Can we please talk about the new updates?

Listen, if some big name youtuber uses MEMES to deal with sloppy shit that are most likely FEATURES and not BUGS (!!) you know that your game isn’t going anywhere.

So, 3 points.

1. Fast catching will result in a white seizure flash popping up
  2. You can’t skip raid rewards in the newest update, especially on Iphone. (In Android clicking back will skip directly to the catch screen)
  3. Framerate drops that increae over time when the app is active, I never tested it on GBL but I already took more balls than I should to catch stuff over this.

People are EXPLICITLY saying that they lost motivation over this, if you want to see some reddit articles I could link.

And I doubt these would be fixed anytime soon considering they do not appear to be glitches, they are most likely deliberate.

I theorize that since Pokemon Unite is out soon and chances are it will be a better competitive environment than GO, Niantic is literally destroying the game so they go there or Pokemon Masters. (I don’t need to mention the XL Candy, paywalling or timewalling common Pokemon like Vulpix, Remote Raids or the overall piggishness of GBL)

Any thoughts?

The latest update definitely comes with a lot of issues that need to be sorted out. This is why I turned off auto-update for PoGo awhile back. There have been too many instances of updates containing way too many bugs in them. This one might take the cake though.

I very much doubt this. Niantic doesn’t always make what we, as players, consider to be sensible decisions, but the issues you’ve mentioned are most certainly bugs.

This argument doesn’t make any sense. Pokemon Unite is a very different style of game that’s being published by a separate company that isn’t Niantic. Niantic would have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they were to tank their game so that people would migrate over to Pokemon Unite instead. Multiple Pokemon games can coexist at the same time. Pokemon Masters was released in 2019, and Niantic didn’t throw their game away then. Nothing will change in that regard when Unite releases either.

2 Likes

but the issues you’ve mentioned are most certainly bugs.

The White Flashes and unskippable raid rewards don’t seem to look like bugs though.

There were other stuff that can be considered bugs but this is not. Heck, we had never heard of them since the last 2 weeks, nor are these in their debug page. I believe it’s deliberate for some reason.

So you think the seizure-inducing white flashes were an intentional feature? Really?

Niantic already announced, several days ago, that they’ve been working to fix that ASAP. Do a Google search for “Pokemon Go white screen flash” and you’ll get a multitude of search results confirming that is is a bug that’s in the process of being fixed.

1 Like

Niantic already announced, several days ago, that they’ve been working to fix that ASAP. Do a Google search for “Pokemon Go white screen flash” and you’ll get a multitude of search results confirming that is is a bug that’s in the process of being fixed.

If you don’t tell me, I don’t know, since their homepage, as far as I remember doesn’t have that in their debug page. I assumed it was deliberate because I do not trust them at all. Also it’s already 2 weeks since this bug is there.

Was this in December? Because Legendaries don’t drop 3-4 XLs every time during that time

It’s really up to you to do the basic research before posting, tbh. Same is true for anyone, really. Having an informed opinion is much better than a partially baseless theory.

Again, a simple Google search will tell you that the white flash is a bug that Niantic is in the process of fixing. I have my own issues with Niantic, but they certainly aren’t intentionally trying to induce epileptic seizures in a portion of their player base. They’re not that evil. :wink:

1 Like

Again, a simple Google search will tell you that the white flash is a bug that Niantic is in the process of fixing. I have my own issues with Niantic, but they certainly aren’t intentionally trying to induce epileptic seizures in a portion of their player base. They’re not that evil.

How about the unskippable raid rewards screen? Still a bug?

We‘ve had raids for almost 4 years now. Rewards could always be fast forwarded. Of course, Niantic NOW decided that this isn‘t the way of playing the game and absolutely ruins the experience for everybody, so they deliberately took that out. I‘m 0.1000% sure that that is the ONLY logical reason behind this.

Sarcasm aside, please stop making conspiracy theories out of everything. It‘s most certainly just a friggin‘ bug that came with the latest update.

1 Like

The white flashes are absolutely a new feature. What is a bug however, is the warning screen stating this game may cause seizures.

The raid reward screen is not a bug and with any luck, this change may finally get the OP to stop playing the game and consequently have no reason to ever post in this forum again.

You can skip on the Galaxy Store version.

They are just bugs which will be fixed, stop throwing your toys out of the pram and deal with it like a man.

Especially don’t cry about not being able to skip, and then post your new level 50 that you’ve just wasted tons of raid passes on in the past few days (so much for you only buying 500 coins a day :rofl:)

1 Like

Yup. The last couple of updates definitely had some problems.
The amount of time spent displaying 3 potions or similar is tiring at times, especially when it could all fit nicely on a single screen showing all rewards.

Now I have added my 2 candy worth, I will just take the opportunity to stop this thread devolving.