Choose Your Legends Disappointment?

Is anyone else feeling kind of underwhelmed at the new CYL units? The art is cool and all, and they have objectively good skills and solid stats. But it just isn’t speaking to me.

In the past years I’ve always been pretty excited for it, whether the first year’s game-changing releases in Ike (Steady Breath) and B!Lyn, or the second year’s best blue armor to-date in Hector (and hey, it’s Hector!) and the thrill of having gotten Veronica in the game, who “wasn’t supposed to be released yet” and her actually being amazing.

This year, the only character I really have much interest in is Camilla, and her being the healer feels like she got the short end of the stick. (I don’t find healers all that exciting usually, what can I say.)

I know we don’t know the unique skills yet, but they won’t be inheritable anyways. I’m just not really that excited for the event as a whole, which is a shame.

What are your impressions of the new units? Am I totally off base?

1 Like

I dunno about everyone else, but I think they’re relatively cool. They may not have a whole ton of revolutionary fodder, but they seem great as units.

8 Likes

I agree with you, but since I wasn’t here for the last two CYLs, I’m glad it’s like this. Even though I’m willing to pay for orbs, I’d still prefer to spend as little money as possible, and I really need to save orbs for L!Eliwood, L!Alm, and L!Lucina and more copies of Ophelia, Lewyn, Edelgard, and either Blyth(e). Hopefully, I can also get some Nah for bonus doubler fodder as well. Still debating whether I should pull L!Eliwood for Sparrow 3 fodder, since Karla would need it. The only character I want to spend money on, assuming my RNG is good for everyone else, is instantly getting a +10 Karla.

2 Likes

So far no, they have not lived up to the hype for me.

1 Like

Each CYL has at least one unit I don’t really care about.

CYL 1 - Brave Lucina and Brave Roy.
CYL 2 - Hector, Celica, and Veronica.
CYL 3 - Alm (still don’t know Micaiah’s prf skill)

CYL 2 was my least favorite so I’ll happily take this CYL over the previous one.

Also I agree on Camilla. I hate that they made her a healer.

2 Likes

I like Micaiah a lot because she has a stand. :feh_rein:
Camilla finally has a great art and seems to be an unique healer !
Eliwood, naissu dragon and beast slayer !
Alm, well another one but he’s a strong PP unit…

So no, I’m happy with these CYL 3 units !

7 Likes

Bruh how are you not hyped for Eliwood?

Fe7 ending

My man said he’d see you again in the ending bro, he kept his promise and popped up in the exact same garb when you leave him in fe7. That’s some hype stuff bro

7 Likes

That’s pretty cool actually, thanks for the backstory! I didn’t finish FE7, lost my save file too. It’s the first main FE game I’ve played though. (Hence why Florina is da best)

Thank you! Glad I’m not the only one bummed by that. But yeah, if this CYL only has one unit you don’t care about, it’s about to be great for you. I hope you have some orbs saved up!

I’d say off base, this doesn’t really feel too different to me. One of them is probably gonna be a headache to deal with, while the rest are just solid overall. Maybe this seems different in hindsight, because CYL has never been that impactful besides one annoying pick. Last year alone, all but 1 of the picks were outclassed almost immediately

3 Likes

That’s an interesting take. I feel that though, it’s good in a way, so I can save orbs too. Unless I go in for some fodder. Best wishes getting Karla

I actually like this batch the best art and characterwise and that matters the most to me. But poor Alm

1 Like

I’m so confused why so many people are agains the CYL perps

2 Likes

I personally don’t really care about any of them either. So you aren’t alone

2 Likes

On the topic of her being a healer.

Calling her a healer is,in my opinion,a bit of an understatement. She doesn’t have access to anything in terms of offensive specials,but frankly,from her staline,to me,she shows off more as a prototype for colorless mage.

I consider her a colorless mage for that matter.Her statline is very offensive,she was clearly built as an ‘‘afterthought’’ healer.And IS gave her skills within the realm of possibilities for a healer category.

3 Likes

This is the most interested I’ve been in CYL yet, but I get why some wouldn’t feel the same way. From a gameplay standpoint, they’re not really adding anything new. Micaiah is literally a green version of her other varients to complete her weapon trio, Camilla is just a plain offense oriented Healer, Eliwood has a basic blow effect with a bunch of effectiveness on it solely because of the meta and Alm is yet another infantry swordie.

1 Like

I’m literally okay with everyone else except Camilla whom I voted for,I expected her to be an axe unit and micaiah to be the a staff unit,but nope :joy: I’m rewarded with this BS.So,I’m not spending my orbs unless there’s some all amazing inhertible skill to give to 1 of my +10 units.My free summon is between eliwood(that lance omg)and alm,(art is sick,damn !)leaning more towards eliwood since he’d be more useful.This CYL was a disappointment for me.

1 Like

Yeah, they did Hector dirty… I had just decided to +10 him too. Classis IS haha. Maybe you’re right.

Big agree. I’ve always thought of Healers as colorless mages from the beginning, but they never really got the Atk/Spd Push to allow them to be comparable with color mages until now. They may lack the Specials and a good majority of utility skills that non-Healers can get, but Camilla’s kit is as close as it gets to allow the class to finally be able to compete with proper mages. I like this direction and hope that future healers will start to go the route of Camilla rather than the more basic Brady and Mercedes that we’ve gotten recently.

1 Like

How did B!Hector get outclassed? Who outclassed this man?

1 Like