Chill Discussion

I like how we’re still posting about how dumb :feh_cancer: is lol

5 Likes

Surtr at least had like 2 months or so before he was 5aken out of PvE… even tho he wasn’t honestly that hard to deal with. But yah the fact that they knew from the start of just how absurdly powerful Fedelgard and I guess Fimitri are that they instantly took them out of the PvE content is proof that they just don’t give a fuck about anything aside money

5 Likes

Well I mean she is powerful… but like I’ve said fallen off a bit since she has many counters now… and to think it’s already been nearly a year, can’t wait to see which Fallen unit we get to complain about being stupid op for a year in a few days

4 Likes

Yeeeeeah…really wanted fallen Chrom this year but I’m sure he won’t be there
maybe next year :catcry:

4 Likes

Nothing in life can be said to be certain except death, taxes, and Feh players debating about F!Edelgard.

9 Likes

6 Likes

I just came to say my opinion in the subject, I didnt watched the video but after reading some of the posts I can say that it took me like 6 or 7 months of continous playing to reach the status quo of tier 14 of AR and 15 of arena at the time, after a year I was able to +10 a demote unit and have it with a decent skillset, newer players can get busted units with the braves you get 2 free choices, one of the year prior and the one of this year, braves are units that while not invincible will carry you big time, as well as the free OCs, Reginn, Peony and Ashe are some of the best units for new players, they are amazing support and in Reginn case she helps a ton with story mode one of the main sources of orbs.

That said the biggest issue for me with this game is that demotes are only useful for PvE content, only if you go all the way out for one character to have the best skills at the time, they might turn useable on PvP, and that makes players new to the franchise drop out, because the game gives you a lot of orbs but they are useless most of the time because they summon units that not only are outdated but they dont offer any useful skills that could help you against the newest PvE units with perfect skillsets that will likely delete the new demote you could get from the same banner, is a continous slap in the face of “You got trash keep trying and get something useful”

It takes a while to get a regular income of feathers that is the main source to upgrading the demotes, and is not worth building a unit that is going to get outclassed next month using the resources that could take you 4 months to get unless you like the character or need a strong unit for limited battles, Usually I struggled with Awakening limited GHB, I got L! Chrom and V! Robin and they go smoothly, having Yenfey is also a bonus. Really this game has always been a go for the newest 5 stars or dont bother, building demotes is copium to keep playing this game, I stayed this long for favorites but people that dont know the franchise will leave after like 3-5 months.

You know the game is bad when it is compared to this.
FEH is gacha and in my opinion is the worst type of game, still I know they need to make money and I wouldnt tolerate adds every time I want to move a unit. They release this feature that was called heroes path or something but almost all the units on it are unusable without heavy investment, a little upgrade each year would be nice, also a summoning pool readjustment to set the gens 1-3 demotes aside of the 4-6 so my orbs are worth something.

Thanks for reading this Rant-Essay have a nice rest of the day =)

3 Likes

Oddly enough, FEH nowadays feels more like a Trading Card Game than an actual Gacha. I don’t think this is what the FE fans signed up for.

Sure, Summoner Duels is a meta toxic mess, but we can now be slightly optimistic for the future; we now have the technology to do a play-by-play co-op. Let’s be cautiously optimistic about the future. The potential for a co-op mode where whales are revered and not feared is definitely there.

3 Likes

I mean, isn’t that how a lot of Gacha’s feel like… aka collecting png’s

6 Likes

Or it could end up like this :feh_eirikabulli:

Also I’ve heard from people who played it that the co-op in Dragalia had the issue that unless you ran the top meta stuff then nobody would want to actually have you with them, thus making it difficult to actually find and play with people. Also engaging co-op tends to require teamwork and communication, something I feel Feh would not implement very well.

3 Likes

Langrisser’s gatcha had a pretty good co-op mode. Let two or three players select 1-3 of their own units, sort of like a raid fight.

The only issue with that is that FEH would have to implement a basic text chat system, and they’ll never do that.

Too bad Langrisser focused heavily on PvP after launch. FEH needs more characters with large shoulder pauldrons.

5 Likes

Armored generals entered the chat.

2 Likes

I debated about weighing in, but to put a spin on an old quote, FEH players have predicted 10 of the last 0 deaths of FEH. People frequently complain that things that bother them about the game are killing the game overall, and they just aren’t. FEH didn’t die with the introduction of FEH Pass, the release of F!Edelgard, too many 3H banners (and before that, Awakening/Fates), Aether Raids, having Duos dominate T21 Arena, Summoner Duels, etc. Sure, profits might be somewhat down compared to the peak, but it’s still bringing in tons of money annually. I am confident that FEH will continue for at least 3 years, guaranteed, almost certainly 5, and likely more. The new Warriors game will add alts and new characters to FEH and I’d be shocked if there wasn’t another mainline FE game in the next 5 years, which will have a whole bunch of new characters and alts. FEH isn’t going anywhere for a long time, regardless of any poor powercreep/balance/mode/whatever decisions.

With that said, I agree that the game is better when it is more balanced, and they should strive to make the game as balanced as possible.

