Choose your legends #1 ranked unit and their refines

I just realized something. I kept hearing Akarris and his followers talking about how Dimitri might get the next busted refine. I thought it should’ve easily been Edelgard by trend, so this confused me.

Here is why.

I had been assuming forever now that Ike, Hector, Alm, Edelgard, and GK were the #1 overall units, voted highest of all even among both genders.

After some research, I was wrong about Ike… Lyn was tops. Yet Ike got the amazing standout refine. That tells me that maybe next year Dimitri in fact could get a much better refine than Edelgard. Especially considering Edelgard is pretty amazing right now and Dimitri needs work to overcome his pretty sad resistance.

So, curious on your thoughts. Seems with all the heartburn people have over the 3H rivalry, I need to create two polls here to avoid favoritism, or at least curb it. So here we go:

Who do you WANT to get the best CYL 4 refine?

• Edelgard
  • Dimitri
  • Claude
  • Lysithia

0 voters

Now with that out of the way.

Who do you THINK will get the best CYL 4 refine?

• Edelgard
  • Dimitri
  • Claude
  • Lysithia

0 voters

Carry on.

3 Likes

Considering that she’s already the best of the group, Edelgard definitely doesn’t need to get the best refine. She doesn’t even need a refine honestly.

14 Likes

Want: Dimitri.

His Def based DR is excellent when stacked with an Ideal or Unity. His guaranteed follow up is solid and makes him a great baiter. The problem? Hecc. He forced people to make counters to a blue tank, and anything that can kill Hecc can obliterate Dimitri. So something as simple as auto-vantage against 2 range units would solve that. And I’m sure they’d slap some stats on it too.

Get: Claude

50% healing is dumb. And IS has a track record of doubling down on dumb shit. So watch him get special spiral and canto built in.

10 Likes

Ike did get #1 overall but he got hurt by the vote split; his PoR version scored 33,871 and his RD version scored 17,684. Lyn scored 50k

6 Likes

I always saw the trend as ‘whoever was the most OP upon release gets the tamest’ tbh (See Lyn, Veronica and Micaiah)

Other than that I don’t think there’s a clear pattern. They do have a tendency to buff popular units who weren’t relevant though so that’s that

12 Likes

Those are his prf skill, not his weapon. Not saying they couldn’t use an upgrade, just pointing that out.

4 Likes

Miccy’s was tame but excellent for her. Yunes whispers and Def/Res menace means she gets +10 to all stats, total 16 to Def/Res, and an additional +6 Atk/Res. It’s deceptively strong and I’ve seen plenty of people underestimate it.

4 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t commenting on the weapon, just the unit overall. DC plus breath is simple, helpful, but he as a unit needs more to compete.

That said, I have a person on my FL with him at +10 with Atk/Def ideal and Atk/Def menace. He is a goddamn monster.

4 Likes

Poor Lysithea :feh_lysitheasmolface:

3 Likes

Oh is that what happened? I looked back on the CYL site and it showed he had significantly less than Lyn and even lucina. If what you are saying is true, that definitely shifts my original theory back in motion to Edelgard.

4 Likes

It’s also why Marth lost early on too iirc. Vote split. Hence why votes were combined going forward.

6 Likes

Right. I wish I could disagree so she would get built in save or something. Tbh all I want with her is some +1/-1 CD stuff.

4 Likes

Marth I remember, which is why it took 5 years. Had no idea Ike went through that also.

3 Likes

All right then, I think Edelgard would be a sure thing in this case except for one thing. Like @Thehalohedgehog said she is still really good. Ike Hector and Alm needed work after time went on by. Edelgard is aging much better, which might ironically hurt her.

4 Likes

by next year she’ll need more help = busted refine :feh_edelsmug:

1 Like

Yeah, Bagel hands down aged the best of CYL 4

An armor with built-in March+Ground Orders, Slaying, DR, and both phase follow ups is just ridiculous. Gustav is a better armored DR tank, but no other armor can approach Bagel’s ease of movement, and her extremely minmaxed statline and dumped Spd means Spd creep is irrelevant to her. Pretty much the only thing that keeps her from staying at the top of the top is Duo Líf

She’s still extremely good and any refine would just be icing on an already stacked ass cake

3 Likes

Which is why she probably won’t get the best refine.

IS is weird insofar as they release broken units, but then give them bad refines.

B!Lyn dominated the meta, so she got the most tame refine, which seems to be a trend for CYL at least.

3 Likes

One of these days you’ll learn how to spell her name right

5 Likes

Be patient Halo…B!Eirika will get her busted refine the year after lol

4 Likes

we were just talking about this in the meme thread earlier but it’s hilarious and sad that the 3H braves will get refines before their OGs because IS is moving slowly with refines

I hope B!Dimi gets the most busted one of the batch and B!Claude should get anti-Fatal Smoke for the lolz

5 Likes