Challenge: Make an underwhelming refine :feh_reinpog:

Up today: Ophelia, Reinhardt and Surtr

The goal is to make a refine that is utterly dissapointing and soul crushing. In addition to some laughs, this may help us mentally prepare for when the actual refine turns out to be trash :feh_surtr:

I DON’T WANT TO SEE ANY GOOD REFINES HERE

13 Likes

ophelia: same base effect, defiant def 5 refine

16 Likes

:catsob:

3 Likes

Ophelia: When user initiates combat grants +6 Atk. (Doesn’t improve AoE damage)

Rein: Inflicts -4 Atk/Spd on foes during combat within 2 spaces. (More support than anything)

Surtr: When foe initiates combat grants +4 Def/Res. (2019 basic refinement)

Rein might want a rework since that’s really… really… not much of a refinement. Maybe something like omni-minus 2. Don’t want to make him too good obv.

14 Likes

omg, what is this 2018?!

10 Likes

Surt: After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Gravity on target and foes within 1 space of target through their next actions.

THERE’S NO ESCAPE
:feh_surtr:

14 Likes

Base Effect:
Def +3.
At start of turn, all foes within three spaces take 7 damage.

Refine:
At start of combat, if foe’s Hp ≥ 75%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

8 Likes

Here are mine:

Sinmara :feh_surtr:
Grants Def+3. At start of turn, deals 30 damage to foes within 1 space of unit. If unit initiates combat against a foe with HP = 100%, neutralizes effects that guarantee foe’s follow-up attack.

Dire Thunder :feh_rein:
Inflicts Spd-5. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice. During combat, boosts units Spd/Def/Res by number of adjacent allies x2.

Missiletainn :feh_oph:
Accelerates Special Trigger. At the start of turn 1 and 3, grants Special cooldown count -1 for each magic ally on the opponent’s team (max -2). At the start of combat if foe’s HP = 100%, grants Def/Res+4.

12 Likes

Dorcas Dorcas Dorcas
Dorcas: Dorcas
Grants Dorcas/Dorcas+Dorcas when Dorcas

12 Likes

I’d nerf it. Needs less Dorcas.

13 Likes

My attempt at a “reasonable” refine that while some good effects (at least 2 required) that don’t just outright contradict the base effect (i.e. Surtr’s with just if Foe’s HP = 100% clause) doesn’t quite mesh well with the characters main use

Ophelia: At start of turn grant +4 Def/Res to the ally with the highest Def+Res, If unit initiates combat and
units Attack < Foes Attack, grants +6 Atk and unit may make a follow-up attack before the foe can counter attack.

Reinhardt: If Foe Initiates, Spectrum +4. If foe has a bonus unit and foe cannot make a follow-up attack, If foe has a penalty reduce damage of foe’s first attack by 50%.

Surtr: If foe’s HP <100% Unit can Counter attack regardless of range. If Foe’s HP = 100% grant special Cooldown +1 per unit’s attack. At start of turn, Foe’s within 3 spaces can only move 1 space.

1 Like

Flower Hauteclere

Accelerates Special Trigger (Cooldown Count -1). At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, unit can move 1 extra space and unit can move to a space adjacent to an adjacent ally. If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+6 during combat.

At start of combat, if foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

Moon Gradivus

Unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per foe’s attack during combat.

At start of combat, if unit initiates combat and unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat and foe cannot counterattack.

Wind Parthia

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Effective against flying foes. If unit initiates combat or if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat, and if unit deals damage to foe during combat, restores 6 HP to unit. (Triggers even if 0 damage is dealt.)

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat.

3 Likes

Me with a Quadhart:

8 Likes

Ophelia:
Same base effect
(Eff) after combat unit is inflicted with Guard penalty

(Guard penalty) Skills that lowers units Special Charge before or after combat are ignored

Reinhardt
Same Base effect
(Eff) Unit cannot lower foes Hp below 1 HP

Surtr
Same base effect
(Eff) grants foe +6 Spec during battle and 50% of damage dealt is recovered to foe during combat

1 Like

That’s why I didn’t do Res too.

Reinhardt: if unit initiates combat, grants +40 Spd during combat, but unit cannot make a follow up attack and cannot reduce the foe’s HP < 1.

You motherfucker, I didn’t even read the thread

9 Likes

Ophelia: grants -1 CD to both unit and all foes for each ally who uses magic (includes unit.)

Surtr: inflict -20 damage to foes within 2 spaces of unit at start of turn. Inflict -6Atk/Def to unit x number of foes damaged by this effect for 1 turn (max of -18.)

1 Like

I mean to the user it’d be a terrible refine

1 Like