Briefly, on new players—it’s way easier now than it ever was to be a new player. Way more story orbs, much better starter banner, great starter resource pack, and vastly superior informational resources like GamePress or FEHtubers to make better decisions. I don’t know of any popular competitive video game where you can just jump right into top tier competitive play as a beginning player. That’s simply unrealistic. If you think months of play is a lot, try being top-tier in games like Call of Duty, League of Legends, StarCraft, or Chess. Try being a top-tier musician. Skills take time to develop.

Eventually, the game will die, and there’s a good chance that a lot of us in this thread will be there when it does, talking about what did it in and where we will go next. The reasons it’s so successful is that it gets a lot right. It’s relatively generous for a gacha and getting more generous over time. They really do a good job on most of the visual and auditory art and translating units from FE games into FEH. Building units and maps is actually fun! PvP might get frustrating, but each mode they release would be an entirely new game for most franchises, which would mean losing all your work/time/money on each new release. And, let’s not forget, there aren’t many high-quality F2P games, and it is possible to do quite well as F2P or “Pass2P” and compete on the highest PvP tiers.

I don’t regret playing the game. I play it daily and I enjoy it daily. Sometimes it frustrates me, but my overwhelming experience has been fun. I like that I can build up my barracks and improve over time and know that, if I do it right, those units will be useful for years to come.

9 Likes

Still waiting on Wallace.

2 Likes

And Ishtar for whatever reason

2 Likes

Honestly, one of the only true ways FeH will die is when the mass majority of the whales stops playing the game for good since they are the ones truly keeping the game alive

4 Likes

Except like I said before, being in the top tiers of most PvP modes in Feh isn’t necessarily a matter of skill. It’s mostly about having more of the many broken units in this game. Arena is where this is the most noticeable due to the way scoring works. Meanwhile AR and SD may not be purely so but whales will still have an advantage by having those units, plus AR still rewards merges on mythics with more score as well, albeit its not as significant as Arena.

People aren’t complaining about PvP because they aren’t “good enough” or something. They’re complaining because this game is unbalanced as hell and people who drop a bunch of money on the game have a significant advantage over those who don’t, and not necessarily because of any difference of skill.

And also to make it clear, I’m not saying you can’t do well in these modes while still being f2p or a low spender. There are plenty of people who have proven that you can. Just that whales are going to have a significantly easier time doing so, which I think is where people have issues with things (and just the general lack of balance).

4 Likes

Yep, which is exactly what I said myself. Even if the casual player base dwindles the whales will keep it alive. At least for a time.

2 Likes

I think you are largely overestimating what a new player can do with their ressources.
As a new player you might have all the ressources in the world but you have no clue what investments are worthwhile. Don’t tell me that you’ve never done dumb stuff when you were a new player?

I remember I had to watch youtube videos on what seals were the best choices to upgrade first because I simply had no clue which skills were actually good. Or videos on what units were save to send home for feathers or which units were worth upgrading with feathers. I have a couple of units that I merged at 4* level and never used later.

As a new player you have no idea that the starter hero fest is a really good banner because mythics and legendaries are rare. You might as well spend your “thousands” of f2p story orbs on outdated revival banners because you just don’t know better that they aren’t “meta”. I spent around 250 of my own first story orbs for one measly copy of Kinshi Hinoka, who was pretty terrible at the time but I really liked bow fliers. My first 100 grails went to Spring Loki for the same reason lol. :man_facepalming:
If you know how to invest your orbs well from the start then kudos to you. I doubt there are many of you around.

Among all the available content new players don’t even know which events to focus on for their invaluable ressources - Tempest Trials for example. I’m pretty sure I missed at least one or two TT reward units before I figured out that I can get a free unit from that.

It’s just too much stuff to take in. Besides playing you have to invest a lot of time into reading or watching guides and I think that can be overwhelming at some point. I’m 100% sure new players won’t enjoy any of the summoner duels variants one bit.

If I’m a new player and I have no idea what Fire Emblem is then would I choose to download the app and keep playing? I’m not so sure. I’d probably try Genshin first because it looks much more amazing and it’s way more popular.

2 Likes

Sure it is. No amount of money cancels out incompetence. Money helps, absolutely, but you do need skill to make those units work.

The reality is that taking every alt of your favorite characters to +10 is not going to make you competitive in top-tier PvP. For some reason, people really want competitive play and “+10 every alt of my favorites” to be the same thing, and they simply aren’t. Unfortunately, for that to work, every unit would have to be viable in PvP, because everyone has different favorites. Hundreds of units would have to all be balanced not only in the current meta but in future ones with refines and whatnot, and given the gacha game model, it’s nearly impossible to do this without some units being mediocre or bad and others being excellent.

Don’t get me wrong, they have messed up and made a lot of overpowered effects. Brave effects generally are way too good. Duo Dagr’s “everyone gets Pathfinder” thing was a terrible idea. L!Sigurd’s movement thing is too much. And having those key units unlock strategies that are otherwise unavailable. But, those key effects from those units happen with just one copy of the unit. The extra 10 merges matter a lot less than that first copy (outside Arena), which is what makes F2P/Pass2P able to get that one copy and keep up. That’s why the spark mechanic is so powerful. If you needed 3 merges to unlock the Duo button or if new effects appeared at different merge levels, that would be different, but you just need the one.

1 Like