Can the game warn me about a weak connection *before* the battle starts?

I’ve lost multiple battles over the last few days due to abrupt “weak connections” and it’s getting really lame, especially when I get the warning right after the battle starts. I’m starting to feel like I should only battle when on WiFi, but that’s completely counter to needing to walk X km to charge up my battles.
If the game would at least warn me of a weak connection before I actually start a battle, I could at least have avoided a few of those losses. Obviously pausing the battle for both players when one is having issues or something might be better, but a preemptive warning would be something at least.

4 Likes

Someone move this, it belongs in PoGO.

1 Like

And yes, it is so annoying. I recall one battle where I experienced a weak connection and my A. Raichu just stood there and didn’t move. If I had gotten 1 more Thunder Punch off on that Bastiodon, which I definitely could, I would have won. Thanks to that, I lost a potential Scraggy encounter.

You do know that you can walk the required distance beforehand right? For example, after you have done 5 battles and it tells you to walk 3km, you can walk 6km instead and do the next 10 battles without having to walk anything in between.

Is it confirmed? Cause I’ve been walking more than 3km last time, definitely, did my 5 battles and then my counter was back to 0km.

Yes, Niantic even put it in their own post about Go Battle.

1 Like

My battles have been while connected to my WiFi over 95% of the time with 360gb and 0 ping. I don’t know if it’s taking into account the opponents connection or if it’s a server problem

[quote=“TristanBennett, post:1, topic:63229”]
I’ve lost multiple battles over the last few days due to abrupt “weak connections” and it’s getting really lame, especially when I get the warning right after the battle starts. I’m starting to feel like I should only battle when on WiFi, but that’s completely counter to needing to walk X km to charge up my battles.
[/quote] https://19216801.onl/

issue solved!https://openweb.vip/whatsapp-web/