Christmas Weapon Effect Speculation

What sort of effect do you want from the new weapons? Personally, I wouldn’t complain if it’s the same effect as last year but a green tome for Sylvain.

5 Likes

Reverse Brave weapons that only activate in Enemy Phase. Because I think that would be neat.

21 Likes

Those were this year’s Valentines weapons already

6 Likes

Oh oop :feh_morganagrom:

1 Like

I like this one. Give the same unit an impact so they screw the enemy in both phases.

2 Likes

Unit is turned into a Padoru during combat

2 Likes

they’re already pretty padoru looking :catdance:

3 Likes

Kinda like Sully’s weapon? She’s the only one that I can think of that has an enemy phase only brave weapon.

Well let’s see what kind of effects we have already:
New Years: Sabotage?
Valentines: Impact + stat boosts
Spring: Within 2 spaces of an ally, boosts stats + neutralizes penalties
Bridal: Bonus = stats and special charge per foe’s attack
Summer 1: Rein
Summer 2: Once per phase stats + mystic boost
Pirates: Solo lull
Dancers: Stats and conditional DR
Halloween: Breath versions of Pirate inheritables and Spring inheritables
Ninja: Brave weapon with more spd (and +1 Mt), but less bulk
Christmas: ???

9 Likes

Yeah that looks right

1 Like

Maybe a little powerful, but I wonder if we could get an inheritable that grants a guaranteed follow up? Of course with somewhat heavy conditions to it

1 Like

Edited to include dancer weapons

If bonus is active on unit maybe

something something broken inheritable weapons something something

1 Like

Just waiting for our inheritable “when special triggers by unit’s attack, restores 30% unit’s Max HP” or something

6 Likes

Divine Tyrfing ranged DR weapons :feh_morganagrom:

3 Likes

Honestly I’d lowkey love something like that though. Self sustain is always nice.

1 Like

It would be a pretty cool weapon tbh. I was just joking in a way because it is the new effect that IS will probably slap on 4 more units in the next few months and then powercreep it somehow. If Christmas keeps up the healing theme, that effect will definitely be on one of the PRFs. Of course, they could just have a different kind of “common” effect among the units that has nothing to do with healing

4 Likes

I am curious what they come up with. Maybe a weapon effect that conditionally reverses foe’s visible bonuses + steals them during combat.

4 Likes

IS can be original if they choose to, but I feel like they usually base effects off of preexisting concepts. If not already existing, they’ll make it into a skill or something later on. That’s why I feel the “restores % of max HP” is a possibility (when? who knows). For example: F!Ike had penalty reversal. Now it exists in the form of a unity skill (still confused as to why IS hasn’t been capitalizing on this). Freyja introduced this buff stealing concept, so something like that is possible. I feel that CYL is just long enough ago to have an effect be stolen and put onto something else, so % max HP restoration is very possible.

1 Like

It already was a thing on Halloween Grima (30% as opposed to Claude’s 50%) but personally I think it’s too soon for that on an inheritable weapon.