Charmers in GL and how to counter them?

Charmers really break my whole Great League team, as they keep on winning against me in the higher ranks. What teams do you guys suggest that has no corebreakers and can handle charmers. I am currently at Ace Rank with a rating of 2234 and I lost 2 to 1 win. Any tips? TAI!

I don’t care - charmers are not really present anymore in GL. I see them at a rate of less than 5 percent.
I have a team weak to charmers with only gunfisk countering them. I have a pseudo ABB Team, because A and the first B are weak to charmers, so I lose to lead charmers Teams, but I win vs teams with charmers as safe switch.
Bottom line still, I don’t care if lose vs a few thy. You can’t cover them all. If you change your team, you lose vs other stuff. Maybe changing the order will help? Or think about using another charged attack on one mon?

1 Like

Would probably be useful to know what your team is to know how to tweak it. Obviously adding a steel or poison type would help, or like @stativision said if one of your current team can learn a move of that typing maybe making a move switch.

1 Like

Poison is the all-around best anti-Fairy with Nidoqueen and Golbat being arguably best-in-type for GL. After that, Steel and Fire work well too.

I’ll admit, getting cheesed by a double-charm team that wins by neutral damage ain’t fun but like many things in GBL, there are trends. Just because you’re seeing a ton right now doesn’t mean they’re everywhere.

The 3 best anti charm in my opinion is nidoqueen golbat and skuntank. Now skuntankwould be more optimal here due to having only 1 weakness, but nidoqueen has better stats and golbat hits better with poison fang. Depends on what you require.

1 Like

Add Ferrothorn to the suggestions, very spammy (though weaker) steel move with possible attack reduction plus anti water/mudboi with Grass Knot

2 Likes

Good call! The spam actually works to your favor since the Charmer strat is usually to shield up and get lead advantage at all costs. Also, points for being able to beat non-charm fairies like Azumarill (which Nido and Golbat can struggle against in the 0 shield). It is a bit pricey though :money_with_wings:

Agreed! Registeel with flash cannon also works though. The problem is that there isnt a steel and poison type xD

I think nido can outpace though.

1 Like

Maybe until Paldea comes… but who knows? Maybe 2025?

1 Like

LOL

Registeel with zap cannon works equally well, if not better, since you might farm down some with lock on only :D

2 Likes

INdeed, since flash cannon kinda sorta… SUCKS

1 Like