Chansey Raid

So Chansey is a Tier 4 now for some reason…

I saw this and I had some afterthoughts:

chance

At first glance, I thought Chansey was soloable as a Tier 4. But then I made some comparisions:

• Shiftry had 121 defense (Less than Chansey’s) and it was possible as a solo because it had double-weakness to Bug-type attacks and the rain made it possible. However, Chansey doesn’t and it has 7 more defense than Shiftry’s though.

So I tried the solo by using 2 Lucario and I’ve failed. Then, I tried the duo instead. Pretty easy one:

The DPS looks similar to Tyranitar’s raid. I think it’s because Chansey’s attack stat it’s so miserable. But I’m sure there’s so much mispread information.

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Chansey really falls into that “boring” class of raids. It’s impossible to solo, but a fairly easy duo. It seems somehow appropriate for the pink blob.

That said: great observations, and nice duo video! For those of us who haven’t gone out to tackle this raid ourselves, seeing an actual attempt with great counters really goes a way towards anchoring theoretical performance in fact. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! ^-^

A far I’m observing, in average, for a Tier 4 in order to be solo’ed (Reaching 50 DPS):

• It needs to be at least 113 defense in order to do it without weather boost.
  • 136 Defense if it sports a double-weakness with weather Boost (Depending on it’s type counters).

Tier 4 it’s an interesting field. Niantic throws random Pokemon on this kind of Tier, or sometimes upgrades some others in order to make it in that Tier. Anyway, the best source it’s ourselves ^-^

2 Likes