Christmas has me thinking

With how many Christmas events we’ve seen in FGO, I’m surprised we haven’t seen a Santa Clause servant. And by santa, I don’t mean like Artoria or Nightingale dressed in a Santa outfit. I mean honest to God St. Nicholas.

7 Likes

could be a random fun servant.

ruler St Nicholas, has a transforming NP that makes him into an avenger Krampus. Idunno, i’m not creative lol

5 Likes

patron saint of sailors, merchants, archers, repentant thieves, prostitutes, children, brewers, pawnbrokers, unmarried people, and students in various cities and countries around Europe

I see potential there.

7 Likes

I’m just surprised that we don’t have Santa Nero. Maybe DW doesn’t appreciate the padoru meme? Who knows

Anyway, I would appreciate St Nicholas or even St Georgios as new Santa, but I don’t think we’ll ever get a male Santa, I hope I’m wrong tho

5 Likes

Summonable Padoru when DW? :feh_ardenwoke:

Let it salt the padoru haters even more, and let me add another Nero to my collection

2 Likes

Because “normal” surprise servants are more interesting
than themed ones ? Or at the very least I wouldn’t see St Nicholas being more appreciated than the many unreleased FGO servants. I like to think that they see Christmas as an opportunity to “”“gift”"" something to the player base not to celebrate the tradition itself and thus as an area in the year where they can release something that they couldn’t previously.

1 Like

same…

7 Likes

Avenger Grinch!

2 Likes

He would be an interesting addition to the saints club, but failing that I would like the Christmas servant to be a guy even just once. Not that I think it will actually ever happen

8 Likes

Shota Ozy Santa still needs to happen.

Or the usual asshole Gilgamesh but with a Santa hat and Christmas-themed war paint firing lethal volleys of holiday gifts from the Gate of Babylon: North Pole Edition.

18 Likes

I mean, the things of geting a servant doing the roll of santa been a welfare means that the people that like that character but don’t have it can get that character without needing luck on their side.
And Santa Claus as a servant would be more then just St. Nicolas, the figure of Santa Claus is a mix of a lot of tales of Europe, like for a little example Odin. So he have more potential then some people could think

No welfare Nero at all to date, it’s fairly inconceivable.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a St Nick that is a horrible amalgamation of all the legends and traditions of the character rather then just regular Santa Clause. That would be more fun, as an American our media is already overly saturated with Classic Clause so I would rather have a new take rather then retread old ground. Double down on his patron saint status, he has what might be the most wildly entertaining patron saint status I have every heard of. Its like the Catholics put all the fun Patron Saint status into a single saint. I am sure there is a religious story as to why but I don’t know it so looking in from outside its kind of funny to see.

3 Likes

Artoria may be the face of the game but we know who DW’s real cash cow is

1 Like

Well, there is a story of Saint Nicholas punching a heretic in the face, so he has potential as a servant.

Also I think it would be really funny to have Saint Nicholas summoned as Santa because most of the modern takes on Santa were made up by Coca-Cola for their advertising. The event could even play out as all the Santa servants wanting to challenge him for the position of Santa despite him not even wanting it since it was all made up after his lifetime, the whole present thing comes from him throwing money down a chimney so that a man could afford the dowry for his daughters to get married so that they wouldn’t have to turn to prostitution (hence him being the patron saint of prostitutes). It would make for quite the funny event.

5 Likes

Odin as Santa also happens to be a character found in the Dresden Files universe, so I can get behind that.

5 Likes

Santa Robin, except all the gifts are just stolen from Elisabeth’s castle

6 Likes

sherlock as santa and he’s addicted to coke

12 Likes

And if the rumors about her Rider form are true, she’ll be another limited 5 star, or something like that. I don’t envy Masters who don’t have even a single Nero in their Chaldea, poor souls :fgo_meltpensive:

3 Likes

I dunno why, but the first thing that came to my mind with the mention of the jolly red man is the slasher version one with an axe.

Ah yes, that time of the year when we decide the good Zasshu from the naughty ones. The generosity from the GoB would be astounding! (Naughty ones would probably get rained down by the usual volley though.)

3 Likes