Can't find an opponent (summoner duels)

Does anybody else have the same problem rn? I tried waiting for around 5 minutes but nothing came of it. Is it because there are no other players in my region? :feh_elisad:

5 Likes

yeah same here, normally I find someone in an instant but now it’s looking like nobody’s playing at all. Not sure what the issue might be, but you’re not alone on this one.

8 Likes

Phew, thanks. That’s refreshing to hear. I legit got upset because I thought my unfortunate place of living is to blame, lol :catslam:

7 Likes

Yesterday it was new, today, everyone knows it sucks.

I did manage to connect with 1 person just before this though, so keep trying I guess.

9 Likes

@Umbriel your prediction came true, it only took 36h

good thing I got 1000 favor yesterday

7 Likes

LMAO THAT WAS FAST unlike finding an opponent

:bepismaximus: dead mode :bepismaximus:

8 Likes

I already sent a feedback thingy to IS. I tried like 10x today and every time it keeps going as high as 300 seconds and then saying no opponent could be found. Maybe IS needs to put like a bot option or something if no opponents could be found. Yeah, that kind of defeats the purpose of this mode, but at least we’d all be able to get the rewards without waiting to get paired up 1 match every 3 hours. Lel

7 Likes

I really hope IS lowers down the points cap for rewards because 1000 is just insane, even if you don’t go chasing dragonflowers, to get all the “good stuff” you need like 600 pts which is still very high (esp now when you can’t find match ups) :catslam:

6 Likes

Agreed, it should honestly be like 100 points for a win and 50 for a loss so you can get the rewards faster. The people that are going to play this mode more are doing it for bragging rights for their unit anyway

5 Likes

Do you realize the irony of that, right?

8 Likes

Nope.

2 Likes

He means you’re part of the problem

People grinded all the Favor in one day and aren’t playing anymore

12 Likes

Ah lol woops

2 Likes

It must be region-based because I’m having no problems matching with people

2 Likes

I’m not now, but as can be seen I was earlier. Either way setting it up to use “dummy” opponents if a match hasn’t been found in say 120 seconds would be a welcome change (not as welcome as giving the mode the Relay Defense treatment, but whatever).

1 Like

Ok where did all the people go who WANTED real-time pvp?

Fr how did it go from one of the mode requested modes to everyone immediately complaining that it even exists

3 Likes

At least I was never one of them.

1 Like

IMO it’s really fun, but I’m also having the same issue of not being able to find opponents today.
I think it’s because many reached 1k yesterday and aren’t playing anymore, and also because the matching system tends to look for a match with someone around the same amount of favor as you. Meaning now is even harder also because the rest of us still under 1k are very diluted all across the matching system.

3 Likes

Because those people didn’t know what they were asking for.

3 Likes

But why do people hate it so much? It’s balanced

It nerfed save skills like everyone wanted
It nerfed duo buttons like everyone wanted
It nerfed dance to offensive teams from running wild
You’re not required to run a certain unit or type of unit or blessing or merge count for scoring
Ranking barely exists
You still gain favor if you lose
Rewards are amazing
Rewards don’t reset so you can go entirely at your own pace
And the only truly unique reward(i.e. you HAVE to play this mode to get) is gotten at 100 favor, which is 5 wins or 10 losses. And again, no reset means you can go at your own pace

I genuinely do not get why people hate it

9 Likes