As these will be added this anniversary in NA, I’m sure a lot of NA players are starting to plan out who to give the special/limited command codes to and are likely wondering how JP users have been using them thus far (who did you equip them to and which command card?).
I’m particularly curious whether they’ve been used entirely out of the theme of the name/visuals or entirely due to effects or a bit of both (as some effects fit well with the servant that’s featured on the code or referenced by it).
I figure a lot of people prioritize gameplay, but in case there’s another odd person like me, I’ll include my research into what characters/servants each limited code is connected to, whether or not the effects of the command code make sense for that servant. In some cases they do, but that isn’t the goal of the list.
List of Limited Codes
- Lucky Beast: features Fou, who mostly interacts with Mash and Merlin
- Crest of Humanity: kind of left open to anyone, though Mash, Da Vinci and Sherlock come to mind as most connected to Chaldea.
- Armament of Triumph: features Excalibur, so Artoria is the most clear option
- First Servant: features Mash
- Lady of Red Jewels’ Command Seal: Features Rin’s command seals, so Ishtar or Eresh fit best, while Emiya could also fit.
- God-Binding Chains: features Enkidu in the form of Gil’s NP, so mostly Gil, but Enkidu could fit too
- Lynchpin of Heaven: features Gilgamesh
- White Vessel’s Command Seal: features Illyasviel’s command seals. Herc could fit, but the effect is more clearly for Illya.
- Dragon Slayer’s Sword: features Siegfried’s sword. Technically Sieg could fit, just not as much.
- The Demonic Twilight Dragon: features Siegfried. Technically Sieg could fit, but same as above.
- Hunter of Love: features Orion’s bear form, so either Orion or Super Orion
- Wicked Disciple’s Command Seal: features Kirei’s command seals (Kirei summonable when?) so aside from waiting for that it could fit Hundred Personas or Gilgamesh. I’m also tossing Li Shuwen in as an extra since the effect might be based on the martial arts Kirei uses which Li Shuwen was a master of.
- Sword of Beginning and End: features the Azoth Sword/Blade which has been in the possession of Tokiomi (Tokiomi servant when?), Kirei, Rin (Ishtar, Eresh), Emiya, and also Paracelsus (you can see it in his third ascension).
- Holy Night’s Aurora Borealis: features Santa Alter Rider.
- Legendary Beast of the Grove: features the Calydonian Boar which Atalante Alter is merged with.
- Hachiyou no Kagami: features Tamamo-no-Mae’s mirror.
- Good Wife Wise Fox: features Tamamo-no-Mae.
- Imaginary Figure’s Light Pink Command Seal: features Sakura’s command seals, so Parvati or Medusa are the closest thematically.
- Pigeon Report: features Semiramis’ Hanging Gardens and pigeon familiar.
- Star-Eradicating Wicked Holy Sword: features MHXA’s sword.
- Bride of White Rose: features Nero Bride.
- BB Slot: features BB’s slot mechanic from her events, so closest fit is BB or Summer BB.
- The Lost Casket: features Moriarty’s casket.
- Command Seal of Faintly-Corrupted Delusions: features Kariya’s command seals (Kariya servant when?) so the closest fit is Zerkerlot, but the effects don’t fit him at all.
- The Spear of Love, Conduct, and Wisdom: features Parvati’s spear.
- Nun of a Merciful Gaze and Warm Expression: features Kiara.
- Command Seal of a Cardinal-Minded Retainer: features Waver’s command seals, so fits closest with Waver or Iskandar. Perhaps Alexander.
- Intangible Case: features a device that seals Rhongomynad which Gray carries with her in a cage.
- Da Vinci-chan: features Da Vinci.
- Immature Illusionary Command Seal: features the command seals from an alternate version of Artoria that’s a master. Some potential options are the OG Artoria, Artoria Lily, and MHXA (due to her first outfit being similar to this version of Artoria).
- Excellently Crafted Thin-Blade: features Okita’s sword.
- The Great Fool of Owari: features Oda Nobunaga.
- Jeweled Birds Coat of Arms: features the Musik family crest. The closest to this is Siegfried, but even that is a big stretch, so unless we get a Gordo or Goredolf pseudo-servant this one’s for anyone.
- Ukiyodako: features Hokusai’s octopus.
- Gakyo no Oofude: features Hokusai’s paintbrush.
- Magus of Flowers: features Merlin.
- Your Faithful Sheep: Features Dumuzi, this could fit either Eresh, Santa Altera or maybe Ishtar.
- The Reason of Creation: features Ea, Gilgamesh’s NP.
- Chains of Heaven: features Enkidu.
- Gentleman with a Brilliant Goatee’s Command Seal: features Tokiomi’s command seals (Tokiomi servant when?) so it could fit Gil, but again the effect doesn’t fit at all.
- Cosmic Balance: features MHXX’s NP.
- Mistress of the Heavens: features Ishtar.
- Angel’s Bed: features the hospital bed Nightingale throws at enemies.
- Inexistant Phantasmal Horse: features Astolfo’s Hippogriff.
- Maiden of Orleans: features Jeanne.
- The One that Carries Fortune: features Ganesha/Jinako as a rat due to the Year of the Rat
- Himeji Bat: features Osakabehime’s origami bat
- Djinn’s Lamp: features Queen of Sheba’s lamp
- Lady-in-waiting of Wisteria: features Murasaki Shikibu
- Great Witch’s Wheat Porridge: Features some of the feast from Circe’s NP.
- Blades of Niten Doraku: Features Musashi’s blades.
- Command Seal of the Azure Reaper: Features Utsumi Erice’s command seals.
- Cosmos Voyager’s License: Features Voyager’s patch.
- Vive la France: Features Marie Antoinette.
In any case, if you’re NA only, post how you plan to use your command codes, and if you play JP post who you’ve used the limited command codes on and your experience with it so that us NA players get some ideas of what options we have.
Edit: Here’s a list of all the command codes in FGO.