to suggest running a Galeforce set:

(L&D or Fury with Flashing Blade Seal works till you get FB4)

This is my fine boi, and I can proudly say that he gets the job done right. Went with +Atk since he already has loads especially with his Weapon, but Spd caps are getting so high lately +Spd actually isn’t as bad of an idea as it used to be. He’s one of my main units for clearing Abyssals, and a blast to use.

Good luck using em. :feh_loncool:

1 Like

Ah thank you glad to be here! And thanks for the galeforce set! I was a bit nervous with my own but this one looks alot more reliable indeed. And I don’t have to pull anything for it either so this is another set I’ll write down.

1 Like

@BladetheWeegee definitely wanna go either close call or repel on that dual L&D one. With that kinda spd he’ll get to heavily reduce the counterattack damage(which with those defenses he grearly needs it). Whether you give him close call or repel is up to personal preference. Close call pushes you one space away after combat(hit and run), repel pushes your opponent away(knock back).
If you don’t have either skill at the moment Repel is currently available in the red orbs on the forging bonds banner, but I think close call would be better for him since your enemy generally won’t be surviving any encounters(making the knockback part worthless)

2 Likes